poll: Do you log all food and beverage consumption?

Options

Replies

• mvg421
    mvg421 Posts: 27
    Options
    For the most part but I eat pretty much the same things every day so it's not that hard.
  • UsernameisNick
    Options
    I log everything. It helps keep me motivated.
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    don't see the point of doing it if it's not complete...
  • Jimmy_Rhythm
    Jimmy_Rhythm Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I log everything, but approximate on many things. For example, I occasionally get lunch from a local Chinese restaurant. When I go to log the meal, there are several options for, say, Pepper Steak or Egg Roll, most with varying nutritional info. I usually choose the "generic" or"homemade" option if available,but how accurate it is is anybody's guess.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    When I actually log... I log everything... Now if only I would consistantly log... perhaps then I wouldn't have trouble losing.
  • marciaholland77
    marciaholland77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't log my diet drinks....Everything else....yes
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I track all of it.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. but I know I have to log everything to stay accurate on my calorie consumption
  • mylovelyremedy
    Options
    Sometimes I'll pull a grape or two from the refrigerator when I open it up and look at what is inside, and I'll happily eat it without logging it, I mean, it's one or two grapes. I probably burned those calories off from walking to the kitchen and back.

If I keep doing that all day, I'll log at the end of the day that I had a full serving of grapes. A cup and a half of grapes is about 90 calories (according to the brands that I buy) and it really can add up if you don't pay attention.

The bored eating is definitely something I've been working on, though.
    But I just don't see it as TOO much of a problem. :)
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I log all food, unless I'm at a buffet. I then use quick calories and overestimate intentionally (3,000-4,000 calories). I do not log my diet coke or coffee or tea or water because 1-4 calories won't make a difference in my day.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am in a different place than you, I don't need to lose weight anymore.

No I don't log everything. I don't log all the coffee or tea I drink... but I do approximate my water intake. I don't log spices, artificial sweetener, zero calorie cooking oil, or condiments. I don't measure my food... why be exact when food labels are not exact... proven fact that food labels are only an approximation. The FDA only regulates content of food labels to a given % of accuracy. I make a pot of soup divide the ingredients into four and add them to my diary every day I consume the soup... even if it takes me 5 or six day to finish the pot... for me EVERYTHING is an approximation.

All that said... I log my food every day. It is how I don't over-eat and monitor my protein and sugar intake... not to mention, logging helps me to "not forget" that I had that bowl of soup or extra toast in the morning.

Whatever works is my motto!

This has worked for me and helped me achieve and maintain my weight loss. I obsess enough about everything I eat, if I weighed and measured my food for every meal I think my mind would explode!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Everything I eat and drink, every day.

This.

Even if I have tea and a small fortune cookie (30 cal snack) I log it.
  • rachelliptic
    rachelliptic Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I try and do EVERYTHING and often overestimate hard-to-log items like restaurant meals. Even when I binge on crap that I'd be embarrassed for my IRL friends to know, I log it here. And in some strange way it makes me feel better!
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I want to be as accountable and accurate as I possibly can.
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yes. Hold yourself accountable. the point of the diary, right?!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I try :blushing:
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Yes, because I have macro goals I need to meet each day and this is the tool I use to do so.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I log all food but am lax logging black coffee and water.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    At the beginning, yes. Now, not so much. Being primarily in maintenance mode (there are a few vanity pounds left), I can't be bothered to weigh and measure each and every thing.
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this --- I learned a few things reading all the replies. I log most everything, but not water, vitamins, and small amounts of vegetables. I have a food scale and that really helps with accuracy.