ICE CREAM

Options
Okay so I'm curious. I've seen a lot of posters, especially the iifym group, that just LOOOOOVE their ice cream. But now, I'm wondering, why ice cream? I mean what's so special?

I'm not saying there's something wrong with it btw....but what about that candybar sitting on the shelves all by itself, or that poor lonely cookie on the sidewalk? Or is it just because ice cream has calcium?? Lol

Why do you like ice cream more than cookies? :ohwell:

Replies

• __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Sea Salt Caremel Talenti? That's why.
  • Leana93412
    Leana93412 Posts: 162
    Options

Nah we don't have fancy ice creams. :wink: but in my freezer is a 2Litre tub of vanilla-chocolate-caramel ice cream. Which I ate about a quarter of earlier. :laugh:
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream & peanut butter cups daily. Easy way to put calories in my diet. I can't wait til my next bulk starts...:P
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

Nah we don't have fancy ice creams. :wink: but in my freezer is a 2Litre tub of vanilla-chocolate-caramel ice cream. Which I ate about a quarter of earlier. :laugh:

Seriously, it's worth the price. It's so rich I only need to eat 1/4 - 1/2 a cup and I'm as happy as a clam.
  • Braz76
    Braz76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This sums it up for me:

Ode to Ice Cream
    By Lacey B., Avondale, LA

Oh wonderful ice cream,
    an icy delight
    It's a fanciful dream
    that has come to its height

With flavors a plenty,
    it's a difficult decision
    Maybe something minty
    I'll pick with precision

I feel so excited
    as I shove in my spoon
    My face is alighted
    I think I might swoon

It travels so easily
    heading to my waiting mouth
    I devour it quite quickly
    Then again the spoon heads south

an amazing experience,
    eating this treat
    I lick up the remnants
    Ice cream can't be beat!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Good question! I'm not a big ice cream fan. It will sit in my freezer until someone else eats it!
  • Leana93412
    Options
    This sums it up for me:

Ode to Ice Cream
    By Lacey B., Avondale, LA

Oh wonderful ice cream,
    an icy delight
    It's a fanciful dream
    that has come to its height

With flavors a plenty,
    it's a difficult decision
    Maybe something minty
    I'll pick with precision

I feel so excited
    as I shove in my spoon
    My face is alighted
    I think I might swoon

It travels so easily
    heading to my waiting mouth
    I devour it quite quickly
    Then again the spoon heads south

an amazing experience,
    eating this treat
    I lick up the remnants
    Ice cream can't be beat!

^^^ This is so cool! :laugh:
  • Leana93412
    Options
    Well since everyone prefers ice cream, I suppose I need to eat all of those lonely cookies and candybars...:ohwell:

The poor loves....
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    After going so long without it, just the thought of being able to enjoy a cup full once in a while is a treat in it's self. I have had a problem staying up to my goal weight, and I have used chocolate chip ice cream as my diet aid of choice. Most nights I'm at work I will have a little. I'm sure I will tire of it soon, but for now, I'll have a little when I need the calories.
  • PrissyPisces
    PrissyPisces Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I really don't know why. I just had some sugar free ice cream with honey graham cracker topping. I was so frustrated with my diet, and I think that actually brought me back to my senses. :laugh:

I'd bet the majority of us ice cream lovers are women. :laugh:
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Well since everyone prefers ice cream, I suppose I need to eat all of those lonely cookies and candybars...:ohwell:

The poor loves....

Why not introduce those poor, lonely cookies and candies INTO the ice cream...they will become BFF...oh my...
  • Leana93412
    Options
    I really don't know why. I just had some sugar free ice cream with honey graham cracker topping. I was so frustrated with my diet, and I think that actually brought me back to my senses. :laugh:

I'd bet the majority of us ice cream lovers are women. :laugh:

:laugh: I just find it so funny that I always see people enjoying their ice cream but I hardly ever read about someone eating a few cookies and milk. :ohwell: Must be a new macro set by the iifym team :tongue: you must have a daily allotment of ice cream with your carbs protein and fat :laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

The poor loves....

See, we're saving them for you! Please don't eat the cookies off the sidewalk, though. That's kinda gross. :wink:
  • Leana93412
    Options

The poor loves....

Why not introduce those poor, lonely cookies and candies INTO the ice cream...they will become BFF...oh my...

Now there's an idea...I doubt I'll be able to stay at 250cal for dessert then, but oh well I ate 600 calories worth of ice cream earlier anyway so :laugh: and I wasn't even counting....and it fit?! :indifferent: .... I knew I could eat intuitively!!!!
  • ladybuglucy
    ladybuglucy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask then you just aren't going to understand.
  • Leana93412
    Options

The poor loves....

See, we're saving them for you! Please don't eat the cookies off the sidewalk, though. That's kinda gross. :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But but but they cryed chocolate all over the sidewalk while walking out of your cupboards!!! :cry:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

The poor loves....

Now there's an idea...I doubt I'll be able to stay at 250cal for dessert then, but oh well I ate 600 calories worth of ice cream earlier anyway so :laugh: and I wasn't even counting....and it fit?! :indifferent: .... I knew I could eat intuitively!!!!

Pepperidge Farm Milano salted pretzel slice with 17g of Turkey Hill butter brickle ice cream. That was 86 calories (47 for the cookie and 39 for the ice cream) and it was delicious! It was requested by one of my friends that I do this and report back to her, and I'm a good friend. :wink:

9cb8d598-04a7-4f3d-8178-f6cb6e766e0c_zpsdbd66300.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'm curious. I've seen a lot of posters, especially the iifym group, that just LOOOOOVE their ice cream. But now, I'm wondering, why ice cream? I mean what's so special?

I'm not saying there's something wrong with it btw....but what about that candybar sitting on the shelves all by itself, or that poor lonely cookie on the sidewalk? Or is it just because ice cream has calcium?? Lol

Why do you like ice cream more than cookies? :ohwell:

Ice cream really helps me meet my fat macros. I like candy bars now and again, but not something I want to eat regularly. I also try to include pies, cakes, and cookies. I'm planning on trying out making my own protein bars in the future and maybe next week making vanila protein cupcakes so it'll be a treat that I can depend on helping push up my protein and fat #s.
  • Leana93412
    Options
    Pepperidge Farm Milano salted pretzel slice with 17g of Turkey Hill butter brickle ice cream. That was 86 calories (47 for the cookie and 39 for the ice cream) and it was delicious! It was requested by one of my friends that I do this and report back to her, and I'm a good friend. :wink:

... :love:

Reality check.

Third world country. No fancy low cal ice creams. Except the fruity pops that taste like nothing.... :noway:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

... :love:

Reality check.

Third world country. No fancy low cal ice creams. Except the fruity pops that taste like nothing.... :noway:

It's not really low cal. 150 cals per serving. But sometimes I'll just take a spoonful and eat it off the spoon if I don't have room for a full serving. I've always loved ice cream, but now I love a little less of it. :smile: