Why I don't count calories

Options
13»

Replies

• teenie_71
    teenie_71 Posts: 44
    Options
    Why are you here then? It's a calorie counting website... the main premise is to have a place to... count calories.

NO it's not just a calorie counting website. It's called My FITNESS Pal, not my Calorie Counting Pal
    Have you ever read the log in page?

"Lose Weight with MyFitnessPal The fastest, easiest to use calorie counter app."
    "Over 65 million people have lost weight with MyFitnessPal's FREE calorie counter"
    Are you counting calories here in the forums? No? Think about the implications of that for a few minutes.

You ROCK ^^
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Why are you here then? It's a calorie counting website... the main premise is to have a place to... count calories.

NO it's not just a calorie counting website. It's called My FITNESS Pal, not my Calorie Counting Pal
    Have you ever read the log in page?

"Lose Weight with MyFitnessPal The fastest, easiest to use calorie counter app."
    "Over 65 million people have lost weight with MyFitnessPal's FREE calorie counter"

Well i do log in every day, so yeah i've seen it. thanks for copying and pasting that text. It's not the only thing to do here, that's all i was saying. No need to get butt hurt over it
    I only brought up the text on the log in page because you used the age old "It's called My FITNESS Pal, not My Calorie Counting/CICO/Food Scale Pal." It's not JUST a calorie counting website, but it is a calorie counting website. I like to bring that up whenever someone uses the name of the site to prove a point. Sounds like we both agree :flowerforyou:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I was looking forward to going home and enjoy the "Adios" thread - just to be crushed to find it was deleted. :brokenheart:

Doesn't that just suck?!! :angry:
    The same thing happened to me with the 'drink shakes, not eat food, it's cheaper thread' :frown:
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yeah, yesterday's post was a little more fun. Not a single gif yet......
  • tomandshell
    tomandshell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just had a cheeseburger and french fries. I have enough calories left to have a bowl of soup for dinner. Counting calories allows me to eat things I enjoy now and then as long as I spend my calories according to the MFP app.

But if another method works for someone else, go for it and I wish you great success!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Yeah, yesterday's post was a little more fun. Not a single gif yet......

He hasn't accused us of being religious sheep...yet.
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    More power to you if you can succeed without the checks and balances that counting calories can provide. A lot of people are attracted to calorie counters because they aren't sure exactly how much they're taking in, or they aren't honest with themselves before they have to face the chart at the end of the day. It can also help people make better choices because it helps show where you stand and can show you nutrient rich, low calorie options.

Whatever works for you :) I keep track of mine because it helps me make sure I'm hitting my macros and getting close to my calorie goal, AND it helps keep me from skipping meals.