may 16 MFP runner's club

Options
2»

Replies

• buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    You know Pam...you have made me see the error in my thinking. I really appreciate that. To truly use up all those calories I should probably extend myself to 2.5 glasses. YIKES...I will be slap happy, but I will do it and realize I am taking one for the team. That's just the kind of team player I am!!:laugh:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    ok i did my short run 25 minutes and lemme say I am running sans canine next time. He was likea kid. He was so fascinated by everything around him and wanted top run in directions that I did not. So pulling him back was a strength workout in itself!!!! Tommorrow will be a better hopefully DRY day!!! Feels like I am in Seattle, blah!!!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Well, today is my day off running so I went to the gym and did some strenght training.

I did run 3 miles yesterday, which I'm very proud of cause it's the furthest I've gone so far. 3 down 10 more to go for my half marathon.

There's a 5 mile run tomorrow morning for a festival they have in my home town.... I'm toying with the idea of doing it. It would be the longest I've gone, but the course is pretty flat and it supposed to be a gorgeous day...
  • dogwdots
    dogwdots Posts: 146
    Options
    It's going to be 71 here today!!!! Perfect running weaher for me. I usually run in the mornings but had to help with a PTA "breakfast"(I use the term loosely-they served doughnuts:sick: and fruit) at school this morning, I'll run after work today when the temp will be at an ideal level for me:smile: I will do 6 miles for sure today:drinker:
    Hoping today is better than yesterday. HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!

71 !! So lucky we are 105 today!! No outside exercise for me. Hey did anyone hear that Nike is going to sponsor a 10K Human Race on Aug 31? It is a worlwide event - they are going to try to get 1 million runners to run on the same day.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    It's going to be 71 here today!!!! Perfect running weaher for me. I usually run in the mornings but had to help with a PTA "breakfast"(I use the term loosely-they served doughnuts:sick: and fruit) at school this morning, I'll run after work today when the temp will be at an ideal level for me:smile: I will do 6 miles for sure today:drinker:

71 !! So lucky we are 105 today!! No outside exercise for me. Hey did anyone hear that Nike is going to sponsor a 10K Human Race on Aug 31? It is a worlwide event - they are going to try to get 1 million runners to run on the same day.

So what you are saying is it is gonna be in all cities??? My city best do it, or even if I have to go to somewhere within 2 hours I will do it. Road trip!!! But Im sure here in da burgh we will have one.
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    On my way out the door to do my 6-Ipod is fully charged, it's warm and sunny!!!! SWEET!!! Now if I can just get the kids to stop arguing, life would be zen:laugh:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    It's downpouring now ugh!!!
    kept thinking it would slow down....MAN!!!!

I guess the stupid tae bo ro cardio jam it is....sigh....I WANT TO RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay feel better gettin that off my chest...great job and good luck y'all!!!

hugs!
    Ali
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

Talk about addicted! I found time to post inbetween my hectic appointments today - I just missed you guys sooooooo much!!! Had to see what everyone was doing!

This Human Race sounds like a total blast! anyone googled it yet? I don't have time for anything else but to say hi to all my running buddies - now back to work!! :cry:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I actually am going to do the Tufts 10k this year in October is a woman's health race...so fun!!!

I want to try for August now and do this one!!! ...IF I can ever get out and train LOL....

hugs!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I actually am going to do the Tufts 10k this year in October is a woman's health race...so fun!!!

I want to try for August now and do this one!!! ...IF I can ever get out and train LOL....

hugs!

All I am hearing from you girl is excuses, excuses, excuses.... SHUN ON until your Run 1 mile!! :laugh:

LOL! ROFL!! LMBO!!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Well, I didn't get any exercise in today. I went out for dinner with my girls and my oldest threw up in the van on the way home. :sick:
    So, I've finished bathing my girls put them to bed and now I'm going to fold my laundry.

Hopefully she will feel better tomorrow cuz I've got a teenager to come over tomorrow so I can do my run. If she's still sick, I won't be able to get out.

Have a great night everyone, I'm signing out!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOOO!!

I ran three 8-9 minute miles today with a few minutes walking in between each. The humidity was way done today which made it seem like a breeze. It was awesome! Houston humidity is such a drag. :sick:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOOO!!

I ran three 8-9 minute miles today with a few minutes walking in between each. The humidity was way done today which made it seem like a breeze. It was awesome! Houston humidity is such a drag. :sick:

{{assuming Wayne & Garth - "I'm not worthy pose"}} That's freaking great!!! Good job!!!! :drinker: