Have you ever been punished

Options

Replies

• xenu01
    xenu01 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well, I doubt she meant it as a punishment, but visits to Grandma when I was a kid meant I had to eat cottage cheese and pear halves while my skinny sister ate all the ice cream she wanted, so it felt like a punishment.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Man... I want a spanking.
  • Mommyunruhx2
    Mommyunruhx2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Your pretty but you could be Hot if you lost weight
  • kittyd7015
    kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
    Options
    Your pretty but you could be Hot if you lost weight

who says that lol
  • Abstraktimus
    Abstraktimus Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    secretary.gif

I've always wanted to spank her, that naughty little girl.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    yup...oh wait ... wrong forum

some of us have to work you know

...sighs
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    My mom would constantly nag me about my weight, the doctors would say all my problems were weight related and clothes shopping sucks still to this day.

:grumble:

Clothes shopping with my mother as a kid was miserable. My older brother used to tell me I had 'more rolls than a bakery' and yet, I only ever ate the food that was put in front of me. Food was also used as punishment/reward in our house.

• kittyd7015
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    My mom would constantly nag me about my weight, the doctors would say all my problems were weight related and clothes shopping sucks still to this day.

Clothes shopping with my mother as a kid was miserable. My older brother used to tell me I had 'more rolls than a bakery' and yet, I only ever ate the food that was put in front of me. Food was also used as punishment/reward in our house.

hope u got him back now you luk great hun :-) xxx
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yes, I ended up with an unwanted set of moobs and dunlap disease.
  • Laurend224
    Options
    kittyd7015 wrote: »

Thanks! I'm just starting out. That pic is super deceptive. I'm 5'3 and 205 lbs. I don't carry my weight in my head/neck. Little head, huge rear end!
  • CarolinaAcorn
    CarolinaAcorn Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Achrya wrote: »
    I'm usually the one doing the...

Oh. For weight. Nope.

Wait. That was almost interesting.

+1

• kittyd7015
    Options

Thanks! I'm just starting out. That pic is super deceptive. I'm 5'3 and 205 lbs. I don't carry my weight in my head/neck. Little head, huge rear end!

no way your 205!!!!!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    The tangent is funny, but the topic is really sad.

There is so much mental and emotional food baggage foisted on so many people as kids, it's no wonder we have so many people who struggle with both obesity and eating disorders.

FOOD IS LOVE, EAT ALL THIS FOOD AS IT'S LOOOOOOVE. ALSO, DON'T GET FAT, KID.

Good luck and hugs for those overcoming those old "tapes." Every bit of that baggage you manage to lose will echo back to you in success!
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    KseRz wrote: »
    No, but I bet you a lot more people were punished for not eating all their food.

I was never punished for being fat, but this was a big issue at my school. My grade school lunch monitor lady would make sure that we ate everything on our plate INCLUDING all of the condiment we got. So if you got too much ketchup for your fries, she made sure you got a spoon and ate the rest of the ketchup. We were like 1st - 3rd graders too. I didn't realize how much of an impact that made on me until one day I was eating with my parents when I was like 25 and I was full but still had some ketchup left and my mom asked me if I was done and I said well yeah but I didn't finish my ketchup and I don't want to waste it. She was like "uh...what?" I realized then I had made sure my whole life I didn't waste any of that stuff by either eating more than I needed to to use it up, or not using it. I wonder how much weight I would not have gained if I hadn't had that engrained in my brain.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Was never punished, more like shamed. My mother used to tell me that no one would love me if I was fat (didn't use those words, but that was the message I received loud and clear). When I met my husband (was 18 when we met) and realized that he loved me for me, I gained a ton of weight (not intentionally). That was ten years ago. I'm still dealing with the repercussions of the mindset that was put on me as a young impressionable teen.
  • Laurend224
    Options

no way your 205!!!!!

205.2 this morning. That pic was taken about a year ago and I was about the same then. I haven't been under 200 since I had my last son. He'll be 3 in Feb.

• Laurend224
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    The tangent is funny, but the topic is really sad.

There is so much mental and emotional food baggage foisted on so many people as kids, it's no wonder we have so many people who struggle with both obesity and eating disorders.

FOOD IS LOVE, EAT ALL THIS FOOD AS IT'S LOOOOOOVE. ALSO, DON'T GET FAT, KID.

Good luck and hugs for those overcoming those old "tapes." Every bit of that baggage you manage to lose will echo back to you in success!

I'm trying really really hard not to do this to my kids. I make sure they have healthy food all the time, and I let them listen to their body cues in regards to their hunger. So far so good. They eat when hungry and stop when full and all are at a healthy weight. I'm trying to shed this weight so I can be a model for them. I don't discuss my weight in front of my kids or complain about how fat I am or that I am 'dieting'

• Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I got punished for not eating all my food. When I was a kid I thought I just hated almost all foods; turns out it was mostly that my mom was a REALLY lousy cook.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Not the thread I was hoping for.

hahaha my thoughts exactly :)
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    wheird wrote: »
    "But you have such a pretty face! ".......

Is that not a compliment?

Ugh...that is SO not a compliment! I heard that crap for years...