cleaning out the pipes :)

Options
13»

Replies

• Dwjenready2lose
    Dwjenready2lose Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Heck no! :) Id get sick do not belive in doing that!:smile: My mom is a nurse and said you would just gain it back.:grumble:
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Google "Karen Carpenter."
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Years ago when all of this cleanse nonsense wasn't so popular I tried one. I figured what the hell could it hurt? It was a week long cleanse. My eating habits weren't great. I don't remember the name of the product (purple box) Both my husband and I tried it. We took the pills early in the morning. We were on our way to do some decorating/painting in a house we had just bought. So the utilities hadn't been turned on yet. By the time I got to the property, I thought my bowels were about to explode. I rushed into the house....took an ungodly crap (sorry for the visual there) that kept going. To my horror the sewer hadn't been hooked up, so flushing was out of the question.So the whole house stunk awful. As my husband laughed at my plight, within 15 minutes it hit him too. This lasted for about 4 hours for me. The cramping was horrendous. To make matters worse the real estate agent decided to drive to the house with a house warming gift. Needless to say he ran outta there pretty damn quick. What did I learn out of this ordeal? #1. Make sure you always hook up the utilities before moving into a house. #2. Don't waste your money.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Only when I have been scheduled for a colonoscopy - and the stuff prescribed for that REALLY cleans out the pipes.

I wouldn't recommend it - generally having to drink 1.5ltrs of foul liquid followed by staying in the bathroom until you 'pass a straw coloured liquid'.

:sick:
  • theCaityCat
    theCaityCat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Make sure to eat at least 25-30 grams of fiber per day, and that's really all you need to be doing. A colon cleanse will not help weight loss and is not necessary unless ordered by a doctor before a procedure.
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Laxatives don't burn fat
    Best answer!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Buy some sugar free gummy bears - they should clear you right out..
  • theCaityCat
    Options
    Oh God, this is so true. :noway:
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Buy some sugar free gummy bears - they should clear you right out..

the 5 pound bag. certified reviews at amazon.
  • theCaityCat
    Options
    Or you could get the sugar free gummy worms. That would be kind of poetic.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Plenty of water, fiber and healthy fats in your diet will allow your body to do what it does naturally...cleanse itself.
  • Yakelmeyer
    Yakelmeyer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just eat kale. Works the same way and is so good for you.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I do a cleanse every 3 months (for every season change). I think it really helps my digestive system as well as cleaning my body out of harmful toxins and junk that has built up from things you have eaten. It's kinda gross but I am now on "Raw Cleanse" by Garden of Life and it sure is cleaning out my system...not in a bad way but I am farting quite often lol!! Besides that, it always goes well. I usually stick to the 2 day liquid cleanse which you can get at GNC or any other nutritional supplement stores.

I hope this helps!! it won't make you lose weight magically but it will kick start your metabolism and diet :)

5cf0a238880cf93e6eea80adb9ac07e3.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just eat kale. Works the same way and is so good for you.

If whatever you're eating has the same effect as a chemical laxative, I propose that you should either a) stop eating it, or b) eat less of it.