Article - Why Daily Showers May Be Bad For You

Options
2»

Replies

• RyanEli
    RyanEli Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I never understood why some people freak about about the frequency of showers. Who determined that 24 hours was the magic number that caused you to "need" a shower? I like taking showers at night--and often multiple times during the day--to help me relax, but I wouldn't say it's necessary or going without is gross. If I was going to determine when I needed to shower, it'd probably be based on my hair--it gets oily before I smell bad.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    yeah nah...
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    actually if anyone has a dry shampoo that they recommend...let me know! :smile:
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    brooklyn-nets-bench.gif?w=500&h=253
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

The dude on the right looks like he's smelling himself

And i didn't read the article cause, reading and stuff, but I enjoy showering. ;)
  • Peter_Brady
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

And i didn't read the article cause, reading and stuff, but I enjoy showering. ;)

I know. I subscribe to your shower cam website. I always wondered if you get paid for product placement? Dove shampoo. Dove Soap. Dove Lotion.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

I know. I subscribe to your shower cam website. I always wondered if you get paid for product placement? Dove shampoo. Dove Soap. Dove Lotion.

That's creepy cause that's in my shower right now
  • Peter_Brady
    Options

DUH! You are acting as if you aren't aware of the webcam
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I can not wake up with out a shower,,gots to have it!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to read the article but I'll contribute, lmao! I only wash my hair twice a week (unless I swim then I have to, to get the chlorine out) and it works out well! But I do shower daily, usually right after working out, and will definitely continue to do so because I don't want to be the "smelly kid" at work. My son only takes a bath every other day though!
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I get oily skin and like to shower on a daily basis. It works well for my skin type. I may skip a day on the weekend if I'm just hanging around the house. For a while I was showering up to three times a day because I was working out twice a day and did not like starting my day off without a shower. I wouldn't say that getting a shower every day is good for everyone, nor is showering every day bad for everyone.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I will err on the side of not stinkin' up the joint and continue to shower daily.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,095 Member
    Options
    I agree that many people do not need a daily shower - particularly older people who are not very active.

I agree that is probably not many people on MFP - but I can vouch that in my many years of community nursing and Aged Care nursing, there were many elderly people who did not shower daily ( they did have a basic wash though) and they did not stink or have any repercussions from this.

Re hair - I have a shower every day myself but I do not wash my hair every day. Alternate day hair washing is fine for me. I use a shower cap the other days.