5'2" and 22 lbs lost - I'm an MFP Lifer now!

Options

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow, you look absolutely fantastic. Way to go!
  • Xena067
    Xena067 Posts: 28 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouraging comments, everyone!

Not only do I feel great, but now I have so much more FREEDOM when it comes to food.

Thanks to MFP:

- I enjoy food more now because my portions are reasonable - I no longer feel sick/bloated from over-eating. I am in control of what I eat, and 100% accountable to myself. I still have some chocolate stashed away from the kids, but my Food Diary knows about it ;)

- I savour treats because I have either planned for or earned them through exercise. No more guilt about food. ZERO!

- I am no longer afraid of gaining weight back because I plan to stick to my daily calorie limit at the maintenance level.

- I refer to calories consumed and calories burned & earned through exercise as "math" - and I have learned to trust the math because if you do the math (which means tracking all your calories plus exercising when you want to earn more), the math ALWAYS wins!

- Getting dressed in the morning is easy now because everything in my closet fits - and shopping is fun again!

Good luck on your personal journeys. YOU CAN DO IT!

PS: My husband has lost 14 lbs on MFP too! He wants to lose 10-15 more. Maybe someday he'll post his Success Story ;)
  • mckaytobe
    mckaytobe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely stunning and have just reaffirmed for me why I am doing this. I lost around 20kg but have gained some back slowly over the last year or so. I am looking to lose around 5kg to get back to a weight where I feel comfortable. You have inspired me to get back to being strict and honest with myself-you're right the Maths doesn't lie.
    Great job!!
  • FightingFitMom
    FightingFitMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    wow.. you look gorgeous..
  • tafuting
    tafuting Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow. You rock that dress..
  • Loriep29
    Options
    you look great
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Looking Good Well Done!
  • Xena067
    Options
    @mckaytobe: I'm strict about sticking to my Daily Calorie Limit, but I'm not strict in my food choices. If have a sweet or salty craving, I indulge it - but always *within* my Daily Calorie Limit. So that means I may have just one cookie, instead of half a dozen, or a small bowl of potato chips, instead of the whole family-size bag ;) ... Having said that, sticking to my Daily Calorie Limit means I am consistently making more nutritious food choices now, so sugar cravings have decreased significantly, both in intensity and frequency.

@tafuting: Thanks for the compliment on the dress! 25% off at H&M on #TwitterDay. Fits like a glove, and I love it!
  • Xena067
    edited November 2014
    Options
    November 30, 2014: Today marks my 1 year anniversary on MyFitnessPal and a #365daystreak

Reached my goal weight in early October, then bumped myself up to the maintenance level for my Daily Calorie Limit, and have been successfully maintaining my goal weight ever since with only minor +/- fluctuations.

MyFitnessPal for life!
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You look stunning! Congrats!
  • Xena067
    Options
    Thanks, @aniqa109

I feel great :blush:
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You look great well done.
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    look beautiful!!!! I'm shorter like you and its not easy
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    MFP for life. I totally agree with everything you said about MFP.

Congrats on your success :)
  • 47to27
    47to27 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", too, and I think you've done GREAT! I am so tickled to read about your success, and honey, I know your positive attitude has a LOT to do with it, too! Congratulations :)
  • Xena067
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ia24oegcztu7.jpg

April 14, 2015: Celebrating my 500 day streak on MyFitnessPal!

Reached my weight loss goal of -30 lbs on October 4, 2014 and am currently maintaining at 87.4% of my goal.

Hope to be back at 100% soon April 14, 2015: 500 day streak on MyFitnessPal!

Reached my weight loss goal of -30 lbs on October 4, 2014 and am currently maintaining at 87.4% of my goal.

Hope to be back at 100% soon
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well done! :)
  • jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your original post, and your ongoing success as well! Amazing transformation and fantastic attitude!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous!! Thanks for the inspiration! I'm 23 pounds into a 40-pound loss and posts like yours truly help keep me motivated!
  • Xena067
    Options
    cds_momto3 wrote: »
    You look gorgeous!! Thanks for the inspiration! I'm 23 pounds into a 40-pound loss and posts like yours truly help keep me motivated!

YOU CAN DO IT !!!

Take it one day at a time, one pound at a time. Don't give up. In time, you will reach your goal. I'm sure of it - you're more than halfway there!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!