Petite girls around 5ft0 weight/size clothes?

Options

Replies

• htowey
    htowey Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 4' 11.5" and my starting weight was 200lbs and a size US 16. I started MFP seriously about a month ago and have lost 15 lbs so far. Although to be in a normal BMI range I should be between 100-120lbs I think I could be happy at 135lbs. I've never been thin so I think if I dropped to 100 lbs it would look unnatural.
  • littleaudrey85
    littleaudrey85 Posts: 45 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and I weigh 137lb currently which is more than I'd like to weigh. I have quite a bit of muscle because I'm a runner but my hips and thighs are small so I usually wear either a 4 or 6 in some brands (US). When I was my lowest at 122lb I wore a 2 or a 4. Working on getting down to 110lbs. I wear kids clothes a lot..lol.
  • TasiaTa
    TasiaTa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is a great find here. Feel very alone being 5 nothin. Weight loss is so very difficult. And being over 40 makes it harder. A lot of you have had good success. What calorie limit do you set for yourself? How much exercise? Btw my heaviest was 230 and I am currently 173.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm an oddball and I love posting in these threads. I'm 5'2" and around 160lbs. The heaviest I have been is 165 and the lightest I have been (since I started weighing myself regularly) was 125lbs. In that time, I've only went up one pants size. Why? Because my hips are HUGE! At 165, I am wearing US size 14 pants. When I was at 125, I was wearing size 12 (maybe occasionally a 10, but 12 felt more comfortable). I do have different sizes of belts depending on how much I need to cinch up the waist. Also, my shirt size never changed from a small. Yeah, my proportions are all whacky.

As for weight, honestly, I hide it well. Most of my life people have always guessed I weighed WAY less than what I actually do. I think because my hips are naturally big, no one notices when I start filling in around the waist. ^-^;;;;
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and 5'0". At my heaviest, I was 148.7 lbs on 9/4/14. I felt huge and miserable. I now weigh 127.4 as of 2/8/15 and my goal is 125. I have started feeling confident about my size very recently as I have finally re-entered the 120s that I haven't seen in 7-8 years. At that time, I was wearing 8-10 in jeans compared to my recent 13. I am now fitting in size small sweatpants and shirts. Once I hit my goal, I am going to buy new jeans. I get discouraged because I'm so short that I'm still fat in the abdomen; everywhere else is small. I know that's where fat gets lost last, but I thought it would be smaller at this point. I'm thinking of slimming down to 118-120.
  • SwedishSarah
    SwedishSarah Posts: 4,350 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm 4'11'' and currently weigh 106.4 pounds. My goal is 100, and I might lose a few more once I cross that bridge. As of now, I wear a 2 in jeans, and usually xs in shirts. Shorter girls definitely carry weight differently, but I like my size.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    5'1" here.
    Started off at 155lbs / US size 14
    Currently 130lbs / US size 10
    Goal is 115lbs / US size 8 (estimated)
    I'm basing those sizes on Banana Republic Petites, just because sizes vary so much between brands so it's easier to chart my progress by comparing different sizes of a single brand/

I've never, even at my thinnest, been a size 0 or 2 or anything like that. I have hips. That's just how I'm built. I'm fine with it.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I am 5"1.
    Starting weight: 262/US size 24
    Current weight: 215/US size 14
    Goal weight: 130/US size 8-10

Basing my sizes from regular sizes in Walmart. I think my smallest size was an 8... when I was 12. T_T I would be so happy to fit into a size 10.
  • mollusc94
    Options
    So glad i found this!
    I'm 5'2" and started at 120lbs,
    Now I'm 111lbs but I'd like to be 98-100 lbs
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Im down from 315lbs to 213.5 and I am an 18 in pants and XL in tops. I am 5 ft 2.

I was 26/28 when I started. My goal is 150 but would be happy at 170. I never will be tiny because I am muscular so 110 lb for me it totally out lol.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    My normal size is a 4 or 6 at 120 pounds and yes, i'm short. ....probably 61 or 62 inches in height..any amount of extra weight is too much. At this height we just don't have the energy requirements that people have who may be 5 or 6 inches taller.
    The truth is "you (i/we) don't have big bones"......so there is a limit to how much weight our smaller heights can manage, you're smart to look for support, good luck as you strive to maintain OP.
  • rosiecristo
    rosiecristo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow... I just found this thread and it's so nice to see so many beautiful petite ladies like myself!! I'm 4'11" and my heaviest has been 183 lbs. I'm not a little bit down to 176 lbs, but now that I'm in my 40's it's just soooo hard to loose weight. I've always had larger boobs and a big behind and even though my lightest in my 20's was 120 lbs, I felt great. I've been a size 12 for over 20+ years now and I would just love to get down to a size 8 or even a size 10 to feel as if I've accomplished a weight goal. And I do agree that as being shorter, we definately carry our weight so much differently from taller women. Thankx for sharing this!! This has given me that extra boost to keep going and not give up!!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    5'1 and 101 this morning. I maintain between 98 & 105 ( 7- 71/2 stone).
    -Was that weight up until mid 40's then had a menopausal leap to 130.
    Clothing varies in size so much I just hold things up until it looks the right fit.
    Built like a stick insect so all extra lbs go straight to my abdomen, even with a decent LBM I am a lightweight.
    Calorie intake slides between 1200-1400 depending on exercise regime.
    Lifting things that are heavy for us is good for us small women as we have a lighter bone structure ( generalization), and need to maintain it ( and our muscles) as we age. ( my mum has shrunk 3 inches!)
    Cheers, h.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I'm a smidgen under 5' and slowly coming down from 10st 4 (144lbs). My aim is about 120lbs. Anything between 8st and 8 and a half will suit me.

But as I get closer, I'm keener to think more about the tape measure than the actual weight. Currently I'm somewhere between a 12 and 14 depending on the shop. My boobs are big, my bum is flat. The only way I can fix that I reckon is to get lifting heavy weights, which is what I want to do when I get back from holiday.
  • fifilan
    fifilan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 4ft11in and I currently weigh 117. I'm 54 years old. My highest weight was about 168 about 15 years ago. I lost 50 lbs doing Weight Watchers and kept it off for quite a while. I am also a runner. My weight crept back up to 143 and at the beginning of 2014 I decided to do something about it. I started watching my portion sizes and started doing youtube exercise videos, especially FitnessBlender.com and lost about 27 lbs. I am in better shape than I was previously at the same weight because I am much more toned. I'm not as concerned by the number on the scale, I'm just trying to be as fit and toned as possible. I have size 2 jeans and also have some size 6 items. It really depends on the manufacturer, sizes aren't consistent.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5ft but at my heaviest was 13 stone (182lbs) uk size 14/16, which put me in the obese category, after 4 years of healthy eating and exercise I've managed to reach my goal weight of 7stone 6lbs (104lbs) UK size 6/8.

I always thought being 9st 7lbs ish, UK size 10/12 was normal/healthy size. however for me being that weight and size i was still in the overweight catagory and I did appear quite chubby.

It think when your short, even a little bit of weight clings to you differently as my taller friends can put weight on and not look bloated like I would!

The 'Petite Advantage Diet' it rammed home to me that every extra bit of weight shows on a peite frame. I'm 5ft0 too. Here are my stats:

Lightest:
    7st 2 (100lbs) B33 (32B), W23, H35 Dress size 6-8

Target:(though I'd happily go lighter) Dress size 8
    7st 6 (118lbs) B34 (32C), W24, H36

Heaviest:
    10st (140lbs) B38 (34DD) W30, H42 Dress size 12-14

I'm 8st 10 right now.
  • smr09012
    smr09012 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Im down from 315lbs to 213.5 and I am an 18 in pants and XL in tops. I am 5 ft 2.

I was 26/28 when I started. My goal is 150 but would be happy at 170. I never will be tiny because I am muscular so 110 lb for me it totally out lol.

I was starting to feel bad because everyone started so small (at least in my book!).

My highest was 315, and I'm at a size 22. It's amazing how different bodies at the same height and weight can be different sizes!

• segacs
    Options
    smr09012 wrote: »
    It's amazing how different bodies at the same height and weight can be different sizes!

True that. There are women on here who are my height and ~50lbs heavier than me who claim to wear the same size clothing as I do.
  • smr09012
    smr09012 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    But I was the same weight as shortntall1, yet she wore a 26/28 and I was in a 22! That's a big difference! I'd be SWIMMING in a 26/28!
  • segacs
    Options
    Yeah, difference in weight distribution is one thing. Difference in labelling among different manufacturers is another. But I think the biggest variable is body fat percentage; someone who is 200lbs and muscular will wear a much smaller size than someone who is 200lbs with a high body fat percentage.