What's Your NSV Today?

Options
gelica_15
gelica_15 Posts: 12 Member
Today I had THE BEST NSV: After nine and a half weeks of serious training- I scored an 85 on my Air Force Fitness Test!!! I needed a 75 minimum to pass, and I did! I ran 1.5 miles in 14:49, did 55 sit-ups in one minute (I maxed them out for my age group, btw), 34 push-ups in one minute, and waist taped at 34 inches (I lost over 5 inches total)!!!!!!!! All that focused training has really paid off today. Now I can't wait for the next one in six months... I'm going to kill it! :-) It's re-invigorating and rewarding. I am even more determined to continue my fitness journey and take care of my health. Sooooo...what NSV did you have today?

Replies

• Brenda_1129
    Brenda_1129 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    WOOHOOOO!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on passing. I know you must be feeling fabulous right now! I am working towards my next pt test in October. As for the NSV, I made it through the day without snacking on anything unhealthy.
  • rubbersoul84
    rubbersoul84 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was on a cruise for a week. Today I got on the scale and I actually lost a pound. If you know how much food is available on a ship, you'll totally get my excitement!
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I was on a cruise for a week. Today I got on the scale and I actually lost a pound. If you know how much food is available on a ship, you'll totally get my excitement!
    Last week I went out of town with a friend for some "girls" only fun, it seemed like I ate a ton but when I got back and weighed myself I was the same weight as when I left! I guess the good habits I've formed really are becoming habits. Also bought new underwear in a smaller size, the old ones were falling off!:blushing:
  • tigermountain
    Options
    34 push-ups in one minute

Damn girl, that is crazy impressive! I think I can do... 5? Maybe? You should be very proud of yourself!

My NSV for today is that I bought 3 chocolate bars as a thank you gift for a coworker and didn't decide to just have one of the the 3 for myself. Yay self control!
  • smac20
    smac20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is amazing, you must be so proud of yourself.

Today my NSV was beating my best 5k time by 2 minutes.
  • jellybeansmamma
    jellybeansmamma Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I nearly made it through the second circuit of my beginners body weight circuit today! I have only ever managed doing the first circuit before :smile:
  • GeorgiaDawne
    GeorgiaDawne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I redid my MFP goals, and my allowable calories were reduced because of my weight loss! It's real!
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I found an old pair of jeans that I haven't worn for at least two years. They fit!
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    1034 cal on tread mill in 55 min....236 ilbs....first 3.1 miles at 6.2 mph...
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    To OP: Wow, you're a machine! I've never been able to do a single push-up in my life...not even at my fittest as a teen! I have zero upper body strength...I sucked in gym LOL Well done you and massive congrats!

As for my NSV today...I put on a shirt that I used to practically live in...and it came halfway down to my thighs, looking more like a dress...and the shoulders kept slipping off me :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!