30 Day Shred finished by New Years

Options
My son is getting married on Jan. 1 and I want to tighten some things up, especially my arms. :wink: I've started the 30DS today and would like to finish by Jan. 1.

If anyone would like to join me, we can post our progress here. Add your name below mine and cut and paste into your reply. We can update after every workout.

Laurie - Day 1 completed

Replies

• mamastuck
    Options
    Laurie - Day 1 completed
    Tara- Day 1 completed
  • wandawoman
    wandawoman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred and where can I find it? Thanks.
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It's a workout video by Jillian Michaels. I got mine at Walmart for $10. It has 3 levels you do for 10 days each.
  • dubord29
    Options
    I have had that dvd for almost 3 years now and still have never done the whole 30days! So I will join along with you and finally finish that darn program! When I get home from work tonigh I will do Level 1:)

HAPPY SHREDDING EVERYONE!
  • JPotvin
    JPotvin Posts: 108
    Options
    I'm in :) I will do it later today when the kids are napping!
  • JPotvin
    Options
    Day 1 Compete. I only wish I burned more calories :ohwell:
  • graegirl
    graegirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! Count me in! I'm going to do a 1,2,3,1,2,3 rotation of the levels (first day: level one, second day: level 2, etc.)

Tonight: Level 1!

Current Weight: 165
    Target Weight: 150
  • mamastuck
    Options
    I am in so much leg pain today from the shred and good stretches for upper thigh pain?
  • JPotvin
    Options
    I am in so much leg pain today from the shred and good stretches for upper thigh pain?

I am a big fan of heat and massage of newly sore muscles. If you have a heating pad, try that for 10 minutes, then massage your thighs. I have a hard time stretching my thighs, but the one they do at the end of the level 1 works ok for me. I also am a big fan of taking Aleve when I have muscle pain...it helps ease the pain so I can continue working out instead of taking days off to recover. Just my thoughts :)
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Laurie - Day 1 completed
    Tara- Day 1 completed
    Leslie - Day 1 completed

I'm so glad I found this group...I started the shred today and was looking for a group...my vacation is the beginning of March...cant wait...
  • JPotvin
    Options
    Ok, so I should have read the whole first post carefully...duh :)

Laurie - Day 1 completed
    Tara- Day 1 completed
    Leslie - Day 1 completed
    Jennifer - Day 1 completed
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting tomorrow.

Level 1: Nov 29 - Dec 8.
    Level 2: Dec 9 - Dec 18.
    Level 3: Dec 19 - Dec 28.

I hope I can do it this time! :-)
  • amandal15
    amandal15 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm joining today!
  • JPotvin
    Options
    This is the first time I did a workout video where my 2 year old really got into it and was doing it with me...it was hysterical! He was mad that I would I wouln't share my weights with him...but got over it quickly and picked up 2 blocks to use...so funny, I had a hard time doing the jumping jacks because I was laughing so hard at him doing them (trying to anyway). Gotta love the kids :):heart:

Laurie - Day 1 completed
    Tara- Day 1 completed
    Leslie - Day 1 completed

Jennifer - Day 2 completed
  • mamastuck
    Options
    Laurie - Day 1 completed
    Tara- Day 1 completed
    Leslie - Day 1 completed

Tara - Day 2 completed
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't mind if I changed things. I was afraid it would get too long. We could just change the day we've completed this way.

Jennifer - I can just see a 2 year old uses blocks as weights. Too funny!

It wasn't as hard as I though day 2 would be, but I can definitely feel soreness. The hardest part for me are the push-ups. What about the rest of you?

Laurie - Day 2 completed
    Tara- Day 2 completed
    Leslie - Day 1 completed
  • Oranda
    Oranda Posts: 121
    Options
    I will try to join you guys. I had done half of the shred in October but then kept getting sick, so I'm starting over.
  • JPotvin
    Options

It wasn't as hard as I though day 2 would be, but I can definitely feel soreness. The hardest part for me are the push-ups. What about the rest of you?

For me it is the section with the side lunges and the arm raises up to your eyes. The lunge part is fine but I guess lugging the 2 boys around everyday doesn't ever work those arm muscles!
  • Mandy0223
    Mandy0223 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in on this. I have the video and I will start mine tomorrow! :)
  • JPotvin
    Options
    Laurie - Day 2 completed
    Tara- Day 2 completed
    Leslie - Day 1 completed
    Jennifer - Day 3 completed