Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's Your NSV Today?

gelica_15
gelica_15 Posts: 12 Member
Today I had THE BEST NSV: After nine and a half weeks of serious training- I scored an 85 on my Air Force Fitness Test!!! I needed a 75 minimum to pass, and I did! I ran 1.5 miles in 14:49, did 55 sit-ups in one minute (I maxed them out for my age group, btw), 34 push-ups in one minute, and waist taped at 34 inches (I lost over 5 inches total)!!!!!!!! All that focused training has really paid off today. Now I can't wait for the next one in six months... I'm going to kill it! :-) It's re-invigorating and rewarding. I am even more determined to continue my fitness journey and take care of my health. Sooooo...what NSV did you have today?

Replies

• Brenda_1129
    Brenda_1129 Posts: 56 Member
    WOOHOOOO!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on passing. I know you must be feeling fabulous right now! I am working towards my next pt test in October. As for the NSV, I made it through the day without snacking on anything unhealthy.
  • rubbersoul84
    rubbersoul84 Posts: 23 Member
    I was on a cruise for a week. Today I got on the scale and I actually lost a pound. If you know how much food is available on a ship, you'll totally get my excitement!
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    I was on a cruise for a week. Today I got on the scale and I actually lost a pound. If you know how much food is available on a ship, you'll totally get my excitement!
    Last week I went out of town with a friend for some "girls" only fun, it seemed like I ate a ton but when I got back and weighed myself I was the same weight as when I left! I guess the good habits I've formed really are becoming habits. Also bought new underwear in a smaller size, the old ones were falling off!:blushing:
  • 34 push-ups in one minute

Damn girl, that is crazy impressive! I think I can do... 5? Maybe? You should be very proud of yourself!

My NSV for today is that I bought 3 chocolate bars as a thank you gift for a coworker and didn't decide to just have one of the the 3 for myself. Yay self control!
  • smac20
    smac20 Posts: 6 Member
    WOW! That is amazing, you must be so proud of yourself.

Today my NSV was beating my best 5k time by 2 minutes.
  • jellybeansmamma
    jellybeansmamma Posts: 122 Member
    I nearly made it through the second circuit of my beginners body weight circuit today! I have only ever managed doing the first circuit before :smile:
  • GeorgiaDawne
    GeorgiaDawne Posts: 1 Member
    I redid my MFP goals, and my allowable calories were reduced because of my weight loss! It's real!
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    I found an old pair of jeans that I haven't worn for at least two years. They fit!
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    1034 cal on tread mill in 55 min....236 ilbs....first 3.1 miles at 6.2 mph...
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    To OP: Wow, you're a machine! I've never been able to do a single push-up in my life...not even at my fittest as a teen! I have zero upper body strength...I sucked in gym LOL Well done you and massive congrats!

As for my NSV today...I put on a shirt that I used to practically live in...and it came halfway down to my thighs, looking more like a dress...and the shoulders kept slipping off me :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!