What time do you work out?

Options

Replies

• megacoco
    megacoco Posts: 32
    Options
    I used to get up around 5, bus to university and be to the gym by 6:30, work out and shower and be ready for class at 8:30.

Now I roll out of bed with just enough time to get ready for work. Sometimes I get out on my bike after work but homework, cleaning, and other excuses usually win.

I need to either suck it up and get out of bed, or suck it up and go to the gym after work!
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person. I usually workout in the late afternoons or at night. If I had to do mornings I'd definitely end up exercising at a lower intensity.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    5 a.m -ish
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Between 11pm and 1 am ..i do mine at work cos theres naff all else to do .. lol
    i rest on my days off
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    It varies. Tuesdays and Thursdays I do boxing classes from 6.30pm - 8.30pm.
    Saturday I have a boxing class at 11am then workout at another gym 12pm - 1pm.

Other days it is usually cycling or gym workouts and generally between 12pm and 3pm.
    I am not a morning person unless I have to be.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I run at 5:30 am and lift at 4:00 pm. I keep motivated by doing an exercise that I enjoy. There is no way I could get up at 5:15 to run at 5:30 if I hated it.
  • afrancoiii
    Options
    Lonewolfrunner is right on. Put your alarm where you have to get up.
  • FrancescaWebb
    FrancescaWebb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I work out on my lunch break. its the only time i will actually do it and be consistent. i'm too tired before and after work. we have a locker room with showers here so that makes it a bit easier.

weekends i generally work out around the same time (noon) because i have the sleeping schedule of a teenager.
  • BuildaBetterBody4
    Options
    I used to workout in the afternoon. Now it varies depending upon the classes I want to participate in at the gym.
  • Censor76
    Censor76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Night time, usually around 7 on weekdays. I wake up early as it is and can't seem to get myself out of bed. I'm not a night person by any stretch but it's better than not working out at all. Weekends, within 2 hours of waking up.
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I like to workout in the evening during the week but it vary on the weekend
  • mmd575
    mmd575 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I do my workouts at lunch (walking mostly) around 11 AM or 12 PM (depends on the weather and my schedule) and I also do a short walk after dinner (around 7 PM) to wind myself down before going to bed. I am working on doing weight lifting in the AM if I can but I am having a hard time getting out of bed in the mornings!
  • oinkerjnn
    oinkerjnn Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Lift days I usually do on my lunch break. Eat lunch, work out, take a shower, then back to work.

Cardio days, I do outside generally, so if I can control it I do it early in the morning. I play league tennis in the evenings and I damn sure count that as cardio, though the current league is the same night I work with my trainer midday. Wednesdays are a doozy.
  • Hotpinkshoelaces
    Hotpinkshoelaces Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm usually up around 6:20AM and out the door around 6:45-7:00AM to do my morning run. I'm a SAHM, so the morning is really the only time that I'm able to get my workout in since my husband goes in the evenings after work.

The way I feel after I run keeps me motivated. Just that feeling of knocking down the miles and clearing my mind is the best way to start my day and reset from the previous day's challenges. The fact that my body is shaping up is the cherry on top.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I wasn't gonna respond because I don't ever "work out" I don't even know what that is really...I picture a gym and complicated equipment and nope...haha.

Monday-Friday I usually go for walks in the evening after dinner. This could be anything from a 20 minute walk around the neighborhood to a 90 minute trek to my city's downtown (round trip).

Saturdays we are usually VERY active all day long, or from 10-5 at least...hiking, walking, and/or sight seeing if we're on a road trip (which is at least 1-2 Saturdays per month). Even if we're being "lazy" on a Saturday though we're usually walking to some yard sales, shopping, deep cleaning the house, cooking, organizing, etc. Our TV doesn't come on. Our sofa doesn't get butt prints on it until maybe 10 pm if that.

Sunday is often a lazy day. A few short walks may be involved, maybe not. Walking to the supermarket is a quick 30 min round trip. When the weather's super nice (about 6 months of the year for us) we will bike a few miles on a gravel trail.

I never exercise at all in the early morning, especially not on work days. I wake up early for a reason but that is to maintain my sanity & happiness by taking a luxurious hour bath and cooking and enjoying breakfast.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Morning definitely. No distractions, nothing to do but the task at hand, no cut in family time, more done by 7:00 AM than most people do all day.
  • ScorpDX
    ScorpDX Posts: 93
    Options
    I do mine around 5-6p which is my "morning" working nights. Helps me feel refreshed and really ready for a new day. Working out in the morning after work makes me stay awake until noon so I gave that up.
  • salsxa
    salsxa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am a shift worker so it varies.
    If I am on a morning shift I am up at 0430 to do my hour workout
    If on an afternoon shift in get up and do it about 0930 for an hour.

Even though I get tired sometimes there is nothing worse than sitting at work all day thinking about how I have to workout when I get home.
    Just get up and get it done, love the buzz I have for the rest of the day
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Well, I do it at about 7:00 pm. But I work a graveyard shift and that IS my morning. I prefer to do it right when I wake up. But on the weekends… Saturdays I usually do it about 7:00 am because I am just getting off work for the week, and that's when my energy level is highest on that day. Besides, I want to get it out of the way, so I can proceed to spend the rest of the day how I want. Sundays it usually happens about 2:30 in the afternoon. Mondays is about 11 am.

In a nutshell… i just fit it in when it's most convenient for me. The fact that I'm doing it is way more important to me.
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I run in the mornings - usually around 05:15 for between 3-5 miles on work days, or later (07:00ish) on days off for long runs around the 10 mile mark. I find it really hard to run in the afternoon/evening but this may change once the weather starts to cool down.

I was also lifting in early mornings, alternating with running days but I've slacked off the weights a bit in the last couple of weeks and I'm going to try lifting after work now when I've got a bit more time to spare.