9000 Exercise Calories In A Week

Options
Hi All,
If any of you have been with me in the last two weeks by now you realize I'm upping the challenge by 1000 calories.This challenge starts tomorrow december 1st and ends tuesday december 8th.I hope you'll all join me good luck.Please try to post your progress daily.My goal is 9000 calories.Please don't feel you have to do this much but it would be nice if I had some folks joining me to try!!

Replies

• LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I'm on the fence with this one since I haven't done the first two weeks. I'm trying it.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I am trying for a high calorie burn this week, . I was actually aiming for 5000, I don't see myself burning 9,000 lol

Goodluck
  • collettemrk
    Options
    I am trying for a high calorie burn this week, . I was actually aiming for 5000, I don't see myself burning 9,000 lol

Goodluck
    do what you can..Good Luck!!
  • abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm in! But not for 9,000. I don't remember how much I did this last week, but I'll increase it 500. Starting tomorrow!
    Thx for the challenge - I'll do my best!
  • abtropix
    Options
    Just checked my last post. My goal for this week is over 5,700.
    Talk to you later!
  • nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    If any of you have been with me in the last two weeks by now you realize I'm upping the challenge by 1000 calories.This challenge starts tomorrow december 1st and ends tuesday december 8th.I hope you'll all join me good luck.Please try to post your progress daily.My goal is 9000 calories.Please don't feel you have to do this much but it would be nice if I had some folks joining me to try!!

I so want to burn 9000 calories!!! But how do you do it??
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    9k calories for me is 6miles every day. I think that might be pushing it too soon for me so im gonna have to tap out. I'll be trying to hit 8k again tho :D
  • collettemrk
    Options
    Hi All,

I so want to burn 9000 calories!!! But how do you do it??
    I go for a bike ride of 20 miles or more everyday. Do what you can you'll be amazed at how high your number will be!!
  • kitujainen
    kitujainen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    joined here few days ago and lost 3 lbs that is 10000 calories. Does it count calorie deficit, or... Well I can start new xD
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I might have to do this one... Havent decided yet... I missed the last one. the only reason I am debating is cause I work 12hr shifts with an hour commute and dont have but a day or two off for that time period... there is not enough time in the day ... If you were starting monday I would deffinately be in. cause I only have to work 2 days that week.
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I might have to do this one... Havent decided yet... I missed the last one. the only reason I am debating is cause I work 12hr shifts with an hour commute and dont have but a day or two off for that time period... there is not enough time in the day ... If you were starting monday I would deffinately be in. cause I only have to work 2 days that week.

Come on man you have 7 days a week that you can find 1hr a day to get exercise in. 12hr shifts? pft! You still get a lunch. You still get breaks. You still have time before or after work. When you are at work and are faced against an issue do you say "I can't do that" nope! You make it work period or you don't have a job.

It is far easier to come up with an excuse than it is to come up with a solution.

I'm not saying you need to meet the goal of this thread but I am saying you can find 1hr a day to exercise. If I can anyone can. Git'r done brah!
  • leanmass24
    Options
    I normally do take an hour out of my day to exercise... I would have to take about 2hours a day to meet or exceed the goal set forth. Unless I do all cardio. then it would only have to be about 80mins a day, but I dont want to skimp on my weight training... I will try to do the goal, but I dont want to lose too much sleep over it. Where I work I do get lunch, but I cant leave the site. So I will have to bring my kettlebells and indian clubs to work and I dont want to be all sweaty for 7hrs until I get home to take a shower. Can we say jock itch? lol... I will try.... It will deffinately be a challenge though. I will have to do cardio before and after work and weights at work. Who knows maybe I will set the new standard? what is the highest someone has done on here? That is alot of calores to eat back also. Hmmm, I will have to buy extra food too.

Edit: Ok so if I did 40mins of cardio 2 times a day for 7 days straight and 30 mins of weights each day then that is about 12000 calories for the week... Wish me luck.
  • collettemrk
    Options
    I normally do take an hour out of my day to exercise... I would have to take about 2hours a day to meet or exceed the goal set forth. Unless I do all cardio. then it would only have to be about 80mins a day, but I dont want to skimp on my weight training... I will try to do the goal, but I dont want to lose too much sleep over it. Where I work I do get lunch, but I cant leave the site. So I will have to bring my kettlebells and indian clubs to work and I dont want to be all sweaty for 7hrs until I get home to take a shower. Can we say jock itch? lol... I will try.... It will deffinately be a challenge though. I will have to do cardio before and after work and weights at work. Who knows maybe I will set the new standard? what is the highest someone has done on here? That is alot of calores to eat back also. Hmmm, I will have to buy extra food too.

Edit: Ok so if I did 40mins of cardio 2 times a day for 7 days straight and 30 mins of weights each day then that is about 12000 calories for the week... Wish me luck.

No Luck needed ..you got this!!
  • collettemrk
    Options
    This is the format I'd like to see people using.This way we can all see the way you're burning your calories.Who knows maybe it's a way others would like to try!!

Weekly Goal: 9000 calories

Wed:727-- calories burned (plying 4 hours of softball)
    Thur:calories burned (how they were burned)
    Fri: calories burned (how they were burned)
    Sat:calories burned (how they were burned)
    Sun:calories burned (how they were burned)
    Mon: calories burned(how they were burned)
    Tues:calories burned(how they were burned)

Total: 727
    Left to goal: 8273
  • nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This is the format I'd like to see people using.This way we can all see the way you're burning your calories.Who knows maybe it's a way others would like to try!!

Weekly Goal: 9000 calories

Wed:727-- calories burned (plying 4 hours of softball)
    Thur:calories burned (how they were burned)
    Fri: calories burned (how they were burned)
    Sat:calories burned (how they were burned)
    Sun:calories burned (how they were burned)
    Mon: calories burned(how they were burned)
    Tues:calories burned(how they were burned)

Total: 727
    Left to goal: 8273

Looks good, sounds good! Day number 1 here I go!!! :D
  • leanmass24
    Options
    Goal: as much as I can do without killing myself.

WED: 2119 calories. 90 mins eliptical and 30 mins of kettlebell/ Indian clubs.
  • abtropix
    Options
    Leanmass - you did great today!!!

Weekly Goal: 5,700 calories (I really need a rest day on Sun, especially after all the partying!)

Wed:1,083 calories burned (45 mins elliptical, 1 hr tennis lesson, 35 min DVD workout)

Total: 1,083
    Left to goal: 4,617

See ya tomorrow!
  • collettemrk
    Options
    First day I haven't rode my bike in quite a while.Three softball games later and extreme wind kept me from going for a ride.I'll make up for it in the coming days.727 calories burned & I feel like I've let myself down.Oh well tomorrow's another day.Great job everybody keep doing what you're doing!!
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm fairly new to MFP, but i'll give this a shot. I didn't exercise yesterday which will make it tough, but i'll do what i can!
  • abtropix
    Options
    Weekly Goal: 5,700 calories

Wed:1,083 calories burned (45 mins elliptical, 1 hr tennis lesson, 35 min DVD workout)
    Thu: 385 cals burned (wimpy I know, but don't have time for any more today!) - 45 mins elliptical

Total: 1,468
    Left to goal: 4,232 (which means 1,058/day if I take Sun off. Going to be hard!!!)

Mark, you're numbers are always so high!!! In the 700's is pretty good for me, actually VERY good! Whenever I go over the 700's I'm thinking about your challenge, but I don't know how long I can keep this up!

See you tomorrow!