Favorite type of greek yogurt?

Options
I'm on the hunt for good greek yogurt. I really prefer the taste of Dannon Oikos but it's so loaded with sugar. I've tried Fage several times, and I can't get myself to like it enough to actually eat it regularly. I've bailed on Chobani after all the recall and legal issues.

What's your fav? What's the nutrition?

I found this Friendly Farms Greek 0% fat vanilla at Aldi. I'm trying it now and it's pretty decent. 160 calories, 0 fat, 20g carbs, 16g sugar, and 20g protein.

Thoughts?

Replies

• shands1
    shands1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1 (170g) container of 0% fage and (21g) a serving of honey is 160 cals. 0 fat 24 carbs 18 protein
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Purchase a Donvier yogurt sieve and strain your own yogurt. That is my favorite
  • rachelilly
    Options

My husband is deployed and I have 2 little boys. If it's not something I can't just pull out of the fridge, it's not going to happen lol.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Fage plain full fat... 190 calories, I think 18g of protein and 10g fat
  • lookpregbutnot
    lookpregbutnot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't care about the recall, I LOVE chiobini with pineapple. It's all I buy.

And thank you to your hubby for what he does....I appreciate our military and the sacrifices their families make :)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    For flavour? Olympic Dairy Krema. But it's not low-cal by any stretch of the imagination. Just natural ingredients.

Krema Non Organic Vanilla

DETAILS:

Serving Size: 175 g
    Calories Per Serving: 290

Fat (g): 17

-Sat. Fat (g): 11

+Trans. Fat (g): 0.5

Cholesterol (mg): 55

Sodium (mg): 115

Carbohydrate (g): 26

Fiber (g): 0

Sugar (g): 21

Protein (g): 8

INGREDIENTS:
    Milk, cream, skim milk powder, cane sugar, natural vanilla flavour, active bacterial culture.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I get Dannon Light and Fit Greek - my favorite is toasted coconut vanilla.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 container (150 g)
    Per Serving % Daily Value*

Calories 80

Calories from Fat 0

Total Fat 0g 0%

Saturated Fat 0g 0%

Cholesterol 10mg 3%

Sodium 50mg 2%

Potassium 139.95mg 4%

Carbohydrates 9g 3%

Sugars 7g

Protein 12g
    Vitamin A 0% · Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 15% · Iron 0%
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    The Liberte Greek yogurt... haven't tried one I didn't like
  • Dawn5202
    Dawn5202 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yoplait Greek 100 - May favoriates are the lemon, key lime pie, and mixed berry. They are all 100 calories and have approx 10 grams of protein. They are sweetened with Splenda (sucralose). I love them and so does my 11 year old daughter. They have the stats of just about all the flavors in the food database here.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Yoplait Greek 100 - May favoriates are the lemon, key lime pie, and mixed berry. They are all 100 calories and have approx 10 grams of protein. They are sweetened with Splenda (sucralose). I love them and so does my 11 year old daughter. They have the stats of just about all the flavors in the food database here.

These are the best or at least taste the best. I love the Apple Pie and Blackberry Tart flavors but they are hard to find. Once in a while I get on an organic kick and will eat Stoneyfield greek yogurt. It doesn't have any artificial sweetener and I can tolerate the taste where as other greek yogurts are so bitter.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options

My husband is deployed and I have 2 little boys. If it's not something I can't just pull out of the fridge, it's not going to happen lol.
    $17 on amazon. Open quart of your favorite yogurt, dump in, lay cover on top. 30 min later strained yogurt. You can serve it from that container. Stays fresh 1 week.. Thank you for your sacrifice and your husband's service.
  • aprilricks86
    aprilricks86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I LOVEEEEE greek yogurt and it is one of my top 5 favorite foods. I really love Fage, especially the individual sized ones with honey or cherries (ok, cherry pie filling) on the side but costco's kirkland brand is cheaper, so I buy that. I love kirkland's too. It is slightly tangy, thick, and just yum. There is a brand called greek gods and it's sold at walmart and it is delicious as well, but if you're looking for lower carb options probably not the best option. Honey vanilla and strawberry are amazing. I have only have the full fat versions and don't know if they sell any fat free / lower fat kinds.

... oh and liberte!! they have interesting flavors too, like plum walnut
  • Abby_C2014
    Abby_C2014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    CHOBANI!!!!!!!! I love the pineapple ones :D
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I agree that a yogurt strainer is awesome, you can save a TON of money in the long run straining regular yogurt, a super fine mesh strainer over a bowl works too though (like 9 bucks at walmart)
    However I don't eat yogurt anymore, when I did I used to buy chobani. However they are full of GMO ingredients and recently recalled so yeah...
  • sabineliebling
    Options

Me too. I don't eat low or nonfat dairy. Fat tastes good, and I don't believe it's bad for you. I cut calories in other ways.
  • erinewert
    erinewert Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Greek gods does have a low fat option! I am in love with the orange vanilla honey flavor!
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options

This ...
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I use Fage, but only in my daily smoothie, to get a little extra protein
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no help. I switched from fat-free plain Fage to 2% plain Fage. I don't eat pre-sweetened yogurt, I just dump about 200grams of fruit into it and sometimes vanilla or chocolate protein powder.
  • zoodocgirl
    zoodocgirl Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't dislike Fage but man, $$$.

I hated Greek Gods - it was somehow grainy and soupy at the same time.

My go-to is Trader Joes 2% Greek but sometimes I'll also get some random brand I can't pronounce from the Middle Eastern/ethnic market because it's the creamiest and the cheapest.... but it comes in a HUGE tub and I often can't get through it all.

I agree with others - I don't buy the pre-sweetened/flavored, partially because sugar but also because I like to have the yogurt available to use in savory applications as well (sauces, beaten into scrambled eggs, dips, etc.). I add my own maple syrup or raw honey, nuts/seeds and berries to flavor it..... or stir in 1 Tbsp of peanut butter. YUMMMMM.