may 16 MFP runner's club

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
Good morning beautiful people!!

I'm taking today off and it's also my planned cheat day (woohoo!). This has been a good week for me. I've run 23k so far and still have a run scheduled for Saturday. I'm kicking some Canadian *kitten*!!

I normally do some form of exercise on my cheat day but my body feels tired (lazy) this morning. So, I'm hoping to read some motivating posts throughout the day and maybe, just maybe I'll so something.

Come on people, show me what you got!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Mireille
    Options
    Good morning beautiful people!!

I'm taking today off and it's also my planned cheat day (woohoo!). This has been a good week for me. I've run 23k so far and still have a run scheduled for Saturday. I'm kicking some Canadian *kitten*!!

I normally do some form of exercise on my cheat day but my body feels tired (lazy) this morning. So, I'm hoping to read some motivating posts throughout the day and maybe, just maybe I'll so something.

Come on people, show me what you got!!

• zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    After my appointment this morning I plan to get my 5.5 miles in. We will see?

zen :tongue:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Ok...here I sit on the couch in my running shorts and jersey, running shoes on and tied, HM on and ready to begin... unfortunately, the weight in my rearend seems to have glued me to the cushion and my mind can't overcome the enormous pull of gravity!! I really am going to get moving here, I have just been sick the last couple of days with a nasty stomach cramping and the wonderful side effects that come along with those symptoms!:noway I am totally afraid that if I go running I will be half way in my run and suddenly have loose bowel syndrome!! UGH!!!

If I don't report back sometime today stating that I ran at least 3 miles at a maximum of 9 min/miles then you all need to gang up on me!!! That will motivate me!

thanks!
    22896.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • samccarthy
    samccarthy Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm new here--just discovered your board and hope you won't mind another joining in. I just started running about 2 months ago. I started out running intervals on the treadmill for a few weeks (walk 90 sec, run 30 sec). The first day I ran 30 min straight was such a victory!! Then I started running 4 and 4.5 miles. For a 44 year old woman who has never run that far--not bad!! This week--Mon, I ran 4 miles, Wed I ran 4.5 miles and today I wanted to do something different (I do yoga on Tue and Thurs). So I decided to run intervals. I did 2 min at 6.0 mph, then 1 min at 7.0 mph for 30 min. I didn't think I was going to be able to finish, but I made it!!! I am very lucky to have a fitness center at work, so I can work out in the morning before I start my job. My husband and daughters gave me an iPod for mother's day and that has really helped keep my motivated. Anyway, sorry this is so long but I wanted to give you the background. I hope to check in with you folks regularly.

Sheryl
  • squankish
    squankish Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ok...here I sit on the couch in my running shorts and jersey, running shoes on and tied, HM on and ready to begin... unfortunately, the weight in my rearend seems to have glued me to the cushion and my mind can't overcome the enormous pull of gravity!! I really am going to get moving here, I have just been sick the last couple of days with a nasty stomach cramping and the wonderful side effects that come along with those symptoms!:noway I am totally afraid that if I go running I will be half way in my run and suddenly have loose bowel syndrome!! UGH!!!

If I don't report back sometime today stating that I ran at least 3 miles at a maximum of 9 min/miles then you all need to gang up on me!!! That will motivate me!

thanks!
    22896.png

ahh I know how you feel!! lately whenever I run I start to feel sick a mile in... rrr :grumble: oh and then usually I have to pee ??? anyway, good luck today! you can do it!! I'm going to go running with my little brother at 8 hopefully and I walked 5 miles with my dad this morning, so my day is starting off good. I'll work up to 3 miles in a row I guess. So far it's just 2 for me.:wink:
  • Mireille
    Options

thanks!
    22896.png

This is too funny!!
    I hear ya', after having a stomach bug, it's hard to get back. Look at this this way, if you do have to use the washroom while running, you'll run even faster and break the amazing 9min/miles. lol
    Run girl, run!!!

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Goooooood morning my fellow psychos!!!

Yesterday was my cheat* day so this morning I woke up early & did a Cardio-Max dvd. Woo-Hoo! I'm chaperoning my 7-year-old's field trip today :noway: :noway: so glad I got a work out in. I'm sure after a day with 20 1st graders, I'll come home, lay in the fetal position in a corner with my bankie for the rest of the night. :sick:

Kick some butt today, r/clubbers!! :drinker:

*cheat - day of sloth & gluttoney. :grumble:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I didn't run yesterday.. was out running errands most of the day but I will do it today.... Te lo prometo!! (I promise!!)

have a good run everyone!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    It's going to be 71 here today!!!! Perfect running weaher for me. I usually run in the mornings but had to help with a PTA "breakfast"(I use the term loosely-they served doughnuts:sick: and fruit) at school this morning, I'll run after work today when the temp will be at an ideal level for me:smile: I will do 6 miles for sure today:drinker:
    Hoping today is better than yesterday. HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!
  • Mireille
    Options
    I'm new here--just discovered your board and hope you won't mind another joining in. I just started running about 2 months ago. I started out running intervals on the treadmill for a few weeks (walk 90 sec, run 30 sec). The first day I ran 30 min straight was such a victory!! Then I started running 4 and 4.5 miles. For a 44 year old woman who has never run that far--not bad!! This week--Mon, I ran 4 miles, Wed I ran 4.5 miles and today I wanted to do something different (I do yoga on Tue and Thurs). So I decided to run intervals. I did 2 min at 6.0 mph, then 1 min at 7.0 mph for 30 min. I didn't think I was going to be able to finish, but I made it!!! I am very lucky to have a fitness center at work, so I can work out in the morning before I start my job. My husband and daughters gave me an iPod for mother's day and that has really helped keep my motivated. Anyway, sorry this is so long but I wanted to give you the background. I hope to check in with you folks regularly.

Sheryl

Welcome to the club!!
    Congrats on your hard work on the treadmill. Running intervals isn't easy and you are doing great!!

Come see us anytime you wanna brag and we'll cheer you on!!

Warning, we are a little crazy, nerdy and a little obsessed at times. Don't be afraid!! lol
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you're all having a good day! Hubby's off work today so I went running OUTSIDE! Went 4.3 miles in 45 min. (a little over a 10 min. mile). I guess it could have been worse. Gotta get in the shower and get on with my day!

Julie
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    well!!! my boy woke up at 5 am!! for the day so no running today....I will try tonight if its not raining out too bad....did tae bo last night instead....I love it and all...but omg I LOVE TO RUN!!! and outside...there is nothing like it!

hugs! and great job you guys!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    HEY EVERYONE!!!

today is my day from H-E- double hockey sticks! This will probably be my only post today due to very hectic work schedule and GIRLS NITE OUT!!! Yippee!!

tomorrow am is my long run day. and then DH and I are going shopping - without kids!! :drinker:

I will check in with y'all tomorrow afternoon. Have a great night - stay motivated !!!!

xxoo
    Tricia :heart:

p.s. ALI LOVE THE NEW PIC!!! SBSP is my hero!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody. I just wanted to check in quickly. I just finished my 5 miles on the treadmill. You guys totally got to me! I just kept thinking about how I was gonna come down and post my workout and I didn't want to be :blushing: about my distance, so I just kept going!

Happy Friday to all!! With my calories I just earned, I may indulge in some chardonnay tonight!!:drinker:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I can't jog today. I have to give my left leg a break. :sad:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    I can't jog today. I have to give my left leg a break. :sad:
    Hey Lina, Did you see my post yesterday about the shoes????:flowerforyou:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Welcome Sam! Sorry, I shortened your handle because I couldn't remember it! :tongue:

Doing intervals, I think, is the best way to start running! You just keep increasing your time on the run and less on the walk! 30 minutes is a great amount of running time for beginning!!!!!

OK...so....I managed to lift my fat rear off the couch this morning and run. I tried very hard to think up an excuse...phone kept ringing, it was damp and wet outside, my asthma acts up in this type of weather, I have dishes to do, laundry that is crowding my closet floor....although I thought they all were pretty impressive not one worked! Plus I knew that some of you were going to honor my request of chewing me out if I didn't leverage the cushion from my *kitten*!!!!

I was not able to achieve a 9 min mile average but I did extend the run to 4.5 miles. I thought that was fair enough. I ended up running it in 44 minutes. Oh well. I will get back there. Now the best part, 540 calories earned (according to my Polar HM) and I think I will have a glass of wine...no, I skipped lunch....make it TWO!!!!!!!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I am gonna only do a couple miles today with the poochie. He will make sure I dont slow my rear down!!! He is gonna be my little red personal traner or my "pace dog" I need a good run to blow off steam after a crappy day at work and a bad hockey game last night blah blah blah!!! AND its raining!!! I hate this!!! But a nice run will chipper me right up
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    and I think I will have a glass of wine...no, I skipped lunch....make it TWO!!!!!!!!

:laugh: I like the way you think! Great going!

Looks like there were several of you that put the miles in! Great going to one & all!! :drinker:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Welco

I was not able to achieve a 9 min mile average but I did extend the run to 4.5 miles. I thought that was fair enough. I ended up running it in 44 minutes. Oh well. I will get back there. Now the best part, 540 calories earned (according to my Polar HM) and I think I will have a glass of wine...no, I skipped lunch....make it TWO!!!!!!!!

Whoop, whoop!! Wow. Way to go on your time! As for the wine.....you skipped lunch? Only two glasses? :noway: :drinker: :drinker: