NYC etiquette

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Pomme Frittes............ Why do I live in Texas??? Ugh!!

I make my own Pomme Frittes.. ;)

but on the etiquette thing... in my two days that I stayed in NYC... I learned REAL quick that I don't have as much personal space on a sidewalk as I do down here in Texas.

Yes, but what makes Pomme Frittes, Pomme Frittes is their delicious mayos and sauces.. oh god............. Here is their list of deliciousness: http://pommesfritesnyc.com/gallery.html

You can order dutch frites sauce online... otherwise, the Best Maid salad dressing (like miracle whip) is the next best thing...

But I grew up on the real thing in the Netherlands. :wink: :glasses: and peanut sauce is the weirdest but most delicious thing the Dutch put on their fries.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    #101 ---- I wish I could post this in my building in regards to the elevator! IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! Let everyone come off the elevator before you squeeze yourself in!
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    This is why NYC sucks!

I disagree.

Same-This is why NYC is awesome. We have rules and if you can't follow them, get out of the way! I've got places to go :tongue:
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, and they included a cat in the bodega!

Also I don't care where you live, if you walk 4 abreast down the sidewalk I wish slow death on you and your 3 loser friends.

Maybe it's just a pick-up game of Red Rover...?

Kidding!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    This is why NYC sucks!

I disagree.

Same-This is why NYC is awesome. We have rules and if you can't follow them, get out of the way! I've got places to go :tongue:

Yeah NYC is the only place in America that has it's own regional "rules/guidelines".
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    The only one I disagree with is the umbrella one... and amend it to say the bigger the Umbrella you use the bigger an @$$hole you are. Golf Umbrellas are not made for busy streets!

YES THEY ARE!!!!!

New York rawks. That's why I chose to be born here.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    They forgot the part where you're supposed to say F*** three times a sentence.

*kitten*, f*cketty, f*cker.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE IS MY NEW GOD.
    Ditto! :love:
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Pomme Frittes............ Why do I live in Texas??? Ugh!!

I make my own Pomme Frittes.. ;)

but on the etiquette thing... in my two days that I stayed in NYC... I learned REAL quick that I don't have as much personal space on a sidewalk as I do down here in Texas.

Yes, but what makes Pomme Frittes, Pomme Frittes is their delicious mayos and sauces.. oh god............. Here is their list of deliciousness: http://pommesfritesnyc.com/gallery.html

You can order dutch frites sauce online... otherwise, the Best Maid salad dressing (like miracle whip) is the next best thing...

But I grew up on the real thing in the Netherlands. :wink: :glasses: and peanut sauce is the weirdest but most delicious thing the Dutch put on their fries.

If you need a friend, PM me... I'd love to go home with you next time you go! :laugh:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

The best thing I ever witnessed in NYC was when we were eating dinner (waiting to see Ave Q) and a taxi nearly ran over a pedistrian and we saw the stereotypical banging on the taxi with the fingers and the F-bomb flying... It was AWESOME!!!
  • ValGogo
    Options
    #101 is my favorite!!!
  • ValGogo
    Options
    This is why NYC sucks!

It's a NorthEast thing, you wouldn't understand. Rebel! hahaha :flowerforyou:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I love this! Hilarious!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    life lessons for EVERYWHERE!
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

It's really just a point of emphasis, not a vulgarity. If someone says, "F***ing bear left at the f***ing fork in the f***ing road", what they really mean is "make completely certain you bear left at the fork".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: love this!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Especially like the assertive part. What's with the pole huggers on the Subway?

This also applies to Tokyo, except the entire place is the size of 3 NYCs and is laid out like the West Village...with almost no street names.

Some days I miss NYC. Mostly I miss the food.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    My last trip to NYC really hit home that the place is like Thunderdome. As long as you're comfortable being a silverback, you're good to go. There's a lot I was able to get done there with, "Hi, **** you."

I was a bit disappointed at the food selection, granted it was better than Boston. It made me wish I was in SF.
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Someone did it...someone mentioned Pomme Frites!! Why you have to do this to me so early?!! I still have time (minus the money involved) to hop on the train, skip all my errands for the day, and get over there before 2 :P