<500 Pizza

Options
BeardedYoung
BeardedYoung Posts: 229 Member
Arnold's - Multi Grain Sandwich Thins, 2 bun - 200cal
Wegmans - Fresh Mozzarella Chesse - 90 cal
Mid's - Homestyle Pizza Sauce, 1/4 cup - 20cal 
Italian Style Pepperoni, 16 slices - 140cal

Heat oven to 500 put them in the over, switch to the broiler to brown the cheese... Sooooo Good!

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/823248-zucchini-pizza-crust

14" pizza, I made this into 4 servings and it was roughly 90 calories per serving. so when it was done I had 1/2 a 14" pizza with turkey pepperoni and green peppers for 325 calories
  • kwatson28
    kwatson28 Posts: 31
    Options
    I do about the same type of pizza but with a pita! I like to make mine with 2 tsp pesto, spinach leaves, a few little mozzarella pearls and some salad shrimp :)
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    If you can find the crusts by Pizza Romana, they are only 300 calories for the entire crust (I'd say it's about 10-12" across). I get them at freezer section at Central Market/HEB in Texas but I don't know how readily available they are elsewhere. Amazon sells them but their shipping cost is insane. I've made a lot of different pizzas on these crusts and they always turn out awesome. The ingredients are very simple (flour, water, yeast, salt, olive oil - that's it) and they cook quickly.

The package looks like this:

51DXCad9vbL._SY300_.jpg

One of the pizzas I made on it (avocado, jalapeno, and habanero jack with tomatoes and cilantro)

avojalapizza_sm.jpg
  • BeardedYoung
    Options
    I think I'm gonna live on pizzas for a while
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Yes. This. I knew this. I forgot this. Thank you.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    gonna try this!
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I made cauliflower pizza crust the other day (not because I'm gluten free - but because I actually like the taste) and seeing zucchini crust makes me want to experiment and make my own zucchini / cauliflower pizza crust!!!!!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    i'd rather eat 1 or 2 slices of the real thing.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I understand trying to keep calories lower but if you want pizza why not just make 1-2 slices fit into your day.

Cause this is pizza

pizzaslice.jpg
  • tammy3me
    tammy3me Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    so going to make pizza now! <3
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I can eat 1/2 (YES--a HALF of a pizza) of a medium thin crust Domino's pizza for ~580 calories (veggies/cheese only). Or 1/4 of a Papa Murphy's "Faves" Pepperoni (Large) is only 480 calories. Those are my "low calorie" pizza preferences.

I apparently cannot cook, since any of my "make at home pizza like concoctions" taste TERRIBLE. So, I'll stick with my carefully chosen takeout choices, lol!

Plus a salad on the side instead of bread if I don't have the room (but I make sure to have the calories for the breadsticks/garlic bread).
  • acookieclicker
    Options
    YxoEYNll.jpg

My homemade pizza! Delicious and 500 calories for half.
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    i'd rather eat 1 or 2 slices of the real thing.

this
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I understand trying to keep calories lower but if you want pizza why not just make 1-2 slices fit into your day.

Cause this is pizza

pizzaslice.jpg

Yup. Usually I just make the real thing fit as well.
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I use English muffins 2 (four halves), crushed tomato 1 tlsp, on each half and total 1/4 cup of cheese, and 16 turkey pepperonis and onion and pepper and fresh basil

using crushed tomatoes doesnt have seasoning or salt so ...add to taste... however makes a healthy choice for extra dipping sauce that I like to do

mines= comes a little under 500 cals and I eat this meal ALOT. Pizza is my fav.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Arnold's - Multi Grain Sandwich Thins, 2 bun - 200cal
    Wegmans - Fresh Mozzarella Chesse - 90 cal
    Mid's - Homestyle Pizza Sauce, 1/4 cup - 20cal 
    Italian Style Pepperoni, 16 slices - 140cal

Heat oven to 500 put them in the over, switch to the broiler to brown the cheese... Sooooo Good!

Love this idea. I have been doing the same thing with a floured tortilla.. Thanks so much for sharing..
  • BeardedYoung
    Options
    For all of you suggesting real pizza... if I looked like you guys maybe but I've been eating real pizza... ALOT of it... hence why I am here. I'm from Western NY... We KNOW pizza... and wings... this was just a suggestion please feel free to indulge when I can wash clothes on my abs I will again as well.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    For all of you suggesting real pizza... if I looked like you guys maybe but I've been eating real pizza... ALOT of it... hence why I am here. I'm from Western NY... We KNOW pizza... and wings... this was just a suggestion please feel free to indulge when I can wash clothes on my abs I will again as well.

I started at 285 lbs, and have lost the weight eating real pizza as part of my diet. I'm from NJ and tonight I'll be going out for some delicious pizza or pasta haven't decided. It's only suggested because you can eat really good food, and not have to fool yourself into thinking sandwich thins are pizza crust.