30 pounds lost!

Options
124»

Replies

• MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to suggest finding a "Divorce Care" group in your area specifically for those going through the separation process (that may or may not end in divorce, two of the men in my group ended up reconciling with their wives, but still received amazing support throughout the journey). I got involved a month after we separated, and those people became like family to me, in every way possible - I now have several life long friends and siblings that I adore - knowing that we each understood what the other was going through because we were experiencing the same thing was (and continues to be) invaluable. It's a national and international organization, so hopefully you can find one in your area by doing a quick Google search. It's a 10 week class that helps you step by step figure out the entire range of emotions - ending with forgiveness (not necessarily for him - but for your own piece of mind, so that you can move on emotionally and spiritually) - I can't recommend it enough.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    You really do look great! And even better than how you look, is having the strength to continue to care for your health when hubs throws a wrench in your plans. You will get through this! We are all cheering you on!
  • caranais
    caranais Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi, I replied to you quite early on and am so pleased that you have found comfort and most of all inspiration from your replies. You just get on with your life and carry on doing what you're doing, be strong and you will survive, and not only survive you will blossom and be stronger than you ever were and such a great inspiration for your child also. A strong role model is so important for them, so that is maybe an extra something for you to aim for. I found myself that I had to be mum and dad for my children, even though they had a father at home, and sometimes it was so hard, but now they are 30 and 25, they often say I was their mum and dad and I did everything for them (even though dad was there, but he didn't help and spent his time with his friends in the pub or at work) - by the way I worked full time and often did 3 jobs to keep us going when he decided he wouldn't get out of bed for less than ..... money, but would watch me do 3 jobs and look after the children. so I know what life can be like. You reap the benefits though, I now have my own independence, two lovely grown up children, a gorgeous granddaughter, a son who is engaged to the loveliest girl I could ever wish for my son to meet. I have a good job that pays my bills, and allows me 3 holidays a year, and although through time I can get on with my ex now (family gatherings etc, and he always tells me he loves me and would have me back!!!!!) that makes me grin now. I have my life, my independence, my sanity, and I make my own decisions without any hassle etc. Look to the future, and enjoy xxxx I really wish you well xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!