Calorie Counting Canucks

Options
1235»

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Canadians. Today I am tired. I have been doing Insanity and lifting at the gym and find that it is very draining. I have two kids one of which is two, that I find myself chasing most of the day and the only time I get to myself is when he is sleeping (when I do Insanity) or at the gym when he's in daycare. I think the go, go has taken some tole on me.
    I wonder if I'm eating enough, I consume around 1500 calories a day, enough to keep me going through the tough workouts but I have muscle which uses more calories so am I not eating enough? I don't know. I shouldn't be this tired. Should I?
    How much protein are you getting after workouts to help your muscles recover? Your focus should be on fueling and re-fueling pre and post workout - not necessarily overall calorie consumption - if you are feeling drained after workouts. If you are feeling drained ALL the time, take a good hard look at the QUALITY of your calories and not just the number. Make sure you're getting good quality foods, eat low-sugar, healthy fats, lean proteins, and staying hydrated. Good luck!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm another Torontonian sitting here watching flurries outside of the window...I thought it was spring!
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Living in Kitchener, working in Hamilton keeps me busy. I'm very happy to have found this program and now the forum to help out as well.

Feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • Guinepig
    Guinepig Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Canadians. Today I am tired. I have been doing Insanity and lifting at the gym and find that it is very draining. I have two kids one of which is two, that I find myself chasing most of the day and the only time I get to myself is when he is sleeping (when I do Insanity) or at the gym when he's in daycare. I think the go, go has taken some tole on me.
    I wonder if I'm eating enough, I consume around 1500 calories a day, enough to keep me going through the tough workouts but I have muscle which uses more calories so am I not eating enough? I don't know. I shouldn't be this tired. Should I?
    How much protein are you getting after workouts to help your muscles recover? Your focus should be on fueling and re-fueling pre and post workout - not necessarily overall calorie consumption - if you are feeling drained after workouts. If you are feeling drained ALL the time, take a good hard look at the QUALITY of your calories and not just the number. Make sure you're getting good quality foods, eat low-sugar, healthy fats, lean proteins, and staying hydrated. Good luck!

Beautifully said. I am going to do exactly that! My hydration was not stellar.