What's for dinner tonite?

Options

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I had balsamic chicken and mashed potatoes :)
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    turkey tacos with whole grain shells and garden fresh tomatoes
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    spinach lasagna and chopped salad

froyo with my grandson later
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Keep them coming! These are great :happy:

Anyone have any good meal ideas with eggs as the main source of protein?
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers (no bun) and green beans with walnuts!
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things is Hellmans Parmesan chicken. I think tonight I'm going to substitute greek yogurt for the mayonnaise. Hopefully it turns out ok.
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajitas :D YUMMY!
  • oinkerjnn
    oinkerjnn Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Keep them coming! These are great :happy:

Anyone have any good meal ideas with eggs as the main source of protein?

I am an omelette addict. I use egg whites but eggs work too, I just find the whites have less fat, less calories, and I don't have to flip them, they cook right through. I can do a perfect flip about 50% of the time. 25% its ok, 25% its a train wreck.

Four eggs or egg whites
    Goat cheese
    Leafy green of choice, chopped
    Mushrooms peppers onions
    Added protein of choice (steak or chicken usually)

Goat cheese and half an avocado put in before the fold.

This is a true breakfast lunch or dinner meal, and its very good for you.

Tonight is homemade crab cakes from scratch and a salad. I make a homemade semi heathy remoulade of sorts for them; plain Greek yogurt, a little mayo, horseradish, hot sauce, and Worcestire sauce.

I'll probably go no dressing on the salad and put the cakes on top eaten all together.

Edit- I thought of another really good egg dinner. Strata. Spinach and mushroom strata is incredible. Its pretty calorie rich though. Bread, about 3/4 pound of cheese (two parts gruyere one part Parmesan), and eight eggs combined with some mushrooms, onions, and spinach. Secret ingredients to mix in with the eggs, nutmeg and Dijon mustard. You chop the bread into small chunks then layer the different items (bread, eggs, cheese, sautteed veggies) , then let the whole thing sit in the fridge for eight hours. Cook about an hour at 375, til a knife comes out clean. Don't under cook. Very easy to undercook this.

We make this for Christmas morning sometimes.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Haven't decided yet but here are my 2 options for tonight:

Roasted Chicken, Cheesy smashed Potato, Greenbeans & Mushrooms.

or

Spaghetti with garlic bread for DH and Pasta with pesto and mushrooms, garlic bread for me
  • Seevan07
    Seevan07 Posts: 23
    Options
    Depends on my mood when I get home. If I feel like going all out, I'll make homemade quinoa sliders. If not, probably corn tortilla quesadillas w/cheese, Rotel, Greek yogurt, and cilantro.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do a ginger and garlic and sesame oil fish fry...I'll add a little fish sauce at the end for some sauce and serve over brown rice most likely with a side of stir fried veggies.
  • Jodsmission
    Jodsmission Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Buffalo burgers(no bread GF house) over grilled squash and mushrooms with balsamic reduction--boys will probably have jacket potatoes with this and I will have salad with oil,vinegar ,feta and parmesan
    Oh and raspberries!:love:
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Angel hair pasta with Birdseye Asian Veggie Medley, diced mild Italian sausage, and low sodium chicken bouillon. (And thanks for the reminder. I am a half hour late for starting it.)
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    crumpets with jam
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Chinese takeout, spicy broccoli & brown rice.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hamburgers and corn on the cob! :love:
  • acookieclicker
    Options
    Meatless meatballs & spaghetti. The texture is amazing. Plus a side salad of spinach, tomatoes, and mushrooms.
  • khunsberger78
    khunsberger78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I made BLT's and fresh corn on the cob. Used whole wheat bread, turkey bacon, and fresh tomato, half a piece of cheese and light mayo
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I am thinking nice tri tips with sautéed green beans and a biscuit...
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Baked BBQ tofu

and

spinach / kale salad with raspberry vinaigrette- topped with zucchini / mushrooms / tomatoes and homemade croutons..all for 300 calories