If I can do it so can you!!

Options
skidd93
skidd93 Posts: 24 Member
It was back in November of 2013, I was 20 years old at my heaviest 300 pounds. Most of my friends were getting into shape or trying to build muscle, while I was mainly at home playing video games. I knew about my weight but had always find excuses. At that time I considered myself a failure. I am the sorry excuse for a human being. Not only that, but because when I go visit my grandparents in China, I would always get the stares from others. The reason is simple, I was the biggest Chinese person they have ever saw. My grandparents were worried that I will never be able to get married, let alone, even a girlfriend. Not to mention all the health issues. Then on Dec 4, 2013 I decide to face my weight issue. That night while I laid in bed, I asked myself. "Do I want to be a loser forever?" "Do I want to die young?" "Do I really want to waste my life like this.?" The answer was simple "No, I don't." The next morning I began to make plans, exercise and started counting calories.

Anyways, that was 8 months ago. Now looking at myself in the mirror, I will always smile. I know I made the right choice back then. I was glad that I took control of my own future. I can now look at myself and say "I am not a failure anymore; I am the prime example of a success."

I wanted to share my stories hoping it will give those who are or will plan on losing weight, if you really want it, then you can do it. Don't do it for others. Do it for yourself. Of course when you first start, you will feel exhausted, wanting to quit; but think about the results. Whenever you feel like giving up and quitting, think about why you started in the first place.:smile::smile:

Sorry, I don't have a very good picture of me when I was overweight. I was very sensitive to having my photo taken at the time.

mjtpio.jpg

1055s1f.jpg

Replies

• Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    AMAZING JOB! Well done.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! :drinker:
  • epadmeister
    epadmeister Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My goodness, you look like a different person! So handsome too :bigsmile: :blushing:

You are a great inspiration to those who are always looking for "the right time to lose weight"... you just got up one morning and hit the floor running without looking back! You should be incredibly proud of yourself. Well done! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    do you think your weight gain came from all these American fast food places?. I know you said you were Chinese and forgive my ignorance but it seems all of your culture is skinny. Probably your grandparents and those over in China are skinny. What do you think and congrats on all the weight loss! what a big difference,look great!
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW FANTASTIC results. Thanks for sharing your story. :smile:
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thanks for sharing, you look great.
  • Brinray
    Brinray Posts: 20
    Options
    Wow! Is that even the same guy? You look amazing!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look great! Congrats! :)
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    That really motivates me. You look fabulous!
  • focusedonfitness2015
    focusedonfitness2015 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    WOW! Fantastic story and you look amazing! Well done!
  • emily889
    emily889 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    That is awesome and inspiring!! I just had that little talk with myself a couple of days ago too, hope I have as much success. You are so dang cute too! :wink:
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    great Job! Good for you for making that decision and sticking to it!
  • mandyosetti
    mandyosetti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing. You're an inspiration to us all.
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Awesome man!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :love:
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That is an epic makeover! Thank you so much for posting your story.
  • skidd93
    skidd93 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!

@brenn24179 - Yes, 95% of the people in China or Chinese in general are skinny. I was born and raised in America, enjoying fast food and junk food so that could have some impact on me. But remember this, if you have self-control, it doesn't matter where you live or what you eat. You can always stay in shape.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!