Favorite type of greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• kherrons
    kherrons Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Stonyfield organic greek yogurt. So delicious! Protein is pretty set around 12g, sugars vary from 12-17g I think. I love the caramel when I'm having a sweet tooth for something decadent. Pretty much any yogurt with "fruit" is going to have a decent amount of sugar. If you're really wanting to avoid that, get some plain and add a tablespoon of honey or your own fruit.
  • throwingmuses22
    Options
    I really love Maia yogurt. It's a Greek yogurt that's delicious, with much less sugar than other yogurts I found (they only add in, like 2g of cane sugar & no fake sweetners). Plus probiotics, and fiber. My fave is blueberry and vanilla bean.

Their nutrition info,

Blueberry -->
    110 calories, 0 fat calories
    fat - 0%
    fiber - 14%
    sugars - 14 g (less than Fage/Oikos/or Chobani)
    potassium - 10%
    protein - 22%
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Great value Greek Non-fat :
    cal 120
    pro 23 grams

Add my own fruit and a couple of walnuts or almonds.
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Voskos Apricot Mango - Yummm
  • teabee17587
    Options
    we dont have a wide range of greek yoghurt in the uk but the muller light lemon is lovely
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I'm on the hunt for good greek yogurt. I really prefer the taste of Dannon Oikos but it's so loaded with sugar. I've tried Fage several times, and I can't get myself to like it enough to actually eat it regularly. I've bailed on Chobani after all the recall and legal issues.

What's your fav? What's the nutrition?

I found this Friendly Farms Greek 0% fat vanilla at Aldi. I'm trying it now and it's pretty decent. 160 calories, 0 fat, 20g carbs, 16g sugar, and 20g protein.

Thoughts?

I get the Friendly Farms at Aldi too. Otherwise, I go with Roundy's because it is higher protein than Aldi

Roundy's:
    115 grams = 65 calories, 5 g carbs, 0 fat, 12 g protein, 45 mg sodium

Aldi:
    115 grams = 95 calories, 14 g carbs, 0 g fat, 9 g protein, 34 mg sodium
  • sikanna
    sikanna Posts: 6
    Options
    I get a big container of plain Fage.
    I then add some fruits (mostly berries because I like yogurt+something tart), cinnamon, and a little bit of honey.
    Because of the fruit and cinnamon, it's already pretty flavorful and I don't need to add much honey (usually less than 1tsp is sufficient).
    I recommend getting locally made honey. When they're fresh, they have big flavors and I don't need to use much to taste its sweetness. They're definitely more expensive than big name brand ones but totally worth it.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Fage and Chobani (lemon flavor mmmmmmm).
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Chobani Blood Orange and Pineapple, Dannon Light & Fit Coconut Vanilla, Chobani Flips Key Lime Crumble, Greek Gods Honey Orange Vanilla
  • hannhr
    hannhr Posts: 22
    Options
    - Dannon Light & Fit. 80cal, 12g protein. Sweetened with sucralose
    - Yoplait 100cal varieties. Also has sucralose
    - Siggi's Icelandic skyr yogurt. Pricey, but delicious and has very "clean" ingredients. I love the vanilla one.
  • Tortitudekitty
    Tortitudekitty Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Tesco 0% fat natural yoghurt and add a handful of blueberries!
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I always have a variety of Choibani on hand. I love most of the flavors. It has far fewer fake ingredients.

Yesterday, I discovered a new version from them, with steel cut oats in them. I tried one this morning. Really good!

I did have some of the bad (recalled) yogurt. I stayed away from Choibani for awhile, but other Greek yogurts had too many artificial ingredients.

Another good one (not found everywhere) is Siggi's Skyr. It is Icelantic Greek-style.
  • BigZ486
    BigZ486 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Dannon light & fit vanilla greek yogurt is my favorite. I'm diabetic, so I have to watch for sugar content, and this only has 7g per serving -- most flavored yogurts have around 30 or more. i use it in smoothies and as a snack with granola.
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Great value Greek Non-fat :
    cal 120
    pro 23 grams

Add my own fruit and a couple of walnuts or almonds.

Yes, Great Value is excellent (Wal-Mart's brand). I do prefer the Vanilla though.
    Lots of protein, thick, creamy and delicious. I add some Nature's Valley Protein Granola.
    It's like dessert!
  • riotatme23
    riotatme23 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    On the go I like YoCruch Low Fat Greek. Its not entirely low fat but it is low calorie and very very filling. I like the strawberry with granola because it gives it some texture.

At home I like Fage honey vanilla. I toss in dried cranberries or raisins, sunflower seeds, almonds etc and its a complete breakfast for me. Sometimes if I'm feeling rebellious I'll toss in a tbs of mini mms for good measure--its like a blizzard from DQ
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods Honey (not Honey Vanilla).
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    we dont have a wide range of greek yoghurt in the uk but the muller light lemon is lovely

Oh, yes this. That's my favourite Muller Greek-style flavour, but their whole range is delicious. :tongue: All of Spelga's flavours are really tasty too, particularly the heather honey and coconut ones. I think they're only an NI brand though.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm a full fat Fage girl. Our Walmarts and such have it so it's really not very expensive here.

If you like Oikos, Trader Joe's brand tastes quite similar IIRC. Maybe give that a try?
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I used Great Value Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt. I buy the bigger container, not very expensive. I use it plain as a substitute for sour cream and if I want vanilla I mix in vanilla protein powder. Great with berries and granola.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I was all about Chobani until I tried Yoplait's Greek yogurt. So yummy! I haven't tried Oikos yet.