Friday NSV - Post yours below

Options

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    TMI but i now have to pull down and use the "rim" lid when going to the bathroom. First time i have had to use one in 14-15 years. Big NSV considering less than a year ago i could not even reach back there to wipe
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Getting tired of people b*tching at me about eating healthy - "You're in shape, have a couple slices of pizza! Jesus!" etc etc. They don't understand that it requires constant vigilance & carefully planned indulgences to stay in shape at my age (45).

So. this morning I bought a dozen chocolate donuts & put them in the break room - anonymously.

Getting some evil joy out of watching them disappear while I eat my egg white omelet....I do consider that an NSV!

That's terrible..but really funny.
  • Icoza87
    Icoza87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I made it to the gym 12 times this month, thus qualifying for the $20 discount through my insurance for the first time ever!
  • Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm able to wear leggings without feeling ashamed! Although the number on the scale has stayed the same, I also have a bit of definition in my abdomen as well as a slimmer appearance! So happy!
  • Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I had my first bacon and egg sandwich for 5 months, today at 9.30. I was so full I couldn't eat lunch. I used to have one every Friday and always used to find room before! ( and yes, it's logged :happy: )
  • 2dare2dream
    2dare2dream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Getting tired of people b*tching at me about eating healthy - "You're in shape, have a couple slices of pizza! Jesus!" etc etc. They don't understand that it requires constant vigilance & carefully planned indulgences to stay in shape at my age (45).

So. this morning I bought a dozen chocolate donuts & put them in the break room - anonymously.

Getting some evil joy out of watching them disappear while I eat my egg white omelet....I do consider that an NSV!

this is just tooo funny and dont you love the taste of sweet revenge lol
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Oh and how could I forget that I have come off blood pressure and diabetic medications!!!! :):):):bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I had my first bacon and egg sandwich for 5 months, today at 9.30. I was so full I couldn't eat lunch. I used to have one every Friday and always used to find room before! ( and yes, it's logged :happy: )

Congrats!

That actually sounds delicious right now. Unfortunately, I have no bacon at my house :(
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Reading these make me so happy! It's not just about the number on the scale! It's about seeing results by making good choices. It's about gaining self confidence and being a happier healthier YOU!

Mine: I did 4 pushups the day before yesterday! Unmodified, sucky, regular, buy pushups. Didn't quite get my chest to the floor on the last 2, but it was close. Huge victory for me!
  • jeannelabanane
    jeannelabanane Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law and a coworker both noticed that I lost weight this week. :)

My mother-in-law is really proud of me - which I'm happy about, because we get along well and she really takes care of herself. Great role-model.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Went shopping yesterday and all the clothes I tried on in my usual size either fit or were too big. Bought pants and a dress a size smaller than usual.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Reading these make me so happy! It's not just about the number on the scale! It's about seeing results by making good choices. It's about gaining self confidence and being a happier healthier YOU!

Mine: I did 4 pushups the day before yesterday! Unmodified, sucky, regular, buy pushups. Didn't quite get my chest to the floor on the last 2, but it was close. Huge victory for me!

BADASS.

The bike ride I took today used to take me 45 minutes to complete, but today it was only 30. Time to map out some longer routes!
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Two NSVs this week:

1) My trainer noticed that my body has changed. We measured, and I've lost 3 cm around the hips since the beginning of the summer.

2) I went on a complete food binge last night (wine, pizza, candy - call it a cheat day or whatever) and miraculously didn't gain any weight!
  • johnprimeaux
    johnprimeaux Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have gone off BP meds and Diab. meds for the past few weeks and monitoring the results have been so encouraging. I work two jobs and worked a lot longer than usual last night delivering pizzas (my kryptonite) and didn't gain but 0.8 pounds. However, I was concerned that my glucose level was elevated this morning. No worries, I'll just work that off tonight after another late night delivering pizzas.

In the end, if I get to my goal weight, not matter how long (1/2 done in less than a month), it will be all worth it.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I love reading these! It is quickly becoming the favorite part of my work day on Friday. :)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Great job on the NSVs everyone.

Today I have on my "goal jeans" - size 8 skinny jeans from the junior department and my boy cut size 8 jeans are getting loose.

ETA: I forgot I also passed my July running challenge commitment miles by almost 30 miles
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I worked out yesterday even though I was still a little sore and didn't want to. (It was raining....usually go walking, but instead did 30DS). And today I measured ^_^ Haven't lost a whole lot, but I'm slowly coming learning that it's ok. As long as I don't go in reverse!

Edited because I forgot to say: GRATS TO EVERYONE ON THEIR NSV'S! =D
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've been a treadmill runner for quite a while and have only very recently (say, maybe in the last 1 1/2 to 2 months) ventured outside.

Well, today I did my first 10K ever! Outside!
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my husband came running with me! That is a HUGE NSV for me. He's seen what all of my exercise has done for me, and he's jumping on the bandwagon, too.
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Went down a jeans size, and the wife heartily approves.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!