<500 Pizza

Options

Replies

• boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    bro. I lost 120lbs eating KFC and pizza every week. It's not that hard. It's actually EASIER if you're heavy. You can consume more calories than a skinnier person and still be in a deficit. If you want real pizza you can have it, you just need to eat in moderation.
  • BexWes
    BexWes Posts: 1
    Options
    For all of you suggesting real pizza... if I looked like you guys maybe but I've been eating real pizza... ALOT of it... hence why I am here. I'm from Western NY... We KNOW pizza... and wings... this was just a suggestion please feel free to indulge when I can wash clothes on my abs I will again as well.

Im with you on this one I think the replies with low fat ideas are better than have your cake and eat it ideas sorry. I for one don't have the willpower to have just a slice and healthier alternatives with less saturated fat in for one get the green light in my book.
    Good luck everyone x
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    For all of you suggesting real pizza... if I looked like you guys maybe but I've been eating real pizza... ALOT of it... hence why I am here. I'm from Western NY... We KNOW pizza... and wings... this was just a suggestion please feel free to indulge when I can wash clothes on my abs I will again as well.

Im with you on this one I think the replies with low fat ideas are better than have your cake and eat it ideas sorry. I for one don't have the willpower to have just a slice and healthier alternatives with less saturated fat in for one get the green light in my book.
    Good luck everyone x

then you're problem is bad willpower control. you need to learn to manage your cravings or you will never keep the weight off
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    It's half price wings at pizza hut today. Just FYI :drinker:
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    no no no!! real pizza all the way! ;) just make it fit your calories once in a while. i went on a 4 hour hike today, then had a whole 12''+ pizza for dinner and still have 550 calories left!
  • lollyhackett
    lollyhackett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Try the cauliflower crust pizza! Now that's amazing!
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I understand trying to keep calories lower but if you want pizza why not just make 1-2 slices fit into your day.

Cause this is pizza

pizzaslice.jpg

So true, doesn't matter what you do, it won't ever match that ^^

I want pizza...now. LMAO

But OP, definitely going to try that recipe.
  • KimchiKiller
    KimchiKiller Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm having 2 slices of Little Caesar's pizza tonight, it's fitting into my daily calories, BUT I am excited about trying these lower calorie options, too. Thanks for the ideas!
  • SpicesOfLife
    Options
    just to clarify, i didnt mean to blow the alternative recipes off. :) im just on a pizza high right now cause i just had one lol.

definitely good ideas if you are someone who wants pizza all the time!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

Good luck everyone x

then you're problem is bad willpower control. you need to learn to manage your cravings or you will never keep the weight off

Easier said than done... I. Know for a fact that I can not stop at one or two slices of pizza. I know if I can have something that is a close substitution for the real thing.. That's for me. We all know real pizza is the best... I get that , but to tell someone they don't have the will power is kind of rude.. BTW and why are you here??????
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Arnold's - Multi Grain Sandwich Thins, 2 bun - 200cal
    Wegmans - Fresh Mozzarella Chesse - 90 cal
    Mid's - Homestyle Pizza Sauce, 1/4 cup - 20cal 
    Italian Style Pepperoni, 16 slices - 140cal

Heat oven to 500 put them in the over, switch to the broiler to brown the cheese... Sooooo Good!

But can't I just have real pizza (yummly) #Ilovepizza
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/823248-zucchini-pizza-crust

14" pizza, I made this into 4 servings and it was roughly 90 calories per serving. so when it was done I had 1/2 a 14" pizza with turkey pepperoni and green peppers for 325 calories

:sick:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options

I started at 285 lbs, and have lost the weight eating real pizza as part of my diet. I'm from NJ and tonight I'll be going out for some delicious pizza or pasta haven't decided. It's only suggested because you can eat really good food, and not have to fool yourself into thinking sandwich thins are pizza crust.

2f30ced1_e8eb0ff01628c889c1330de25ff0c83e.jpeg
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    i'd rather eat 1 or 2 slices of the real thing.

this

This + 1

I Love real pizza. I make a mean homemade thin crust pizza. Arnold's Thins have a gummy texture to me.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I keep pizza in the freezer for nights that I can't be bothered and/or don't have time to cook. They're really good and come in at 585 calories for half the pizza, which is totally manageable as far as calories go.

Your idea sounds good for something different, though :)
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Since I have to watch sodium (HBP), I do this:

Global Bakeries Mediterranean pita (10") 180 cal / 60 sodium
    Silver Palette low sodium marinara (2 - 3 tbls)
    1/2 cup Mozzarella
    Armor (50% Sodium) Pepperoni (20)
    Veggies as needed / desired

In 500 degree oven the pita makes a great crust and everything else is 90% of real. >500 for 1/2 the pizza

Canadian Bacon makes a great lower cal substitute

WHen I need pizza (real pizza) I make it fit, or take a hit
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I had half a Chicago Town Takeaway pepperoni pizza for tea and will take the other half to work for lunch tomorrow, have done this every Wednesday for months and still maintain a deficit, lose weight every week.

Can't imagine life without pizza Wednesdays..
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I had half a Chicago Town Takeaway pepperoni pizza for tea and will take the other half to work for lunch tomorrow, have done this every Wednesday for months and still maintain a deficit, lose weight every week.

Can't imagine life without pizza Wednesdays..

Without a ticker, its didn't happen. Internet rules, not mine
  • SpicesOfLife
    Options

In 500 degree oven the pita makes a great crust and everything else is 90% of real. >500 for 1/2 the pizza

>500 cals? no problem ;)