Whole30 Results!

Options
AlyssamR6712
AlyssamR6712 Posts: 114 Member
Hey everyone! I just completed my whole 30 and wanted to share my results with everyone! I got great results and even better i feel amazing! If you don't know what a whole 30 is please please check it out at---- www.whole30.com ----To sum it up it is basically eating Super Super clean for 30 days straight to cleanse your body of all the toxins you eat on a regular basis.

Since i have completed it and my body is cleansed i am going to start a list of all the things i re-introduce back into my diet and whether my body reacts badly to it or not. The things that cause me inflammation i will no longer eat ever! I feel so blessed that i did a whole 30 because now i know what has been causing me inflammation after all these years!

Total pounds lost -- 13.1
Total inches -- 7.5

Whole30 Day 1 July 1, 2014
Weight-142.3
Arm- 11.75
Chest- 37
Waste- 29.5
Hips- 39.5
Thigh- 22.5
Calf- 13.75
Forearm- 9.75

Whole30 Day 30 July 30, 2014
Weight- 129.2
Arm- 11
Chest- 35
Waste- 27.5
Hips- 38
Thigh- 22
Calf- 13 .25
Forearm- 9.5

Replies

• lambie14
    lambie14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great work! Congratulations!

Couple of questions for you, as I'm hoping to start a "Whole 30" myself.
    What were some of your staple meals? How did you tackle carb/sugar cravings throughout, and social situation involving food?How tall are you, btw?

Anyway, amazing results! :smile:
  • AlyssamR6712
    Options
    Some of my go to meals were eggs and veggies, if i didn't have any food in the house i always had eggs and veggies so i would whip that up if need be. I am not really a sugar type of person normally, don't get me wrong i love sugar, but i have never had a problem with sugar cravings. In my head i knew i was doing a whole30 so i just stayed away from it, and if a craving got bad because my husband was eating something i wanted i would leave the room. Mind over matter! Social Situations were tough.. i had a banquet at work and all i ate was dry salad.. ya not too appetizing (and it wasnt) but i knew that was going to happen so i made sure i ate something before i went and then i ate a little when i got home. The salad was more of a place setter so that i didn't look akward without food in front of me when everyone else was eating. when the people at my table asked i just told them i was doing a whole30 and couldn't really eat what they were serving flat out, usually if your direct and don't dance around it people will be like okay and leave you alone about it. I am super short, i am 4'11".
  • Apix
    Apix Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Your results were very similar to what I had when I did Whole 30 in March. It completely changed my relationship with food! after a few "hangry" days, it really wasn't that bad. What do you plan to do now? Are you continuing to eat whole foods? Did you excersize as well, or just stick with the nutrition?
  • AlyssamR6712
    Options
    Now this is over i am watching very closely as i re-introduce foods back in and writing down the ones that don't sit well with me anymore, i am going to stick with a 80/20 paleo diet w/ 1 cheat meal a week :) so basically yes sticking with the whole foods with a little extra if my body allows

i did excercise alot, i am training for a half marathon in november so i would run 3-4 times a week and lift 2-3 times a week. (my usual is swapped but since im training i run more)
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I did this a couple of months ago. I made it 50 days instead of 30. I lost 18.3 pounds in those 50 days. Bare in mind I'd just binged for a few days before so I'm thinking it was more like 11 pounds. It changed my life. I now know that grains make me very boated, very quickly. It doesn't feel good at all! I stick very closely to this way of eating. They don't recommend too much fruit but to be honest, I eat a lot of fruit. I don't worry about the carbs because the fruit is full of fibre and (from my understanding) fruit is metabolized differently than other types of carbs. Plus, I get tons of fibre now...most of the time I get double the daily recommended amount of fibre. Just FYI, I'm very regular now whereas before I went MAYBE twice a week (if I was lucky).
  • johnmurphymfp
    johnmurphymfp Posts: 2,590 Member
    Options
    AWESOME, way to go. I've heard a little about the Whole30..... I need to try it... I need something to jump start my weight loss.
  • AlyssamR6712
    Options
    i ate lots and lots of fruit during my whole30 and i still had great results, i love fruit! even with eating alot of fruit my carb percentage was never too bad
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Great success!

I think it's actually fun to learn what foods your body responds postively and negatively to. A little self-experiment if you will. Great job!
  • AlyssamR6712
    Options
    Exactly! i love now knowing what foods by body has been reacting badly too and i didn't even know it!
  • Lanier30
    Options
    That's awesome -- Congrats on your success! I did a whole30 a year ago and it really opened my eyes to how much sugar was in different types of [non] whole foods!
  • AlyssamR6712
    Options
    I know!!! When i started it seemed like EVERYTHING had sugar in it!!! garlic powder... who puts sugar in that??? lol
  • kevlenniemac
    Options
    Well done, great results. I started Whole30 today. I ve been eating paleo since last September so hopefully it shouldn't be too hard. I hope I get similar results to you.
  • Kade6685
    Kade6685 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! I am preparing myself to start in next week - did you just get all your information online? or did you purchase the book?

I am also training for a half marathon in November - its in Disney and i am soooo excited!
  • luna323
    luna323 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I never heard of the whole30. I will definitely look it up. Your stats are amazing! Way to go!
  • AlyssamR6712
    Options
    Eating paleo is def very similar but i think with paleo you can have seasonings and stuff. you have to be careful because you wouln't even know half the stuff that has some kind of sugar! i was blown away by some things!
  • ltaylor9597
    Options
    What a great inspiration! I am on Day 18 of my first Whole 30 and am loving it so far! It has had its ups and downs in the beginning, but, already the health benefits have been amazing. I am sleeping better, I no longer struggle with IBS symptoms, pain in my knee from an old injury is gone.... Definitely a life changing experience!
  • AlyssamR6712
    Options
    That is amazing!!! congrats!!
  • aannsheetz
    Options
    Wow! Way to go on completing the Whole30! Those are some awesome results - You should be proud!!

It was so nice to see your post pop up on the forum because I completed my first whole30 on July 16th and hadn't really found a whole lot of other posts here about it. Have you ever checked out the whole30 forum on whole9? Good stuff there!

I started my second whole30 this past Monday after a 2 1/2 week break. I was able to lose 17 lbs. my first round, but more importantly I am so grateful for the way that I feel now! I remember it was 2 days before I finishd my 30 days and I hadn't even learned how much weight I had lost yet .. but I just started crying because I felt SOOOOOO happy!!! I always describe it to people who ask about it that it's as if my body is hugging me and thanking me from the inside because it is so grateful that I am FINALLY nourishing it the way that it has longed to be nourished.

I started Whole30 after I was diagnosed with autoimmune thyroiditis and a leaky gut. I go back for another round of blood work next month after I'll have completed my second whole30 and I'm really anxious to see if my blood results will back-up the amazing changes that I FEEL are taking place in my body.

Good luck and if you're ever up for doing another one, let me know!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    I know!!! When i started it seemed like EVERYTHING had sugar in it!!! garlic powder... who puts sugar in that??? lol

But if you ate a lot of fruit on the Whole30 isn't that a lot of sugar, too? Or, is that type ok on this plan? I've never heard of the Whole30, so I guess I'd need to research it first.
  • AlyssamR6712
    Options
    @BZAH10 if you go to their website it explains everything, it says you shouldn't eat too much fruit but i don't have problems with sugar so i hate a lot of it on my whole 30 (plus its summer and its in season!) but they said people who have sugar cravings and problems staying away/giving into sugar shouldn't eat tons only about 1-2 servings a day.

@aannsheetz that is awesome! i plan on doing another one soon!, please let me know how your appointment goes! they say whole30 works wonders on things like that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!