My Get Up and Go seems to have Got Up and Went

Options
2»

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You need to find other goals that are not weight loss related... fitness goals usually work well.
    Or maybe focus on lowering your bodyfat % now that you lost the weight...or on gaining strength...or running some 5ks or something.
    I have had periods where I drifted away and gained a bit, but I have never been overweight so it is not a huge issue for me.
    I slip back to good habits fairly quickly once I return to my senses.
    I am very active on here, very active in terms of fitness and even though my goals might not be the same, feel free to add me.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I know maintenance is hard, I am a year and a half in, I go up 4-5 and back down. I can see where it can get away from me quickly. I weigh every day. Yep, keep thinking about those clothes you want to fit into. Don't let the job wear you down, if need to get another one. Comfort eating is hard to give up but we usually don't want the food, we want peace and love and contentment and stuff like that. I know it is hard, maintenance is harder than losing for sure, we know we have to watch it for a lifetime.
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    There have been studies that show we only have so much willpower. That's why you try to make habits so that you can operate on autopilot. You can have the same breakfast and lunch everyday, at least during the week, so that's one less set of decisions to make and deal with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_depletion
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    How about adding in some exercise? It works for me when work drains my brain. I get a rush if endorphins, I sleep much better and it seems easier to stay motivated.