Do you miss anything about being bigger?

Options
13»

Replies

• amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    My ability to move ANYTHING that needed moving at work. As I lose more weight I find some things that I was previously able to move I no longer have the mass to budge.

This! I used to be able to move anything around the house--furniture up & down stairs, whatever. I'd just push it around. Now I just can't. It's irritating to have to ask my husband to help move things I used to be able to move myself.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Miss the fullness in my face, the fat puffed out my wrinkles.
    ^this, I was not really large, but a little chubby by an extra 10 lbs or, so? However, as you age as a smaller, thinner woman, you have to choose your face or your *kitten*. I guess that's what filler is for, eh?
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The only thing I miss about being bigger is having a wardrobe! Right now, I keep shrinking out of EVERYTHING! I currently do not own a pair of pants that fit me - they are all too big. LOL Other than that, NO, I do not miss a single thing about my old body! I still have 60ish pounds to lose, so I won't miss this current body either once I hit goal!
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    my strength

But why did you lose strength? Did you lose muscle mass along with fat? If you took a real thin person and could put 40 lbs of fat on them in one day would they get stronger? Nope. If you reduce fat off your body while retaining and hopefully strengthening muscle.....you should not get weaker. Losing weight should be about losing fat. Losing that which burdens the muscle should make you feel stronger

But it doesnt work like that, everyone does lose some muscle when losing weight, if its a significant amount of weight, and even if they dont notice that or didn't appear to lose muscle, they do reduce the capacity to gain as much strength as fast as they used to. I know I used to go up in strength faster than I do now, and lifts that I cannot do at maximum due to an injury have reduced as I have lost weight.

This is not to be confused with the MFP myth that you cannot gain on a deficit, you can, its just difficult, and very very hard to maintain over a long time or a long loss. So difficult that the myth appears to be truth to many.