perfect 1200 cal day MyFitnessPal all stats green

Options
13»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Weird, my post along with someone else's was deleted.

Maybe it got reported??

It didn't violate the CGs in any form.

Maybe Gemma just has an itchy trigger finger today
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Weird, my post along with someone else's was deleted.

Maybe it got reported??

It didn't violate the CGs in any form.

Maybe Gemma just has an itchy trigger finger today

She is still around?!

FSM save us all...
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Painful just to read. Food is fuel. There are better ways to hit your macros. They don't have to be perfect. MFP's macro numbers are mostly guidelines. Your most important thing to worry about (besides calories) is protein. Others can be in the red. Mine frequently were. See ticker below.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Why would I want to be under on protein and fat?
  • gamedar
    gamedar Posts: 9
    Options
    I've made my diary public, the post for these entries are made for January 1, 2014
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I've made my diary public, the post for these entries are made for January 1, 2014

Why does it say you ate 1 oz of mushrooms when your op shows you had 5.5?
  • gamedar
    gamedar Posts: 9
    Options
    I was trying to figure out what foods I need to eat to have a little over 1200 cal but yet be green on all the other stats, the food I entered today was the food I actually ate which is 1 ounce of mushrooms. My post I entered in for January 1, 2014.
  • ZaCkOX
    ZaCkOX Posts: 115
    Options

I would seriously die if I ate what you ate... I couldn't exercise to that food. You have a few things with insane numbers, cut those out.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    More protein, more fat. This looks like a miserable way to eat, sorry.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I was trying to figure out what foods I need to eat to have a little over 1200 cal but yet be green on all the other stats, the food I entered today was the food I actually ate which is 1 ounce of mushrooms. My post I entered in for January 1, 2014.

30g of protein? Honey no. Ditch the crackers and the pita for whatever it is people who don't eat meat (I assume you don't eat meat) do for protein, please.

Edit: Oh. You do eat meat. WELL THEN. Ditch the crackers. Add in some nice chicken breast. Ditch the pita, use 100 calorie sandwich thin, put 2 ounces of turkey breast on there. Bam, 160 cals VS 165 for the pita alone and you get some protein.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Green in fat and protein is generally a warning sign, as most around here will tell you the MFP macro targets for those should be treated as minimums. This is especially true on a 1200 diet, MFP's minimum. Unless you've specific medical circumstances, that means you probably under-ate those macros relative to your body's needs.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    All stats green is supposed to be good? The only two stats I want to be green are calories and carbs. I can't meet my protein and fat minimums with those items. Not even close! I need more than that if I want to continue lifting more than my body weight. I think it's time you did some more research. :)

Here, start with these two:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,011 Member
    Options
    It seems healthy food to me.
    If 1200 is your correct amount and this day also meets all macro goals ( I haven't done the maths so I take your word for it) and you enjoyed the food and felt full on it - well done.

Not sure it is any help to anyone else, even people with same calorie limit, as everyone's food preferences are so different.

But still, am pleased for you that you had such a perfect food day :smile:
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm a little concerned on the low level of fat and protein in this plan. The low level of protein alone would make me ravenous and blast through that day's food allotment in about 4 hours, then I'd be miserably hungry for the rest of the day. This is me personally, of course. Course, I also don't like mushrooms so those 5oz of mushrooms'd have to be substituted out for something calorie equivalent (20-some-odd calories... I'd end up with even less food probably. Oy).

If it works for you, great, but it just seems like it's a little low on some macros. I personally aim for 0 remaining grams on my macros (except for carbs - I'm ALWAYS well under my carb stat) and someplace between my BMR and TDEE - sometimes I'm low on that and sometimes I'm a little high but it equals out weekly for me. Except today. I ate WAAAAAAY under today (at around 1200 cals, actually, including a stuffed bell pepper, brown rice and grilled squash dinner) and I'm about to gnaw my hand off. Need to go raid the fridge ;)
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    what-about-second-breakfast-e1347344150716.png
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    prenatal vitamins.... nice.