Does anybody actually measure out salad dressing?

Options
2tbs seems to be the most common serving size but I've never actually got out a tablespoon and poured two exact amounts to put on a salad.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I have measured it to get a feel for how much I normally use.
  • ncrugbyprop
    ncrugbyprop Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    No, but I do weigh it (2tbs is approx 1 oz) or check the cup size if I'm eating out.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I don't use spoons, I use my food scale and put 1/2 a serving into a tiny bowl. Then I add 1tbsp of water to it and mix. I've always preferred runny dressing anyway because the flavor is just as strong (for me) and it more easily and more evenly coats the salad. If you really love thick salad dressing and lots of it, this won't work for you.
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    IF I use dressing, but I prefer my salads without.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm heavy handed with dressings, so gotta get my 15mL correct.
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If I can do it in grams, I'll do it that way. I've wasted enough time trying to get things out of the bloody measuring spoons :grumble:
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    yes. I use 2 tablespoons
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I do. For me, the 2 tbsp is plenty.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.

I weigh it.
  • RebelMiltonMom
    RebelMiltonMom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yep, I measure!
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    When I do use condiments, I weigh the whole bottle, tare, pour onto salad, weigh bottle again (number displayed will be -26grams or however many I used), record on MFP.

Using a tablespoon creates more dishes.

EDIT: English.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I weigh it on my food scale.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yeah I weigh it. Easier than getting out spoons and trying to scrape everything off of them into my bowl.
  • SummerOBX9
    Options
    I do but wish I could figure out grams instead of measuring with Tablespoons. Weighing is so much eaiser than measuring a liquid that sticks to the Tablespoon.

The labels say 2 Tbsp or 30 ml.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    2tbs seems to be the most common serving size but I've never actually got out a tablespoon and poured two exact amounts to put on a salad.

I put my bowl on the scale, make my salad, taking measurements as I go. Tare before each ingredient. Tare before the salad dressing, and take the weight.

done. easy. fast. accurate.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    No I don't measure it, I weigh it. I put my salad plate with my lettuce and everything on the scale, Zero it out, then weight it by the gram. Usually 1/2 a serving is enough for me.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I measure it out, but I really need to start weighing it out instead.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    When I do use condiments, I weigh the whole bottle, tare, pour onto salad, weigh bottle again (number displayed will be -26grams or however many I used), record on MFP.

Using a tablespoon creates more dishes.

EDIT: English.
    you could just stick your plate on the food scale then turn it on...it will be at a zero, then you drizzle on until you hit 26 grams or whatever the desired amount.
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I do but wish I could figure out grams instead of measuring with Tablespoons. Weighing is so much eaiser than measuring a liquid that sticks to the Tablespoon.

The labels say 2 Tbsp or 30 ml.

Ice cream in mls is the worst. I mash it down into a measuring jug and eat it straight from the jug. :drinker:
  • Missfit35
    Options
    NAHHHHH! Unless of course your prepping to step in stage but it does not sound that way because eating salad dressing is not allowed on that particular regimen.