Have you ever been punished

Options
for putting on weight? x

Replies

• EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    for putting on weight? x

My dad put me on a diet that was grapefruit and rye toast every morning. Just the thought of it now makes me want to stab.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    No, but I bet you a lot more people were punished for not eating all their food.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I was on weight watchers at 11 or 12. I have been messed up about my weight ever since. Now at 52 years old I think I have it together. I am doing well on mfp and consider it a life long dedication to health rather than a diet. I am half way to my first goal of 50lbs and I know I will get there...
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Punished? No. Threatened? Yes. But I've tortured the hell out of others to make them lose weight also. That's the military for ya.
  • DAWNSTEP
    DAWNSTEP Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I was 18 my mom would ground me for the wknd if I didn't lose so much weight each week. I was 200. Got down to 170. I am now 275 and 35 yo.
  • DAWNSTEP
    Options
    for putting on weight? x

My dad put me on a diet that was grapefruit and rye toast every morning. Just the thought of it now makes me want to stab.

My mom made me drink Brewer's yeast and OJ....bleh can't drink orange juice now.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Well that was misleading....
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    No, but I bet you a lot more people were punished for not eating all their food.

Yep.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Not the thread I was hoping for.

My mind went elsewhere. :devil:

Yeah, mine too. I'm a bit disappointed :laugh:
  • sparacka
    sparacka Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    for putting on weight? x

On October 19th, 2003 I gained approximately 125 lbs. I have been punished by her every day since.

FANtastic!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    But, as a serious answer ... I wasn't ever punished for putting on weight, but there were all sorts of comments when I was a teenager:

"You're not fat now, but if you keep eating like that ..."
    "Just remember, a minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips."
    "You're what I would call 'pleasantly plump'."

etc.

I've never been very overweight, but have struggled with my body image for 20+ years because of those comments.
  • kalegria24
    kalegria24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    "But you have such a pretty face! ".......
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    "But you have such a pretty face! ".......

Is that not a compliment?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Well, I am single and an adult so I still get to make my own rules for now. Just think how much weight I would lose if I got "punished" for actually losing weight... ;)

Unless punishment means she is withholding "affection" - I'm pretty sure I would be losing weight if that were the case.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    My mom would constantly nag me about my weight, the doctors would say all my problems were weight related and clothes shopping sucks still to this day.

:grumble:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    secretary.gif
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options

This. I was forced to clean the plate before leaving the table, then got harassed by family for putting on weight.
  • DAWNSTEP
    Options

This. I was forced to clean the plate before leaving the table, then got harassed by family for putting on weight.

Yup...same here
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Sometimes.

tumblr_n4q2050hYH1r60h6bo3_250_zps48460d56.gif