150 calories left, and it's only 1:30 pm!

2»

Replies

• Ssminey79
    Ssminey79 Posts: 49 Member
    Hey there-I am also a music teacher (get to work before the sun rises and leaves long after it has set), but I know I have to work out. I am also a vegetarian and I always make sure to eat some sort of protein in the morning...that is my saving grace. I make quiche-a lot-usually a crustless quiche with skim milk. Then, if I get hungry before lunch, I have about six almonds and a piece of string cheese to tide me over. If know it is going to be a long day, I take my workout clothes with me so I can head straight to they gym.

Make sure that you are drinking plenty of water too.

Good luck!
  • feds
    feds Posts: 4
    go for a walk or move!!!!! also drink lots of water sometimes you think your hungry but really your thirsty!
  • landry1
    landry1 Posts: 58 Member
    Eating egg whites only is like taking a multivitamin, cutting it in half, taking it and saying you took a whole vitamin. Most of the beneficial nutrients in an egg are in the yolk, and 2 whole eggs a day has been shown to have no adverse affects on bad cholesterol levels in people who already have normal cholesterol levels to start.

I feel like a broken record, as I've said this in at least 3 other threads today, but you need to plan out your day ahead of time. Eventually you'll get the hang of it and be able to not plan every single thing every day, but for now you need to sit down the night before and plan every single thing you're going to eat, including actual amounts of everything. Once you have all of your meals planned out, plan the times you'll eat.

Now just follow the plan.

Don't add anything extra during the day. Yeah, you might be really hungry sometimes. You'll get used to it, and your metabolism will slow down just a little, making it easier to stay under your daily numbers. Remember, you've already been eating when you're hungry, and it hasn't worked for you. Having a plan will also make it easier to push through the times when you're hungry.

There are other tricks too. For me, I found avoiding carbs earlier in the day and trying to get plenty of proteins and a good amount of fats helped keep me from getting hungry. If I eat carbs, it's usually later in the day, and no, it doesn't matter what time of day you eat your carbs.

If you go over sometimes, don't worry! It'll happen! Every day is a learning experience, and you'll get the hang of it eventually.

so you don't think adding an addition 4 servings a veggies will give you the nutrients that you will miss from the 2 egg yolks?
This discussion has been closed.