Joint Facebook Account w/ Your SO?

Options

Replies

• chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My wife and I don't do it, but many people don't place the significance on Facebook that others seem to. It doesn't "define" them, they don't really post much so they don't care. I know other people where one spouse will be into FB, but the other might just want to see family updates, etc so they will just log onto their spouse's page occasionally to read a story or view a photo album. I don't really see why either of these upset people so much.

My mom is really bad with technology so would sign up for email lists with my dad's email so he could help her with it. Now that he has passed away and mom is managing the email herself she is always forgetting her password, getting herself locked out etc. In fact I have to go by after work today because this happened. Again. So he never did FB but I could see if he did she might want to keep up with her grand kids but not have to maintain a page of her own.

There might be some that do it out of a transparency standpoint, but I'm guessing many do it just for convenience.

Now this makes total sense to me.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Facebook accounts are just like checking accounts. Each couple should have a joint account, and the man should control the password. My BF lets me post on facebook whenever he is there with me. If something comes up that I want to post while he is at work, I just write it down on the To-do list he leaves for me every morning, and we do it together when he gets home and finishes checking the list to make sure I finishsed everything.
    ^^^ Doing it right.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Facebook accounts are just like checking accounts. Each couple should have a joint account, and the man should control the password. My BF lets me post on facebook whenever he is there with me. If something comes up that I want to post while he is at work, I just write it down on the To-do list he leaves for me every morning, and we do it together when he gets home and finishes checking the list to make sure I finishsed everything.

FilionWaitWhat.gif
  • marchellaz
    marchellaz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I like it. I am single but have been cheated on by guys chatting with exes on facebook. Id prefer it or perhaps prefer being with a trustworthy decent guy. Oh and I have been hit up on facebook by married men a lot too. Soo yea..id do it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I like it. I am single but have been cheated on by guys chatting with exes on facebook. Id prefer it or perhaps prefer being with a trustworthy decent guy. Oh and I have been hit up on facebook by married men a lot too. Soo yea..id do it.
    You should not be in a relationship.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

I like you.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I cringe when I see it.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

nod-of-approval.gif
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

FilionWaitWhat.gif
    +1 for this reaction lol.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    it is weird, but not nearly as weird as making a fb account for a newborn IMO, which i have seen

and dogs!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Aim for being with a decent guy.
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Just curious but why does it make people "stabbity" or cringe by seeing folks with joint accounts? Does it affect your life somehow?

From seeing this for myself via friends....the people that it normally bothers are the people who would have/have had inappropriate conversations with one of the joint-accounter participants...and now they no longer can. Via facebook anyway.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Just curious but why does it make people "stabbity" or cringe by seeing folks with joint accounts? Does it affect your life somehow?

From seeing this for myself via friends....the people that it normally bothers are the people who would have/have had inappropriate conversations with one of the joint-accounter participants...and now they no longer can. Via facebook anyway.
    The suggestion here is that all of us who "cringe" have inappropriate conversations?:laugh:
  • melissafaith24
    Options

The suggestion here is that all of us who "cringe" have inappropriate conversations?:laugh:

Alot, not all. The main question was why does it make you cringe if its not YOUR joint account?
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    it is weird, but not nearly as weird as making a fb account for a newborn IMO, which i have seen

My dog has his own FB...that's weird? :cry:

Also, unless you're like 80...joint FB accounts are odd.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Alot, not all. The main question was why does it make you cringe if its not YOUR joint account?
    :laugh: And why does it upset YOU so that we dislike them?

For me, in some cases, I don't KNOW the wife, or husband. I'm not friends with them as a couple, I'm friends with individuals. It's just not something that interests me, and I wouldn't want a joint account with my husband. We are separate people.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I make fun of my brother and sister in law behind their backs for this all the time.

I do it to people's face's.

You are a couple- not joined at the hip twins.

It's weird.

It gets weirder after you break up.

What bothers me about it is it says something about you're social life- you don't have one that's separate. You think what you do is always a WE thing- and to me it's exceptionally important to maintain some of your life as your "casual dating" or "single" you. Girl dates-- guy talk etc etc- if you only have a joint account- you're taking that away. It says a LOT about a couple how is inseparable. (and I don't mean that in a good way)
  • melissafaith24
    Options

For me, in some cases, I don't KNOW the wife, or husband. I'm not friends with them as a couple, I'm friends with individuals. It's just not something that interests me, and I wouldn't want a joint account with my husband. We are separate people.

doesnt upset me in the least. i was just curious and stated that. theres thinking its odd and then theres people who seem to be anti. just a curious mind asking. carry on.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

doesnt upset me in the least. i was just curious and stated that. theres thinking its odd and then theres people who seem to be anti. just a curious mind asking. carry on.
    A curious mind who blithely suggested we're all perverts lol.