• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hey Sandy you got a recipe for us. Here is the link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/139933-golden-sneakers-recipes
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good mormingC onnie you know I will be making the new recipe you posted last night, Sounds good i made the fish stew yesterday and put way too much of the season in it and was too hot for me
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    2prve3a.jpg

testing...
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    High winds and cold temperatures made for a night without much sleep. Had to shut off the doggie door because the wind was blasting in, so I had to get up to let the dogs out. When I uncovered the door they refused to go out. When I went out to see why I discovered one section of their dog house roof (yes, we have a dog house attached to their dog door - it's supposed to cut the wind but it does not) had blown off and was covering the opening into their yard.

There I was at 3:30 in the morning, 19 degrees, 40 mile per hour winds in sweat suite, slippers and a jacket, with a hammer and nails, putting the roof section back on the dog house. I also attached a heavy tarp to the section of chain link fence next to the doghouse/door to try to cut the wind. Needless to say, it took hours to get back to sleep.

To top things off, despite never going over my 1200 calorie a day limit this week, I've not lost a single pound. Even yesterday which ended at a fire department party where I ate a piece of chocolate cake came in at 1180 calories. Think stress has anything to do with it?

Think I'll pull the drapes and take a nap.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Connie, you sure had an "exciting" night. I know your beautiful dogs appreciate it.......I hope you can get some rest today......just keep doing the healthy things you do, like eating right and staying active....sometimes the results aren't linear
    no weight change when it seems like all is going right and surprise weight loss when you've not been so vigilant......just don't let the scale discourage you.

:bigsmile: Gayla, working five hours a week sounds like a great plan.......sometimes I miss the challenge of a job but I wouldn't want to have to go back to the demands of my full time job.....I continue to think positive thoughts for Neil and his voice.....he has had more than his fair share of challenges.

:flowerforyou: Marie, I love your happy good morning sunshine
    actually all your posting is like happy sunshine

:flowerforyou: Today is cleanse day.....I slept late and got to walk the dogs in the daylight which is a rarity way up north in December......I'll do laundry, write some letters (I have a friend in California does not use a computer so I actually write letters to her), assemble the next weeks bags of pills for both of us, put away the last of the Hanukkah decorations, take the dogs to the dog park (if the rain stops long enough), then watch TV or movies and work on my knitting. I might ride the exercise bike but otherwise it will be a day of rest.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie , Alice been out here to help me on the computor and at one time she had pictures of your now of you friend i Minisota I didn;t get to see them good Went to look and did not find them Where are theye posted?
    Seeing all that snow in Chicago now as we are watching the game.That is some storm.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Never mind Connie I found them of FB. That is one great storm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad I live in the south.
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I have been keeping up reading all the post, you all sound so busy with each other, I love to see all of you so happpy. :happy: :happy: :happy:

Has been a pretty busy week, today we got up to a snow storm and winds about to 40 miles with drifting snow.:angry::grumble: :grumble: :grumble: I needed to get all the gifts for my Mom including her birthday gift wrap:ohwell: :ohwell: made her all favorities cookies, so they're all packed and ready to go.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone has a great evening, thinking about all of you. Take care.

Gigi
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning all, C hristmas season is here Hope you all have a lovely week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mcsl.gif
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!!! Marie, I am loving all your beautiful pictures and good cheer!!:heart:

Gigi, we didn't get all your snow but we did get a couple of inches with terrible winds. I think this is going to be one cold winter. :explode: I finally got that nail hardener you suggested and although I have only had it on a couple of days I like it already. Thanks for the recommendation. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Connie, I am getting the visual of you out in the middle of the night hammering away. :laugh: What we don't do for our furry friends. :blushing: I am glad you hubby is doing well and that your life will hopefully get back to normal soon. :love:

Barbie, with your cleanse day is it just drinking liquids for the day? Do this liquids make bodily changes that you have to stay home? (trying to be as discreet as I can) Again, another visual, BAGS OF PILLS, just how many are required in your life a week? :ohwell:

Gayla, how is our boy doing? I lite a candle for Neil in Church yesterday and I pray that it is God's will for Neil to get his voice and throat back to drinking normal again. Let's all take a minute of silence and pray for this together.:heart::heart: :heart:

The pills are working on the pain but I don't want to live on pills, so I think I am going to call and set up therapy. I want to get back to exercise but for now I can't even ride the bike. :grumble: I haven't been tracking my food and for some reason I am losing a little weight. :bigsmile: I am not at my goal but a couple of pounds short and even though I should change my ticker I am blaming it on the pills. That's my story and I am sticking to it!! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Have a good day, I plan on getting my packages out and start wrapping presents.
  • tlp8rb
    Options
    Weather seems to be the hot topic these days. The rain in the Pacific Northwest is making things miserable for many, and the snow in the upper Midwest has brought many to a standstill.

I know that some of you live in each area and I sincerely hope you are all dealing with Mother Nature in a positive way.

I'm a little bummed as there was not an ounce of weight loss this past week. I do understand the connection between stress and weight so am trying not to get down on myself. I'm still ahead of my 2 pounds per week curve so will just chalk it up as another thing I can't do anything about, recite the serenity prayer one more time and move ahead.

It's 11:30 am here and as I look around the room I see my husband asleep in his recliner and the dogs asleep in the hall and wonder if I shouldn't lay down and take a nap, too. On the other hand the kitchen floor could use a cleaning and there are branches the wind broke off our big Post Oak laying on the ground. I don't like any decaying wood anywhere near the house even when it is 18 degrees as termites are voracious creatures and don't stop eating just because it is chilly outside.

Here's to the next seven days - with each day bringing us closer to good health and happy lives.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    well I am getting a jump on things. I just order these tomato seeds They only get abput 12 inches tall I will start my seeds inside toward the end of March Maybe sooner. i also order some red ones too.
    Yellowcherrytomaotes.jpg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: the new picture is Jake's beautiful daughter, her wonderful husband, and their two boys ages 2 and 4 months

:flowerforyou: Sandy, the Isagenix cleanse is mostly liquids all day (there's a collection of Isagenix products that are part of the cleanse day) along with Isagenix chocolate snacks and IsaDelight chocolates and a lot of water. It is a cellular cleanse and cleans the impurities in your body not the kind of cleanse that you do before a colonoscopy. Many people do their cleanse days on a day when they go to work because being busy makes the time pass faster for them.

:flowerforyou: Connie, I wrestle with the same dilemma of having husband and all the pets sleeping and not being able to decide if I should nap or do some chore that is calling to me. This morning I got up at 5:30, walked the dogs,let the cats out, and had my breakfast then I noticed that the dogs were asleep and maybe I should go back to bed. Instead I worked on about two hours of projects that had to be done on the desktop computer

:flowerforyou: we have been watching the news of the big snowstorm in southern Minnesota. I went to college south of the twin cities and whenever we go back there, Jake says he thinks it would be great to live there. Today he said he was glad we didn't live there :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Marie, it's so dark and cold here I can't imagine getting ready for spring by ordering tomato seeds.....you are certainly thinking positive.

:flowerforyou: I took the dogs to the dog park this morning so now I have the whole afternoon to do something for myself ----maybe I'll take that nap:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tlp8rb
    Options
    well I am getting a jump on things. I just order these tomato seeds They only get abput 12 inches tall I will start my seeds inside toward the end of March Maybe sooner. i also order some red ones too.

Funny - the Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds catalog arrive in the mail today. This is a small company located here in Missouri and I have had wonderful luck with their seeds. And their catalog is a visual delight. The New York Times called them the "Evangelists of Heirloom Seeds" and O, the Oprah Magazine said "these are people on the cutting edge of food culture."

Their web site is www.rareseeds.com, and they have a forum site - www.idigmygarden.com - where folks talk about growing good things to eat and beautiful things to grow.
  • maryellengallagher
    Options
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I have been married to my husband for 40+ years and have a daughter, granddaughter, son and daughter-in-law. I moved to Boise 4 years ago to be able to spend more time with my daughter and granddaughter. I am a grant writer for poverty programs by trade and also an ordained minister in the Episcopal tradition.

I am looking forward to getting to know you guys!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Maryellen Good to see you dropping by. Sound like you are doing alright. ob your plans.

:flowerforyou: :Connie I look at that web site on seeds. Look like a good place to shop. I requested one of their catologs. I ussally buy my seeds from Parks Seed cpmpany.They have not got their catologs out yet. I called it my wish book. Connie I learn the snipping tool this morning, Pretty neat. Hope I don't forget how. Alice try to get me on Tiny pits but it just got half of the picture and it was too big.

It was pretty cold here this morning. Got down to 27 degrees. But slowly warming up Should be in the 70's by Wednesday. Sammy enjoy his sweater for his walk. I have been drinking coffee all day trying to stay warm. I don't think I could handle -27 Like gayla get. This old body can not take the cold, I am already for spring.Love that time of the year. So I am back on Photo bucket, and enjoing it. I did get all of our birthdays on my calander and will be getting e-mails 2 days before our birthday. I am going to like that.
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Happy Monday!!!

Got all the gifts out this morning accounding to the mail only 4 days left to get boxes on time for Xmas:grumble: :grumble: by now UPS does not promise to delivery on time only overnight:noway: :noway: all this information comes because I used both methods at work.

Sandy - I'm so happy with the nail hardener, my nails are looking amazing-you're right we had so much snow and wind, still more snow is on the way. So glad we're not in South Bend, IN they really got it:explode: :explode:

JoAnn - how is the weather in Elkhart, I know has been terrible in the area, hope everything is well and you're to busy to post,
    have a great week and keep warm.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Marie - Good planning ordering your tomato plants seeds already :love: :love: :love: that is a good way to think SPRING, we need that kind of thinking:heart::heart: :heart:

Maryellen - Welcome:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I'm in the middle of Illinois where the weather is horrible right now:grumble: :grumble: my family is all over, three daughters and my husband of 43 years, we're planing to retire soon, three grandkids two boys and one girl, we have a great time together.You're going to love this group:happy:

Have a super evening everyone:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Gigi
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    A quick Hi from Saskatchewan. We had a nice day today (about 16F) with the most fluffy snowflakes. Of course we had a Dr. appt. for Neil, the ortho. surgeon this time. His toe is infected (neil's, not the Dr.'s) so he is on antibiotics and by this evening his toe is already starting to feel better. In January Neil will have some surgery on the toe but the infection has to be completely gone first. The Dr. is going to remove the joint from the toe and straighten the toe out which should make it so it will not be constantly irritated. Fortunately it can be done with a local anesthetic and will only take 10 or 15 minutes. He will be home that day. So it is what we call good news today. When we got home I had a message to call my Dr. to review my blood work. It sounds like some cholesterol problems which I have never had before. Time to behave myself!! I will call him tomorrow.

Sandy -- Thanks so much for prayers. I have said a few words for you as well. I hope the therapy will be the ticket for you.

We did a little bit of shopping today. We bought Neil a new TV for his room at the Group Home. He will be so excited. He will likely want to go home immediately!! I have some more shopping to do but I am getting there. We are back in the city tomorrow for another Dr. appt. ( neurologist this time) so will likely hit the stores for a bit. This is the only time of year that I really enjoy shopping. I love the Christmas music playing and most people are happy.

Thinking of you all. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    A quick Hi from Saskatchewan. We had a nice day today (about 16F) with the most fluffy snowflakes. Of course we had a Dr. appt. for Neil, the ortho. surgeon this time. His toe is infected (neil's, not the Dr.'s) so he is on antibiotics and by this evening his toe is already starting to feel better. In January Neil will have some surgery on the toe but the infection has to be completely gone first. The Dr. is going to remove the joint from the toe and straighten the toe out which should make it so it will not be constantly irritated. Fortunately it can be done with a local anesthetic and will only take 10 or 15 minutes. He will be home that day. So it is what we call good news today. When we got home I had a message to call my Dr. to review my blood work. It sounds like some cholesterol problems which I have never had before. Time to behave myself!! I will call him tomorrow.

Sandy -- Thanks so much for prayers. I have said a few words for you as well. I hope the therapy will be the ticket for you.

We did a little bit of shopping today. We bought Neil a new TV for his room at the Group Home. He will be so excited. He will likely want to go home immediately!! I have some more shopping to do but I am getting there. We are back in the city tomorrow for another Dr. appt. ( neurologist this time) so will likely hit the stores for a bit. This is the only time of year that I really enjoy shopping. I love the Christmas music playing and most people are happy.

Thinking of you all. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning,
    goodmorning.gif