Am I seriously the only guy on here? LOL

Options
I'm sitting at 250lbs right now. Want to get down to 190 or so. I started watching what I ate calorie wise about a month ago. Just found this app for my android phone, and seems like a pretty easy way to keep track! So far, I'm down 14lbs and haven't struggled at all. Just paying more attention to what I shovel in my mouth. Here's some pics of me where I am right now.

00002-6.jpg

00003-4.jpg

00010-2.jpg

Replies

• MarieS1967
    MarieS1967 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    No you are not the only guy on here. However, you are the only one I have seen with full length pictures. You are ok! And you are doing good with your weight loss - men seem to have it easier anyway. You naturally have more muscle.

Keep it up and want to see the follow up pictures!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Yes you are the only guy. Behave. :laugh:
  • JAGWIRE13579
    Options
    I think I saw one other man so that makes 2 ;) good job, hope for you continued success.
  • Craig772
    Craig772 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Nope, I am a guy and I am here.

Glad to see you're doing well. Keep up the good work and it'll pay off.
  • Craig772
    Options
    Oh there is a woman around here but she's really a man but that's whole other thread. Something to do with profile settings.
  • lukemorehouse
    Options
    Sounds pretty good. Are you getting any exercise in at all. You will speed up your losses if u do basic weight training as well... I'm actually on a road to do the opposite of what you are doing...gain muscle so I use this to make sure I'm eating enough. But to answer your question, nope...not the only guy...lol
  • Fitzpoppa
    Options
    Awesome work brother. I started this adventure myself about a year ago and i been doing the same thing. Being careful about what goes in. Except for this turkey week. I failed miserably.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    No, you aren't!

Good luck on your journey. I've definitely found controlling and changing my weight much easier with the help of the features on this site.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    There`s a few of us about, but we like to keep a low profile :tongue: Welcome and good luck :smile:
  • ragedracer1977
    ragedracer1977 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nope, I am a guy and I am here.

Glad to see you're doing well. Keep up the good work and it'll pay off.

Phew! This is what I posted on another forum I'm a member of a little while back and it holds true today...

I'm in reasonable shape, stamina wise, but I've got about 70lbs I'd really like to get rid of. I walk 5-10 miles most weekends in the desert chasing small game. I don't have a problem hiking, etc. I can play a 30 minute full-court basketball game and be winded, but not dead. I don't work in an office, I'm self-employed, and manual labor is my thing. I climb ladders, dig holes, carry heavy stuff, etc etc. Muscle/stamina is not really an issue, I'd just like to get rid of the damn fat. I'm 33 years old, weigh 265. In high school I was around 190. I'd like to get back to that weight.

I've never really been careful with my diet, and I know that's the problem. I know I'm thinking about this at the worst possible time of year, but I'm ready. I'm not averse to exercise, but it seems like no matter how much physical activity I do, my weight is pretty constant. I've been within 5lbs of where I am right now for probably 3-5 years. In other words, I know my diet is the major issue. I like to eat. I enjoy food. And I've told myself for a long time "who cares if I'm a little chunky, food's yummy!". Well, I'm kinda sick of telling myself that. I'm getting to the point, age wise, if I don't rope it in and make some changes, I'm going to end up a lot bigger than I am as my physical activities slow down.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Nope, seen quite a few around!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I have 5 guys on my friends list. Still, you're a minority. Don't push it! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    There are MANY men. Some are friends of mine here - one is my brother!
  • Patrieka
    Options
    No. I am but it has me listed as a girl, try that one!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    There are a couple other guys on here....
  • ironmule2042
    Options
    You are not alone...
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    My hubby is on here but has no friends. Not sure if he doesn't want any or what but as far as I know I am the only one that has friended him.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Keep it up!
  • Craig772
    Options
    I think we're going to have to start a men only thread. Talk about man things like... er........ :drinker:
  • keithinphilly
    Options
    me too, lol. another guy,,, keep gtr8 work , i lost 48 pounds from finding this site in 7 months ago, went from 38 waist to a 32, woot woot!!, i log on 1st thing is morning, welcome aboard !!!