Nothing works!

Options

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    What more could anyone possibly tell you?

If you're weighing your solids, measuring your liquids (which the weighing you won't do) and you're not losing weight. You've supposedly done everything you possibly can, you can you either:

1. need to see a doctor, as thermodynamics works, it just may be difficult for those with medical issues

2. Go back to Never land
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Oh good grief. So many people without helpful advice.

I did take the advice into consideration. I also made a doctor's appointment for more blood work and go from there.

I don't cheat on weekends. lol. My husband can attest to that as I won't eat out often and I cook every day from ingredients, not processed foods.

I am trying to figure out why it's not working...not have a bunch of people tell me I'm an idiot for not doing exactly what they do, or not taking their advice as golden.

I'm just frustrated. Going to tweak some things and keep measuring and weighing foods. If I wanted sunshine blown up my *kitten* i'd just have talked to my friends.

Thank you to those who have PM'd me with constructive criticism and help :) I will try your suggestions.

Before you go where did you buy those non over eating plates and perfect measuring cups that don't allow over filling ... And can you explain how they work to me

They are similar to this...and I don't fill them over the line. lol.

mesu-portion-control-bowl.jpg

So if I can fit it in those cups and not go over the line it's fair game? You've never seen me pack
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

I did take the advice into consideration. I also made a doctor's appointment for more blood work and go from there.

I don't cheat on weekends. lol. My husband can attest to that as I won't eat out often and I cook every day from ingredients, not processed foods.

I am trying to figure out why it's not working...not have a bunch of people tell me I'm an idiot for not doing exactly what they do, or not taking their advice as golden.

I'm just frustrated. Going to tweak some things and keep measuring and weighing foods. If I wanted sunshine blown up my *kitten* i'd just have talked to my friends.

Thank you to those who have PM'd me with constructive criticism and help :) I will try your suggestions.

Who called you an idiot? I saw nothing but constructive advice, and then hilarity ensued when you started pouting. The only thing you were receptive to was the Shakeology nonsense. Was that what you wanted to hear?

I am not pouting lol! But it's as if none of you have experienced any frustration with weight loss and you have all the answers. My doctor a year ago said to eat 1600 calories a day so I did....to lose weight, she said. I gained a ton! I have read the advice here and am taking it all into consideration. But I already do the things people are saying I should do.

Hey, been there, done that. Granted I only needed to lose 26ish lbs for my goal, but it was frustrating at times too, and I did a lot of wrong, dumb, and unnecessary things that a lot a of the folks around here try to educate people on day in, day out. I think if you go back and objectively read the posts, you might be able to see where you came off as avoidant to the issue of weighing your food (even if unintentional) to one of the best advice-givers around here.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options

Who called you an idiot? I saw nothing but constructive advice, and then hilarity ensued when you started pouting. The only thing you were receptive to was the Shakeology nonsense. Was that what you wanted to hear?

I am not pouting lol! But it's as if none of you have experienced any frustration with weight loss and you have all the answers. My doctor a year ago said to eat 1600 calories a day so I did....to lose weight, she said. I gained a ton! I have read the advice here and am taking it all into consideration. But I already do the things people are saying I should do.

The people who gave you suggestions have likely experienced the same frustrations you are experiencing now. The suggestions they give you are what works. When your weightloss efforts aren't working, something needs to change. A very common mistake is innacurately counting calories, so you should check that. If you are 100% positive that you are completely accurate on your calorie logging, then look at the other suggestions, such as making sure you calorie goal is correct for weight loss.

Something just doesn't add up. Your body cannot make magical energy, so if it needs more energy than you are giving it, you will lose weight. That leaves 3 possibilities. You are eating more than you think, your daily calorie goal is wrong, or your body has a medical condition that causes it to use unusually low amounts of energy.

And that's my frustration. Something doesn't add up. I'm hoping my next doctor's visit gives me something but it was all "fine" the last time. My parents both had thyroid issues but mine is normal. I know that when I cut gluten out of my diet, I didn't lose weight but lost a TON of bloat. I'm thinking the same would happen if I cut dairy because as much as I love yogurt, it bloats me.

Today I will make sure to be super diligent about things as I already am, but really chart it to see if it's my methods or something more. It drives my family crazy. My husband says I don't need to lose weight and I should stop obsessing as I do, but it's for me, not him.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

No, you don't. And you've said so over and over and over. Weigh everything that can be weighed. It doesn't matter how accurate you think your measuring spoons/cups are. If you watched the video of the "you're eating more than you think," you'd see that. But you keep talking about your measuring cups, as if they are the end-all, be-all of accurate logging. And they aren't. It's great that that worked for you previously. Heck, I was the same way back when I was losing weight. But, since it's not working NOW, change that one simple thing.
  • That_Girl
    Options

Before you go where did you buy those non over eating plates and perfect measuring cups that don't allow over filling ... And can you explain how they work to me

So if I can fit it in those cups and not go over the line it's fair game? You've never seen me pack

LOL it's not like packing brown sugar. But yea, I see what you're saying. I don't pack. I just scoop.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

The people who gave you suggestions have likely experienced the same frustrations you are experiencing now. The suggestions they give you are what works. When your weightloss efforts aren't working, something needs to change. A very common mistake is innacurately counting calories, so you should check that. If you are 100% positive that you are completely accurate on your calorie logging, then look at the other suggestions, such as making sure you calorie goal is correct for weight loss.

Something just doesn't add up. Your body cannot make magical energy, so if it needs more energy than you are giving it, you will lose weight. That leaves 3 possibilities. You are eating more than you think, your daily calorie goal is wrong, or your body has a medical condition that causes it to use unusually low amounts of energy.

This...We've all experienced frustration during this journey. Who hasn't? But if it's not working like it used to then as the above poster said that leaves 3 possibilities...(bolded)

Anytime we suggested you take a good look at your logging or asked you to open your diary you just said your logging was perfect and left it at that.

There are people here who have been where you are, I'm one of them, but we can't help if someone doesn't want to hear it. Which is exactly how you've been coming across. NONE of us called you an idiot and no one here thinks you have to do it exactly like us. Dianne posted a TON of amazing links for you to check out, have you looked into those? Or the you're eating more than you think link? You may think you're not eating more than you say, but you probably are. But even if you read it and still think that you're doing it perfectly, there'll be something in those links that will help.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

LOL it's not like packing brown sugar. But yea, I see what you're saying. I don't pack. I just scoop.

If I cut my strawberries really small, I can fit more in them
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

This...We've all experienced frustration during this journey. Who hasn't? But if it's not working like it used to then as the above poster said that leaves 3 possibilities...(bolded)

Anytime we suggested you take a good look at your logging or asked you to open your diary you just said your logging was perfect and left it at that.

There are people here who have been where you are, I'm one of them, but we can't help if someone doesn't want to hear it. Which is exactly how you've been coming across. NONE of us called you an idiot and no one here thinks you have to do it exactly like us. Dianne posted a TON of amazing links for you to check out, have you looked into those? Or the you're eating more than you think link? You may think you're not eating more than you say, but you probably are. But even if you read it and still think that you're doing it perfectly, there'll be something in those links that will help.
    no kidding, and the folks taking the time to respond have lost hundreds of pounds collectively.

OP assumes that she's special because none of us have ever been frustrated.

the difference is that some of us choose to listen to advice when we ask for it.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Look, I get that you're frustrated. I've been there in my own journey. But no one here has called you an idiot. And when you choose to put words into the mouths of those helping you or leave blanket insinuations in your OP it doesn't make it any easier to give you advice.

People have been asking for more information and leaving you as much advice as they can based on what you're telling us, but the information you've given us has come out in drips and drabs. You've ignored questions that people have asked and withheld details throughout this thread. All that we can do is give you the blanket advice that worked for us. Anything more specific would require specificity from you.
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options

And that's my frustration. Something doesn't add up. I'm hoping my next doctor's visit gives me something but it was all "fine" the last time. My parents both had thyroid issues but mine is normal. I know that when I cut gluten out of my diet, I didn't lose weight but lost a TON of bloat. I'm thinking the same would happen if I cut dairy because as much as I love yogurt, it bloats me.

Today I will make sure to be super diligent about things as I already am, but really chart it to see if it's my methods or something more. It drives my family crazy. My husband says I don't need to lose weight and I should stop obsessing as I do, but it's for me, not him.

I think thats a good idea. Just be crazy super nazi strict about weighing every single thing, and finding the right entries in the MFP database. Do it for a couple weeks. If you still see zero results, then try lowering your calorie intake by 100-200 calories a day (hopefully assuming you aren't already at a very low calorie intake). Just keep it up until you start to see results, then stay at the point. Its science, it has to work.
  • That_Girl
    Options
    Thank you all :)
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Okay, you had a tumor removed and an ovary. Glad you made a doctor's appt. Again, you can PM if you'd like to hear my own personal situation with female medical issues. Your missing ovary very well may be the key here. And if you can make a doctor's appointment directly with and endocrinologist, I recommend bypassing the family doctor for hormone evaluation. In my experience, if it's in range, "it's fine".
  • That_Girl
    Options

I think thats a good idea. Just be crazy super nazi strict about weighing every single thing, and finding the right entries in the MFP database. Do it for a couple weeks. If you still see zero results, then try lowering your calorie intake by 100-200 calories a day (hopefully assuming you aren't already at a very low calorie intake). Just keep it up until you start to see results, then stay at the point. Its science, it has to work.

I believe in the science of it all. That's what helped me a couple years ago.

I am at 1230 calories a day now. We'll see how that goes. I had been at 1400 for about 5 months and nothing was happening.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I've been where your at and received the same advice and became really annoyed with the answers (under an old account.) Because it's frustrating as crap when you feel like you're doing everything possible to lose weight and more people treat you like you don't know what you're doing.

The truth, for me, was that everything they said was right.

I would measure out big things like chicken, potatoes and veggies, but then I would just eyeball and guess on things like olive oil, peanut butter, and avocados-- and that was what was really doing me in because all of those are really high in calories. Just one extra tablespoon of olive oil is like 90 calories more. Salmon is really high in calories, and just 1 ounce off is like 50 calories. All those tiny things add up. I calculated that I was eating about 500 extra calories a day-- and to look at what I was eating, it didn't look like much.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

no kidding, and the folks taking the time to respond have lost hundreds of pounds collectively.

OP assumes that she's special because none of us have ever been frustrated.

the difference is that some of us choose to listen to advice when we ask for it.

Yep.....I been at this weight loss for 2 1/2 yrs now and had tons of frustrations through this weight loss!!! Even now with 4 pounds to go it's been frustrating, :laugh:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Have you figured out your TDEE? Or looked into that? I do TDEE-15%, the closer to goal you are the less the %.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Yes, I know you're not new here, but that thread has some great advice.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I believe in the science of it all. That's what helped me a couple years ago.

I am at 1230 calories a day now. We'll see how that goes. I had been at 1400 for about 5 months and nothing was happening.

OP didn't leave forever!! Yay!

Hey That_Girl, do you own a digital scale? It is your BEST friend. I weigh everything.
  • tern73
    tern73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    After all of this....

Please start weighing all of your food using a food scale. Only use measuring cups/spoons for liquids. If you are not doing this, you are not tracking accurately.
  • That_Girl
    Options
    Okay, you had a tumor removed and an ovary. Glad you made a doctor's appt. Again, you can PM if you'd like to hear my own personal situation with female medical issues. Your missing ovary very well may be the key here. And if you can make a doctor's appointment directly with and endocrinologist, I recommend bypassing the family doctor for hormone evaluation. In my experience, if it's in range, "it's fine".

Yes. I get so frustrated with my endometriosis specialist telling me if's "fine" when I easily gain about 8 pounds during my TOM. Over 2 days I go up about 6-8 pounds...and I think, for a while, I was so happy not to have 24/7 chronic pain in that area that I overlooked the fact that my body stopped losing weight. Now it's just frustrating. I mean, I'm glad I'm still here to be frustrated, but yea.