good food/bad food

Options

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I love threads like this on rainy days. Okay, no I don't. I need my pool and a beer. Maybe a Krispy Kreme.
  • How many times do I have to tell you! Yes you can eat bad food in moderation. My god! You guys got to use some common sense. I said that healthy foods do help with weight loss, by keeping you full longer and helping keeping blood sugar valence and getting all your nutitrients to ward off cravings. But however it won't automactily make you lose weight. You have to be in a caloric deficit while still meeting you carb fat and protein needs without going over. *closes book even harder*

But you keep calling them "bad food." There are no bad foods.

To some people, there are bad foods. You, along with everyone else, just need to respect that and move on. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion regarding what's healthy and what's not. Besides it's their body not yours. They can choose to feed it what they wish.
    <3 thissss
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Follow the Shakespeare dietary law - (Hamlet Act2 Scene2):

...for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
  • Thank you everyone has their own opion
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    How many times do I have to tell you! Yes you can eat bad food in moderation. My god! You guys got to use some common sense. I said that healthy foods do help with weight loss, by keeping you full longer and helping keeping blood sugar valence and getting all your nutitrients to ward off cravings. But however it won't automactily make you lose weight. You have to be in a caloric deficit while still meeting you carb fat and protein needs without going over. *closes book even harder*

To some people, there are bad foods. You, along with everyone else, just need to respect that and move on. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion regarding what's healthy and what's not. Besides it's their body not yours. They can choose to feed it what they wish.

Yes, to some people there are bad foods, and those people are ignorant. Of course you're entitled to your own opinion, but in this case your "opinion" is wrong...
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    How many times do I have to tell you! Yes you can eat bad food in moderation. My god! You guys got to use some common sense. I said that healthy foods do help with weight loss, by keeping you full longer and helping keeping blood sugar valence and getting all your nutitrients to ward off cravings. But however it won't automactily make you lose weight. You have to be in a caloric deficit while still meeting you carb fat and protein needs without going over. *closes book even harder*

I can say the same for your posts too, as well as people pushing demonizing foods. "If I want to eat pasta, I will because it's my body, not yours!" When someone asks my opinion, I'm going to give it. That's what OP did. That's the point of this thread, in case you missed it.

By the way, having an opinion about something doesn't make it true. I like to rely on science for that.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Yes, to some people there are bad foods, and those people are ignorant. Of course you're entitled to your own opinion, but in this case your "opinion" is wrong...

Calls people who have their own opinions ignorant… Just because it isn't the same opinion as yours. Got it.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    In for krispy kremes and beer...
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm just baffled an adult even needed to ask this question. In thread after thread.....
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone has their own opion

Congratulations on losing 5 pounds and being 20. Now, you can continue to spout your opinions or you could listen a bit to people who have hit their goals, successfully recomped, and maintained over time. Your choice, no one really cares, and learning is painful and all.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You know what I give up this place it isn't supportive. Yes some of you are actually helping and I'm sorry I didn't point out who they wrre and who wasn't. I just wanted a basic idea and I'm sorry if my questions were "dumb" or repetitive or something but their real questions. I didnt know what type of food to stay away from or not or if it was good for me or not i understand chips bad and veggies good but their is some veggie and fruits that are not good for you at all to eat thats what i was looking for more of a depth into it instead of just plan idea. Sorry I came for help maybe I should take my questions else where. And I do read through the comments maybe not as well as a I should but when I see stupid picture or people laughing and not taking it serious it loses my hope. So thank you people who did help me and actually told me which is good food and which isnt and people who decide to just get into a fight or laugh instead and lose the matter of the real question thank you for letting me know not to ask questions on here any more and take them somewhere else where i can get help. Good day to you all.

From what I see people were very helpful. You just want a black and white list of "good and bad" but there isn't one. It's all on you. If there are foods that you tend to overindulge in, then it's fine to stay away from them for a bit until you get the hang of working within a calorie deficit. But it doesn't make it "bad" or scary or something you can never ever eat again.

A lot of this is about accountability and educating yourself on things - the first being that there are no bad foods. Unless you were looking for some cult sort of "You must obey this and that" kind of thing..then on that, I'd recommend, i don't know, Beachbody for nutrition or some other diet fad method program. :laugh:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Lmao!!!! Needed a good laugh today!!!!
  • Lmao!!!! Needed a good laugh today!!!!
    IKR I had laugh too! Betcha a year or so from now we can laugh at this. Knowing how stupid I was! <3 :P
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

Calls people who have their own opinions ignorant… Just because it isn't the same opinion as yours. Got it.

Opinion...

1036fjk.gif
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

I can say the same for your posts too, as well as people pushing demonizing foods. "If I want to eat pasta, I will because it's my body, not yours!" When someone asks my opinion, I'm going to give it. That's what OP did. That's the point of this thread, in case you missed it.

By the way, having an opinion about something doesn't make it true. I like to rely on science for that.

I clearly didn't miss the point of the thread considering I gave my opinion just like you gave yours. :laugh:

If you rely on science and such, you might want to take a look at this: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002436.htm. Then try to tell me "there are no bad foods."
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    You know what I give up this place it isn't supportive. Yes some of you are actually helping and I'm sorry I didn't point out who they wrre and who wasn't. I just wanted a basic idea and I'm sorry if my questions were "dumb" or repetitive or something but their real questions. I didnt know what type of food to stay away from or not or if it was good for me or not i understand chips bad and veggies good but their is some veggie and fruits that are not good for you at all to eat thats what i was looking for more of a depth into it instead of just plan idea. Sorry I came for help maybe I should take my questions else where. And I do read through the comments maybe not as well as a I should but when I see stupid picture or people laughing and not taking it serious it loses my hope. So thank you people who did help me and actually told me which is good food and which isnt and people who decide to just get into a fight or laugh instead and lose the matter of the real question thank you for letting me know not to ask questions on here any more and take them somewhere else where i can get help. Good day to you all.
    And exactly which fruits and vegetables would those be?
    You're yelling as if we know who you are. Who are you? And why are you so mad? You're the one that wrote the wall o text, not us.
    I am a 20 year old female. Who is in college. Who wants to lose a bit of weight. Who lost five so far. Than found MFP. Who can be a bit angry. Who can be funny. Who is really popular. Who currently has a boyfriend. And I call them bad foods cuz that's what the op called them. So what should I call them?

It's really not that hard.

Food.

You may not prefer some food...that's fine. But it doesn't make it "bad". :laugh:

Really. Food. FOOD FOOD FOOD. Simple. Done. Glad to help.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone has their own opion

Spaciously large attitude, do the college professors give good grades on "opion"?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

It's starting to feel like a pot meet kettle type thing...or is this where the straws start coming into play?

He's saying that we are entitled to our opinions, but, like in this case, some opinions are wrong because of the misinformation behind them. He never said those with differing opinions in general were wrong or ignorant.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

I clearly didn't miss the point of the thread considering I gave my opinion just like you gave yours. :laugh:

If you rely on science and such, you might want to take a look at this: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002436.htm. Then try to tell me "there are no bad foods."

All that article does is tell you to avoid a bunch of foods, but it never gives reasons why. Totally useless.