what is your favorite vegetable ?

Options

Replies

• carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I love roasted brussels sprouts!!!!!!!!!! Roast them in a cast iron covered pot at a high temp for a long time with lemon zest, olive oil, and cubed pancetta. Yummmmmm. But I've really never met a veggie I didn't like.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I love roasted brussels sprouts!!!!!!!!!! Roast them in a cast iron covered pot at a high temp for a long time with lemon zest, olive oil, and cubed pancetta. Yummmmmm. But I've really never met a veggie I didn't like.

that actually sounds good, perhaps i will give them another try..last time i had them was boild at a buffet and they were sooooo nastey!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash!! It's amazing. I love it as a pasta substitute or as a side dish plain, with a little pepper added.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Onions... I love onions, sauteed with some peppers and mushrooms!
  • Asparagus is my fav i'd say

also love corn, especially on the cob in the summer fresh from the farm :D
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Is yes an answer? :love: I love all veggies. Raw, steamed, broiled, deep fried, doesn't matter.

Obviously portion control is more my issue :laugh:
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options

that actually sounds good, perhaps i will give them another try..last time i had them was boild at a buffet and they were sooooo nastey!

Oh boiled brussel sprouts are not good! I half mine, sprinkle a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and then roast them in the oven till they start to cripsy up a bit!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Asparagus cooked in the oven with a sprinkle of parmesan on it
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Asparagus, carrots and lately I've been on a big celery kick. I don't know what it is but I actually crave it sometimes :laugh:
    That's new for me. Craving veggies.
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love cauliflower mashed with a little of the hot water from when you boil the cauliflower, a little butter/margarine whatever your caloric intake permits, and seasoning of your choice. Good ol' fashioned S&P is always good.

Green beans steamed with balsamic and a touch of salt.

Asparagus coated in olive oil and grilled with seasoning.

Broccoli steamed with salt and lemon juice.

Stir fry's with aparagus, red bell pepper, and onion with a little splash of soy sauce.

Summer veggies are a different story but it's winter so I'll leave it at that. :)

I think I'm gonna go eat some veggie now!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Aspargus
    Corn on the Cob Bi-color Only
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts!!
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers! YUM
  • rskidmore
    Options
    Green and Yellow Beans
    Sweet Potato
    Corn on the Cob
    Broccoli
    Raw Mushrooms
    Cucumbers
    Tomatoes

Yum! :)
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Corn!!! Spinach!!! Potatoes!!!
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    oh my heaven and heck...

My first thought was CAULIFLOWER

then NO! Peas! NO! Asparagus! No! Avocado (i don't care that it's a fruit) NO! Corn! NO! POTATOES!

Umm...i don't know... i like the above the mostest... i think.

:-)
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    :love: :love: i luff almost all of them!

current top five would be
    - black kale ( = dinosaur kale = lacinato kale = cavelo nero) - you can eat this variety raw in salad (see *) or make kale chips
    - spinach (love it sauteed w/ garlic + olive oil w/ a bit of lemon juice)
    - beets (roast them, add them to salads)
    - brussels sprouts (roasted, or pan sauteed with scallions, then add lime juice!)
    - string beans (blanched, add to a salad w/ dill, cherry tomatoes and almond -or- oven roasted w/ cumin!)

( *) credit: NY Times website: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/24/dining/241arex.html
  • umfan85
    umfan85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, Asparagus, Onion, Green Peppers, Red Peppers, Squash....I pretty much love them all! Even Okra :)

Also, my sister recently introduced me to adding fresh squeezed lemon to my broccoli...WOW. It is so good!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I'm strong to the finich, cause I eats me spinach!

I like it any way I can get it. I always substitute it for lettuce on sandwiches.