It's the Zombie Apocalypse-is your skill set up to snuff?

Options

Replies

• kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    How does anybody know what skills will be most useful in a Zombie Apocalypse? I mean, has anybody ever SEEN a walking, talking zombie?

Yeah, Nancy Pelosi

This.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Giving this some thought, I actually have a number of skills that would prove useful in such a scenario. I'm a good shot, know the basics of tracking, can identify plants and animals fairly well and know basic first aid. I am also in considerably better shape than I used to be. Combined with many years worth of barely repressed rage, I think I could manage for at least a little awhile. I would inevitably lose my mind, however, and that would be the death of me.

Instead, I like to envision myself using my last days on earth as a time of artistic expression: painting the hellish hordes and ravaged landscapes from the temporary safety of a secure rooftop. Like a post-apocalyptic Van Gogh.
    I think many minds would be lost, but that's hauntingly beautiful.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    If it happens, i don't see the point of survival only to continue to live in fear for perpetuity. I'd rather take two to the head and end the suffering.

Sooooo, morale officer then?
    Well played.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    You'd have to work as a small team for as long as possible. Some people supply food and water, you'd need scouts, night and day shift guards, and weapons experts. You'd need someone to pack ammo as the supply would eventually run out. I can put a .22 between the eyes pretty easily but would rely on my team for the other things.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what it says about myself but, I highly doubt I would lose my mind. Actually, I think it would be more my time to shine.
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    If it happens, i don't see the point of survival only to continue to live in fear for perpetuity. I'd rather take two to the head and end the suffering.

What do you think life is every day now? Every day we wake up its about survival. There is stuff going on in the world today that is a whole lot scarier than zombies. At least zombies don't have the ability to plot and plan and reason.

You might as well go ahead and do it today, and save the resources for us.
  • GDLAZ
    GDLAZ Posts: 3,785 Member
    Options
    I think I'd do alright... :)
  • redromad275
    redromad275 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I am skilled in close combat both armed and unarmed. Well versed in light and heavy weapons. Radio communication subject matter expert. Now that I am retired from military service I train operators. My skill set is good but can always get better.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    My plan would be to follow all you up to snuff people, wait until you buy it and take all your gear
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    My plan would be to follow all you up to snuff people, wait until you buy it and take all your gear

Because, you know, stuff you have no skill using is going to be such an important thing to carry around with you when you're being chased by zombies.

This is the same "logic" of people raiding TV stores during the flood after hurricane Katrina....
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

Because, you know, stuff you have no skill using is going to be such an important thing to carry around with you when you're being chased by zombies.

This is the same "logic" of people raiding TV stores during the flood after hurricane Katrina....

Woah, I never said I couldn't use it, I just said I was lazy
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options

This gave me a good laugh...interesting comparison. But either way I say bring on the zombies I'm ready!
  • Drama_Free_Zone
    Options
    Zombie Apocalypse Skills eh? Alright.. let me list them.

I know how to make the following armor, functional at that.
    Chainmaille, Boiled Leather, linothorax. If I have the proper steel sheeting I can size and make plate as well.

I can operate a forge for simple tools, hammers, chisels, knives, crude swords.

I can build a steel reinforced mason wall, know a bit about irrigation technique, can grow my own food, find edible plants, hunt, purify water and I know the very best ways to heat a structure using any traditional method imaginable.

I can build a generator if necessary and with access to a machine shop, otherwise I can repair small motors and do all the necessary maintenance.

All that said I'm a crack shot with a rifle and only slightly less proficient with a hand gun, can throw a well balanced hatchet or knife and hit my target with about 80% accuracy. I have been trained in traditional longsword techniques, can throw a javelin quite nicely and have trained other individuals in most of the above crap.

None of that crap matters, because my main skill and most useful in any sort of apocalyptic breakdown is my knowledge and ability to turn hops into beer and distill one hell of a wicked whiskey. :drinker:
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    None of that crap matters, because my main skill and most useful in any sort of apocalyptic breakdown is my knowledge and ability to turn hops into beer and distill one hell of a wicked whiskey. :drinker:

Oh my god, I don't know how to beer...
    BE ON MY TEAM!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I would obviously be the President.
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

Guv-nor?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    my dad would find me and bring me to my grandpas "for the end of the world" farm compound he has set up - its all prepared for when the world goes to hell including a massive enforced fence around the entire thing

and then wed just blow torch zombies and eat pickled beets
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Guv-nor?

He was kinda douchey...although i'm for having zombies fight each other for entertainment.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Well, If we're pretending that there could actually be Zombies, then I can pretend that I am Superman, except hung like a horse, and all living women worship me.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

Woah, I never said I couldn't use it, I just said I was lazy

lol