Maintainance means more food????

Options
what's your maintanance calories? I can't wait to reach my goal which means I will get to eat more than eating at deficit. I will still track to make sure I eat enough or to not overeat.

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Maintenance 2550.
  • Pmkumaran
    Pmkumaran Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It'll be around 27-30 KCal/Kg/Day
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I used the IIFYM.com calculator and get about 1860. I check this daily *smiles*.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    2500-2700.

I'm a highly active 5'5' female at 120 lb.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Somewhere around 1600 at sedentary... I'm not really sedentary, though, so it's more like 1800-2200 in practice. I've been getting away with more food than I thought I'd be able to. :happy:
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I am old and sedate if not actually sedentary . I take my maintenance calories as shown under the goal tab here. (1340 because I have entered my activity level as sedentary. I wear a Fitbit so get credit for every step I take. MFP gives me a calorie adjustment for that. I then eat the lot of them. I have been maintaining now for about 15 months.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Yes - I am def enjoying more food choices on maintenance. 5ft 8 ins tall, 183 lbs, Currently I eat at 1,800 and eat back 50% of exercise up to max of 2000. For a special events I go up my maintenance level of 2,500. Seems to work and I am never hungry :wink:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I use a fitness tracker to estimate calories, and I average around 1900 a day at 5' 3 1/2". It fluctuates from around 1500 if I'm being lazy, up to 2200 on more active days.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    my maintenance is somewhere above 2300 calories a day (as I'm eating nearly that and losing..slowly, slowly losing, but that's kind of the point)
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It's 1601 without any exercise. With exercise it's slightly higher. I'm 5' 4".

ETA: When you reach your goal you won't be at a deficit, but remember that you'll weigh less than you do now so maintenance will also be less calories than it is now.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    My maintenance comes out to around 2200 calories(average TDEE for the last 28 days according to my bodymedia fit) That's sedentary with a few days of warehouse work mixed in... I expect that my TDEE will increase to about 3000 this winter when I start working full time again.(average burn on days that I work 2800-3200)
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    5-5, moderately active 50-year-old woman. Still trying to figure out my maintenance sweet spot. I'm set at 1750 plus exercise calories (my activity level varies a lot from day to day so that works better for me than TDEE), but I'm still losing. Nudging up to 1800 today. This will make MFP scream that I'll gain weight, but who cares.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    1780 sedentary works for me.
  • SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    1480 without exercise, yes I'm quite small 5'2 and currently 104, not long to go will enjoy the extra few calories : )
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7", been in maintenance for 3 months, and had been eating 1920 calories, workout 4 times a week, still loosing weight, very little but loosing, so this week I increased my calories to 2160, I'll see what happens.
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    2000-2200, and everyday it's like less and less food, seems these days, the simplest meal fills nearly half it up, in the long term, maintenance isn't all that fun, as you may think.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Average from my Fitbit is 2400. *sigh* If only my sodium limit increased as well. :sad:
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    1700 or so if I'm completely sedentary.

Since I'm not,it actually works out to about 2000-2300.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    2000-2200, and everyday it's like less and less food, seems these days, the simplest meal fills nearly half it up, in the long term, maintenance isn't all that fun, as you may think.

sure...you have issues you know that...you should not be giving advice on maitenance.

To the OP 41 YO female, workouts are 3x a week weight lifting (Stronglifts), I walk 3-5x a week or bike one of those times...

I do have a desk job but still manage to get in close to 8k steps a day without my walks.

My maitenance is anywhere between 2k and 2200 depending on my activity.

I have been in maitenance for 13 weeks...it's been great esp for the summer. I have found that yes I do eat a bit more food but normally I choose higher calorie options...such as a Tbone steak instead of cross rib...and tonight we are having Chicken wings slow grilled on the BBQ instead of chicken breast.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' tall, 45 year old small framed woman.
    My current maintenance seems to be 2000-2300/day. However, I'd still like to lose some body fat while preserving as much LBM as possible. I don't know if I woke a sleeping dragon by eating that much, but ever since I did, I'm no longer able to eat 14-1600 per day without feeling hungry & eating up to 2000 cal.

The plan I've decided to go with is to eat at the maintenance calorie allotment of my GW (110#) which is 1700-1800 cal/day.
    Continue lifting, & hopefully continue to get smaller in size.
    :drinker: