good food/bad food

Options

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Can people please stop being so rude on here. I'm not trying to get you all to fight or say how what the other person is saying is stupid. Thats not the point and most of you are not taking this seriously. If you can't take this seriously then get out and leave my post alone. I actually want to lose the weight and have help but some of you guys are just making fun of each other or giving dumb responses that is not helping me so please go away and take your "trying to help" somewhere else. Sorry if this makes anyone upset I just want true help and answers. Thank you and have a wonderful day ^.^

Demonizing certain foods, or categories of food or specific macronutrients (like carbs or fat) goes against sensible, rational weightloss. Potato chips and orange sherbet have a place in sensible, permanent weightloss, as does broccoli, as does grass-fed angus beef.

You say you want to lose weight. If that is your goal, then there IS no "good" or "bad" food. For your goal of "lose the weight" almonds aren't "better" for you than peanuts (unless you have an allergy to peanuts).

So if you describe your goals better, you'll probably get more targeted advice.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
  • onlystavros
    Options
    Perhaps you meant healthy vs unhealthy foods...even then the lines are blurred. Everything in moderation....
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    If it makes you hungrier, if it makes you crave, it if makes you sick, if it makes you tired, if it makes you cranky, if it makes you weak: It's bad food. If it makes you satisfied, if it makes you feel good, if it gives you energy, if it makes you strong: It's good food.

What foods do that may vary from person to person. Find foods that are OFY. Optimal For You.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Can people please stop being so rude on here. I'm not trying to get you all to fight or say how what the other person is saying is stupid. Thats not the point and most of you are not taking this seriously. If you can't take this seriously then get out and leave my post alone. I actually want to lose the weight and have help but some of you guys are just making fun of each other or giving dumb responses that is not helping me so please go away and take your "trying to help" somewhere else. Sorry if this makes anyone upset I just want true help and answers. Thank you and have a wonderful day ^.^

Two words. Public. Forum.

If you want to control the responses, then join or create a group here on MFP.

but to address your OP - there is no "bad" food (unless rotten or molded).
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    If it makes you hungrier, if it makes you crave, it if makes you sick, if it makes you tired, if it makes you cranky, if it makes you weak: It's bad food. If it makes you satisfied, if it makes you feel good, if it gives you energy, if it makes you strong: It's good food.

What foods do that may vary from person to person. Find foods that are OFY. Optimal For You.
    Love it!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    could someone give me an idea of what exsactly are bad foods and good foods?

It depends almost entirely on what it is you are trying to accomplish. Chips and candy can be just as "good" as any other food.

So...

...what specifically are you trying to accomplish?
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Thank you and yes thats what I was looking for like specifics like which nuts are better for you than others

I have seen you ask variations of this: are pops good or bad, which meats are good and which are bad, now you've moved on to nuts. This black and white thinking is very irrational. It's very simple: eat some meat, vegetables, grains and fruits as the bulk of your diet. As long as you track your calories, it doesn't matter whether chicken is "good" and pork is "bad." (What is your criteria for that anyway?) You're getting so many responses telling you that all food is good because that's the general consensus around here. If you want to be handed a list of demonized foods you can probably choose any diet book off of the shelf and it will do that for you.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Processed food =/= bad
    High sodium =/= bad
    High calories =/= bad

Eating anything in excess = bad

Easier to understand?
  • Good foods: Carrots, luttuce,spinach, etc all vegatebales, all fruits, just beware of the starchy ones are okay just don't make that as your main source, whole grain (if you buy a bread find one without preservatives or high fructose corn syrup) or even sprouted grain bread and pasta, and real grains like brown rice, oatmeal, millet,quinoa,armanarth, etc. Sweet potatoes, pure cut un processed meats such as chicken beef pork,lamb etc, some dairy is okay if you feel okay after eating. It's best to get low fat. If you get no fat than you don't have any fat to dijust it well, or absorb the nutrients. If you have full fat than you have Aton calories. So just get low fat. And get Orgainic or grass fed as often as you can afford. And nuts and seed and beans. They are full of fiber and nuts and seeds have healthy fats.m
    Bad Foods White Bread and pasta and rice. Pre made frozen and boxed food. Most cereals. No seriously there are very few cereals that are healthy in my grocery stir. Processed meats. Like hot dogs and bolenge and Salome. The snack foods (like the ones in the gas station). candy, soda, ice cream,. Fried foods. Fried foods (especially the deep fried ones) like chips, french fries. Fast food. Foods with additives, chemicals, lots of sugar, high fructose corn syrup and other sugar like substances. Look online to see list of all ingredients the equal sugar. That's about it. And if weight loss is what you after. Make sure your in a deficit. Remember that both matters with weight loss.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Good foods: Carrots, luttuce,spinach, etc all vegatebales, all fruits, just beware of the starchy ones are okay just don't make that as your main source, whole grain (if you buy a bread find one without preservatives or high fructose corn syrup) or even sprouted grain bread and pasta, and real grains like brown rice, oatmeal, millet,quinoa,armanarth, etc. Sweet potatoes, pure cut un processed meats such as chicken beef pork,lamb etc, some dairy is okay if you feel okay after eating. It's best to get low fat. If you get no fat than you don't have any fat to dijust it well, or absorb the nutrients. If you have full fat than you have Aton calories. So just get low fat. And get Orgainic or grass fed as often as you can afford. And nuts and seed and beans. They are full of fiber and nuts and seeds have healthy fats.m
    Bad Foods White Bread and pasta and rice. Pre made frozen and boxed food. Most cereals. No seriously there are very few cereals that are healthy in my grocery stir. Processed meats. Like hot dogs and bolenge and Salome. The snack foods (like the ones in the gas station). candy, soda, ice cream,. Fried foods. Fried foods (especially the deep fried ones) like chips, french fries. Fast food. Foods with additives, chemicals, lots of sugar, high fructose corn syrup and other sugar like substances. Look online to see list of all ingredients the equal sugar. That's about it. And if weight loss is what you after. Make sure your in a deficit. Remember that both matters with weight loss.
    Wall of LOL.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Good foods: Carrots, luttuce,spinach, etc all vegatebales, all fruits, just beware of the starchy ones are okay just don't make that as your main source, whole grain (if you buy a bread find one without preservatives or high fructose corn syrup) or even sprouted grain bread and pasta, and real grains like brown rice, oatmeal, millet,quinoa,armanarth, etc. Sweet potatoes, pure cut un processed meats such as chicken beef pork,lamb etc, some dairy is okay if you feel okay after eating. It's best to get low fat. If you get no fat than you don't have any fat to dijust it well, or absorb the nutrients. If you have full fat than you have Aton calories. So just get low fat. And get Orgainic or grass fed as often as you can afford. And nuts and seed and beans. They are full of fiber and nuts and seeds have healthy fats.m
    Wall of LOL.

And the sad thing is that the OP will probably listen to that load of LOL inducing B.S.
  • OP just asked what where healthy and unhealthy foods and that what I gave her, however that just for health and to make weight loss easier. In order to lose weight you have to meet your carbs and fats and proteins without going over and being in a energetic deficit over I period time. :P
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    OP just asked what where healthy and unhealthy foods and that what I gave her, however that just for health and to make weight loss easier. In order to lose weight you have to meet your carbs and fats and proteins without going over and being in a energetic deficit over I period time. :P

The foods you listed as bad aren't bad though. Feel free to back up your claim with scientific evidence as to why those foods are bad.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    OP just asked what where healthy and unhealthy foods and that what I gave her, however that just for health and to make weight loss easier. In order to lose weight you have to meet your carbs and fats and proteins without going over and being in a energetic deficit over I period time. :P
    What's unhealthy about ice cream?
  • Okay to make it clear. I know what my quoted post is going to cause a hissystorm. I just wanted to say. That healthy foods do make weight loss easier and by making you feel full and keeping blood sugar balanced. But the op asked and I answered. But for weight loss you have to be Ina deficit! * yells at computer quit it spell check* . Healthy foods will benifits your health but won't cause automatic weight loss! Okay! There *closes book*