Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hypocrisy when dating?

Replies

• alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    I suppose its natural to find fit people attractive. Who wouldn't!
    Just being fit isn't enough though if the person is a total a-hole. Better a nice gal with great personality than an arrogant model.. Actually, when talking just about body, being super fit isn't the most attractive trait a girl can have in my opinion. A little curve and padding are usually much more attractive than 14% body fat!

Healthy weight is attractive!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    I like the exact same kind of guy I did when I was heavier... perhaps it's because I still love food and I like the fact that my less active heavier set boyfriend NEVER complains about what I look like, what I do or don't feel like doing regarding exercise - he'll eat whatever I feed him, healthy or not (also without complaint) In my head I'm still a "fatty" - I'll never see myself as an athlete or as "fit & trim" - I prefer a guy who makes me feel small, I always have!!! Guys who are thin or muscular aren't necessarily UN-attractive to me, but I can't see them as a romantic partner because I'd always feel like they were on a different level than I am. Doesn't matter if I'm a runner, doesn't matter if I'm actively counting calories on a daily basis and cooking in super healthy styles, doesn't matter that my weight may be the lowest it's ever been - I know that the true "ME" behind that healthy "facade" is still going to get lazy for a week or a month at times, want to pig out on ribs and ice cream sundaes at times, and even though I don't ever plan on giving up on my healthy lifestyle forever, it definitely falls by the wayside a lot of times (which is why I keep gaining and losing these last freakin' 10 pounds!!!)

But anyway - no hypocrisy on my end, I like heavier guys and always will. :smile:
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    . I won't date anyone under 5'9". I am 5'4"

BI%#$!

:D j/k

This is a very common point of view though... Many "curvier" women complain that men only like skinny women... 90% of the time there's something the bigger girls can do to fix that, not a damn thing us 5'7 guys can do about our height. Honestly though I think it has made me a better person... I've had to learn to be funnier, more charming, and more on top of my game than my tall/dark/handsome brethren... And I think that's a good thing. :)

Like many have said here... We like what we like and although it may at times be hypocritical, we shouldn't let others make us feel guilty about it. It's instinctual.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I've never really been attracted to the GQ type of guy, or the really "ripped" guy at the gym. I was always thin (am thin again currently) but it just never appealed to me. When I started dating my husband, he was 320lbs. He is currently 240lbs. I think he's incredibly hot. I always liked a bit of meat on my guys. My husband is 6'4 so right now at 240, he has a little meat to him. He looks incredible. He's never had abs, never been ripped (when we first met he was 450lbs) but I loved him anyways.

When i was with my ex, I always encouraged him to keep a little belly pooch. It looked good on him. I've never been into the "hard body" even though I had one myself.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    this may be SUPER TMI, but i've always found that sex with a guy with a hard body (especially v-lines) is painful. I had an ex who was cut and had "v-lines" and his jagged *kitten* hip bones dug into me in an incredibly painful way. suckkkkks! am i the only one who thinks that? LOL
  • ChuckgM3
    this may be SUPER TMI, but i've always found that sex with a guy with a hard body (especially v-lines) is painful. I had an ex who was cut and had "v-lines" and his jagged *kitten* hip bones dug into me in an incredibly painful way. suckkkkks! am i the only one who thinks that? LOL

My ex told me that, but I figured she was just trying to make me feel better about my beer gut :P
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Many "curvier" women complain that men only like skinny women... 90% of the time there's something the bigger girls can do to fix that, not a damn thing us 5'7 guys can do about our height.

I can promise you, I can't do a darned thing about my curves. I can reduce the fat in those curves but they will always be there. And, some shorties still consider 5'7 as "tall". That's half a foot on me. And, it was awkward with my last BF. He was 6'3 and, well, my "chest" came up to his belly button. Which was weird. Because he made it weird. Neither here nor there. :)
  • 1. I'm a fatty (lol) but I've never had a problem attracting guys. I *do* have the boob thing going in my favor, i suppose, but i think confidence plays a big part here.

2. I could never be with a man that weighed less than i do.

3. I've never been into a typical "type" & if i think about it, big muscle guys never did much for me.....until I met my BF. He's got the biggest, yummiest arms & shoulders and OMG....i need to stop right there since this is a PG site :wink:

4. I still think any man is lucky to have me :laugh: but I've been like that since I was younger & thinner and I supposed that hasn't changed much even with a chubby tummy. I used to think if I could meet Ricky Schroeder or (and then as i got older) Zach Morris that they'd both want to date me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    i have always found that i am more attracted to guys with a little more meat on their bones. I would feel intimidated if i were dating a stick, especially if i looked like a balloon compared to him. now that I have started exercising, i feel a little more attracted towards guys that actually work out, but aren't totally ripped. anyways, I still find chubbier guys a hell of a lot sexier than the skinny guys. :P
  • alantin
    I actually read a study that said that couples, with a certain difference in heights, were the happiest!

Are there any girls that prefer shorter guys than them or guys that prefer taller girls?
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    1. I'm a fatty (lol) but I've never had a problem attracting guys. I *do* have the boob thing going in my favor, i suppose, but i think confidence plays a big part here.

2. I could never be with a man that weighed less than i do.

3. I've never been into a typical "type" & if i think about it, big muscle guys never did much for me.....until I met my BF. He's got the biggest, yummiest arms & shoulders and OMG....i need to stop right there since this is a PG site :wink:

4. I still think any man is lucky to have me :laugh: but I've been like that since I was younger & thinner and I supposed that hasn't changed much even with a chubby tummy. I used to think if I could meet Ricky Schroeder or (and then as i got older) Zach Morris that they'd both want to date me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i agree that confidence is a big part in finding someone attractive, male or female.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member

hahaha - no, I agree with you.
  • ChuckgM3
    I can promise you, I can't do a darned thing about my curves. I can reduce the fat in those curves but they will always be there. And, some shorties still consider 5'7 as "tall".

I used "curvier" in quotations as kind of a euphemism for girls who are chunky but use their "curves" as an excuse for being overweight... Of course there is nothing wrong with a woman's natural curves and to exclude you I said 90% :)

Oh and I'm actually 5'6... Old habit of stretching the truth on the Internet (I used to wear dress shoes with generous soles haha)
  • alantin
    What is a v-line?
  • apetty21
    I can promise you, I can't do a darned thing about my curves. I can reduce the fat in those curves but they will always be there. And, some shorties still consider 5'7 as "tall".

and I'm actually 5'6... Old habit of stretching the truth on the Internet (I used to wear dress shoes with generous soles haha)

Oh, yea, it's not an excuse. It's just a fact. (and my sister has a body opposite mine...in the curves department...it's weird) And maybe I should lie online. Yea. I can be...5'6 too! Hells yes. (I hate being short)
  • ChuckgM3
    I actually read a study that said that couples, with a certain difference in heights, were the happiest!

Are there any girls that prefer shorter guys than them or guys that prefer taller girls?

I wouldn't say I have a preference, but more of my ex gfs have been taller than me than shorter... Then again they are ex's so I'm not sure that speaks to the happiest relationships :)
  • apetty21
    What is a v-line?

When your muscles make a shape like a V around your hip bones. I've never personally had one ha.
  • alantin
    Oh and I'm actually 5'6... Old habit of stretching the truth on the Internet (I used to wear dress shoes with generous soles haha)

lol
    I never thought that a guy would do something like that!
    I'm 6' and never really thought much about how tall people are.
    Most just happen to be about the same height or shorter!
    What is tall anyway? I don't really think that I am!
  • ChuckgM3

lol
    I never thought that a guy would do something like that!
    I'm 6' and never really thought much about how tall people are.
    Most just happen to be about the same height or shorter!
    What is tall anyway? I don't really think that I am!

Haha... Spoken like a true six footer. If you're a male who has never had to think about his height, you're tall.
  • dkrioux
    dkrioux Posts: 144

I feel the same way... I prefer guys with some meat on their bones... there is a difference in meat and a ton of fat... but yes! it is very painful!:)