Looking for MFP friends with kids who still workout

Options
124»

Replies

• fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    So sorry to interrupt, but your participle's dangling.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I have an insane 2 year old and I still (usually) work out with her around. She is in a phase of stealing my dumbbells and running away with them. So i think I just need heavier weights...

You will have the strongest baby ever!
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have an insane 2 year old and I still (usually) work out with her around. She is in a phase of stealing my dumbbells and running away with them. So i think I just need heavier weights...

she's already a beast! she likes to find and steal my 15 pound kettle bell. Kid is nails lol
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

she's already a beast! she likes to find and steal my 15 pound kettle bell. Kid is nails lol

That's, what? 50% of her body weight?
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Instead of toys for Christmas you should get her a squat rack! Haha!
  • cdahl383
    Options
    Any other MFP members on here with kids that still find time to workout? What's your routine? Those with older kids do you get them involved too?
  • ewc0125
    ewc0125 Posts: 13
    Options
    Im a mother of 2 boys. 2 and a half and 10 months. I go to school full time and my husband works 2nd shift so i also have that problem. I try to get a run in before i pick up the boys from school and i take them for a long walk every night. You can add me if you like. As pathetic as it sounds i dont really have any friends outside of family. Having litle ones basically takes up all my time for a social life.
  • cdahl383
    Options
    Im a mother of 2 boys. 2 and a half and 10 months. I go to school full time and my husband works 2nd shift so i also have that problem. I try to get a run in before i pick up the boys from school and i take them for a long walk every night. You can add me if you like. As pathetic as it sounds i dont really have any friends outside of family. Having litle ones basically takes up all my time for a social life.

I know exactly what you mean. I used to hang out with my friends a lot, but after having kids we hardly hang out at all. Some of them I've lost touch with, others we keep in touch via facebook or email/phone, but rarely hang out. We basically just hang out with our close family and that's about it. That's really all we have time for as well.
  • lovestolift67
    Options
    This was a tough summer for me. I am a stay/work at home father of 5 (oldest is getting his own place with friends! So one less kid in the house) I go real early (0530) to the gym. Little different where I live. Tiny village of 700 people in Iceland. (How I got here a long story) The gym here as weird hours during the summer 4-7pm. Hard for us hardcore gym rats, but we were allowed, well some of us were allowed to have the key and go from 6-7am. I have the key now, and I go in earlier to get my 2 hours in, then go home, and get ready for the onslaught of kids that will wake up. lol I am earning my degree and a few other certifications online, I am also involved in network marketing, and I am working on hosting my own fitness events (2 kinds of events. Your regular fitness modeling event, and another event about people's journey of losing weight and getting control of any ailment that is associated with being overweight and not eating properly, The BodyProud Movement)

By the time I can do anything the kids have to be in bed, and I am up until 2-3am, sleep for 2-3 hours, then start the day all over again. really hard, but school will be starting soon, and the normal gym hours will be set again within a week and a half. I feel everyone's pain!!
  • Mikameii
    Mikameii Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of two boys (3 and 4) while having a husband who is injured and going to school full time. It's always tough to try and workout with them up. Sometimes getting up earlier than them works, but there are days I find hard to get up out of bed. Then other days I have to wait until they go to bed, which also it's ideal for me. The only great part is, is that when I have no choice but to workout with them up, they like to join in. And that puts a smile on my face to see them try what I do!
  • cdahl383
    Options
    Wow some of you folks have some crazy schedules! Have to give you a lot of credit for maintaining a routine given all the demands. Good job, very inspiring!