The dreaded 'moobs'

Options

Replies

• combatbunny
    combatbunny Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    oooh fancy. lookin' good! keep up the awesome work!
  • ZaCkOX
    ZaCkOX Posts: 115
    Options
    Something which I always battled with was my 'man boobs'. I could never wear fitted t-shirts because they would become so prominent, and even having lost weight they just never seemed to reduce in size.

The first picture was taken about 3 weeks ago, and since then I have incorporated my own workouts which prove to quite effective. I introduced weight lifting to try and target the area and turned 'rowers' into something which I deem far more intense...and I guess this picture can show the results.

I've never had the courage to post a topless weight comparison picture..but this one I genuinely feel proud enough to post. I notice that my tummy has also toned down a bit too..hallelujah!

jZZnfsWl.jpg

Just bench every other day with a lot of sets, those will disappear. Mine used to be huge and my chest changed dramatically with a lot of bench presses.

Thank you! I've been doing basic rowers. Well, I say basic. I bend down and put one hand on something around 2ft high from the ground, and then I pull the weight up to my shoulder, twist my body around (feet still on the floor) and then pull the weight over my chest into a bench-press style, the punch it towards the ceiling and back down. (I hope that makes sense).

We don't have a proper bench to sit on yet so I am having to make do. But it seems to be working! Congrats on your lost!

Thanks, I exercise extensively. If you do get a bench, try a complete combined 100 reps a day at some point. You'll make those moobs good bye.
  • jjdiggy
    jjdiggy Posts: 172
    Options
    thats only 3 weeks? go you!

at one point i was convinced i'd need surgery to get rid of my moobs, but it just takes paitence and eating correctly.

its frustrating as hell that they are the last thing to come off, and the first thing to come back on.

Although, because i tend to carry more fat in my chest then most men, i can actually see abs at a fairly high BF% because i DON"T store fat where a lot of guys typically do. so i did a lot of ab work to capitalize on that. figured no one could call me fat if i had abs lol

wasn't really happy till i ditched the moobs though, i've been in and out of the trainning bra ever since lol

Thank you! Yes they've been a pain to get rid of but the progress is showing. I mean I've seen WORSE than what mine ever were, but even so they caused me many confidence issues.

Congrats on your loss!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    the exercises certainly will not hurt, but getting rid of them will be much more a function of lossing fat from diet then building muscle through exercise.

that being said, i found that a large variety of push ups helped shaped my chest better then bench.

and the more massive/shapely your chest is, presumably the more fat you could carry and get away with.... or it might just sit on top of you pec and it basically gives you perky tits

either way, make sure you eat appropriately
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    oooh fancy. lookin' good! keep up the awesome work!

Thank you!
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Really really excellent progress for 3 weeks!

I always chuckle when I hear the word "moobs". :-) They are kind of endearing though. LOL!!!

Good job!!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options

at one point i was convinced i'd need surgery to get rid of my moobs, but it just takes paitence and eating correctly.

its frustrating as hell that they are the last thing to come off, and the first thing to come back on.

Although, because i tend to carry more fat in my chest then most men, i can actually see abs at a fairly high BF% because i DON"T store fat where a lot of guys typically do. so i did a lot of ab work to capitalize on that. figured no one could call me fat if i had abs lol

wasn't really happy till i ditched the moobs though, i've been in and out of the trainning bra ever since lol

Thank you! Yes they've been a pain to get rid of but the progress is showing. I mean I've seen WORSE than what mine ever were, but even so they caused me many confidence issues.

Congrats on your loss!

try big hairy ones bro :sad:
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Super awesome!
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    Something which I always battled with was my 'man boobs'. I could never wear fitted t-shirts because they would become so prominent, and even having lost weight they just never seemed to reduce in size.

The first picture was taken about 3 weeks ago, and since then I have incorporated my own workouts which prove to quite effective. I introduced weight lifting to try and target the area and turned 'rowers' into something which I deem far more intense...and I guess this picture can show the results.

I've never had the courage to post a topless weight comparison picture..but this one I genuinely feel proud enough to post. I notice that my tummy has also toned down a bit too..hallelujah!

jZZnfsWl.jpg

Just bench every other day with a lot of sets, those will disappear. Mine used to be huge and my chest changed dramatically with a lot of bench presses.

Thank you! I've been doing basic rowers. Well, I say basic. I bend down and put one hand on something around 2ft high from the ground, and then I pull the weight up to my shoulder, twist my body around (feet still on the floor) and then pull the weight over my chest into a bench-press style, the punch it towards the ceiling and back down. (I hope that makes sense).

We don't have a proper bench to sit on yet so I am having to make do. But it seems to be working! Congrats on your lost!

Thanks, I exercise extensively. If you do get a bench, try a complete combined 100 reps a day at some point. You'll make those moobs good bye.

I used to run every day...I do now and then but I find it quite boring and I much prefer working out in my cellar. I enjoy going on the cross trainer much more too, and surprisingly it's been much more effective than running has ever been for me.

I shall try that. Right now I do 5 sets of 10. Maybe I should push to 10 sets of 10! Or do 1 set extra each time! They're the main thing I want gone, and then I want my belly to tone and those abs to pop though!:laugh:
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    Really really excellent progress for 3 weeks!

I always chuckle when I hear the word "moobs". :-) They are kind of endearing though. LOL!!!

Good job!!

Thank you so much! Oh isn't it such a funny word, makes me laugh too when I say it! Thanks again. :happy:
  • Joy_Ryder
    Joy_Ryder Posts: 21
    Options
    Good for you - you got a couple things going for ya - (1) you're young and (2) you're a guy so you lose faster - I hate you haha. Seriously though, good for you for nipping it in the bud (no pun intended)!
  • jjdiggy
    Options

Congrats on your loss!

try big hairy ones bro :sad:

Oh gosh! At least they're gone!
  • marko320
    marko320 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am on the same quest. I enjoyed reading this thread, even though I had to race through it. Nothing worse than somebody walking through the office and catching you looking at shirtless dudes.
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    That result in three weeks is incredible.
    Go you! :drinker:
    Unfortunately I'm getting the same results and I'm a woman :laugh: Bye boobies!
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    Super awesome!

Thank you!
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    I am on the same quest. I enjoyed reading this thread, even though I had to race through it. Nothing worse than somebody walking through the office and catching you looking at shirtless dudes.

Well you ARE on a fitness forum, therefor it should be deemed acceptable. :drinker: Just say you're looking for inspiration :laugh:
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    Good for you - you got a couple things going for ya - (1) you're young and (2) you're a guy so you lose faster - I hate you haha. Seriously though, good for you for nipping it in the bud (no pun intended)!

Thank you, hahaha! You'll get there!!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Good for you, man! Keep it up!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    well done!!
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    Good for you, man! Keep it up!

Thank you, Justin!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!