poll: Do you log all food and beverage consumption?

Options

Replies

• prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I log but its not accurate
  • Lynettehaynes
    Options
    I log everything....no wonder I am gaining as I am more accountable for what I am eating.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Yes. Everything. Every day.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I log most things.

What I don't log are my zero calories drinks. I know there's sodium, but that's not something I track because I don't have a need to track it. Or spices. I don't know why, likely because when cooking I never know how much to use and I think if I measured my dfood would taste funky.

I have to approximate if I'm out and about, but I recently got a food scale for at home so I'm getting more and more accurate as I learn.

I try to log every day. If I don't log on here because I have no access, I have a daily planner that I write down in.
  • VickiLynn1101
    VickiLynn1101 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat and drink. I want to get an accurate picture of were my calories and fat come from. As well as make sure I increase my fiber and protein.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    I log everything, every day.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I log everything.
  • serafinelaveaux
    serafinelaveaux Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I log all food. I don't bother with beverage because the only thing I drink is iced tea. I might have a diet DP once a month, don't log that either. But food, yeah, down to the last chiccarone.
  • BowHunter1967
    BowHunter1967 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I log all food and beverage intake as accurately as possible. I use a food scale when I can. I even came up with a system to make sure (or attempt) to get all 8 cups of water in during my day.

I log Cardio (morning and afternoon). But I do NOT log all of my weight room exercises because it became tedious, plus I change it up a lot; "Ain't nobody got time fo dat"...
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Food...yes

Beverages only soda pop, which I drink a Zero or Max but the reason I log them is to know when I've had one, so I know if my sugar (diabetes) goes off target so I can see what did I drink or eat differently that day.

I very rarely drink anything but water now. I count my coffee when I have one, which is about 3 maybe 4 times a week, because it has calories.
  • jasmang
    jasmang Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do, but only because I don't have a good concept of what I'm taking in unless I'm really careful about it. Before I started logging I didn't realize I was eating too much and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing weight. But if you're still achieving your goals then do whatever works for you! Maybe if you plateau you could start to be a little more careful.
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I used to.... but after 850+ days I tend to miss logging my dinner.
    I also tend to miss logging my beer/alchy... however I do track it when I am drinking it to stay in calories.
  • Eoghann
    Eoghann Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I log everything but I weigh nothing and there are lots of approximations.

For me the purpose of the logging is simply to be aware of what and how often I'm eating. I don't give a toss about accountability or if anyone else approves of my food choices.

The approximations may become a bit more of an issue now that I only have a few pounds left to lose, but there are easy ways to address that should I stall without radically changing what has worked so well.
  • arnostbilej
    Options
    What is the point of logging if you're not going to be accurate? You might as well just keep a running total in your head. The way I look at it, you either log accurately or go home (along the lines of you either lift heavy or go home) :) Cheating on your log only means you're cheating yourself and no one else.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I log everything but I weigh nothing and there are lots of approximations.

For me the purpose of the logging is simply to be aware of what and how often I'm eating.

That's how I log, too, and always have through both weight loss and maintenance. And it's worked. It keeps me aware of my portions and nutrition without being burdensome, which is why I've been able to keep it up for so long.

I've been maintaining for almost two years now, so at this point I frequently give myself the weekends off from logging food, although I continue to log exercise. If I find my weight creeping out of my maintenance zone, I go back to logging 7 days a week.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    SO since it sounds like 99% percent of people log in foods, Do you feel like you are truly changing your eating lifestyle? Ten years from now are you still gonna be weighing out food and logging because it is what you do to maintain your weight.
  • thepandapost
    thepandapost Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If it has calories, I log it. So things like unsweetened tea and water, I don.t (Although according to Google unsweetened tea has 2 calories in it per mug :sad: )
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    EH, I tend not to go back and put in my midnight snack. I'm a terrible person. Honestly, I so rarely drink anything with sugar or calories, I forget to log when I do because I'm just not used to logging beverages.

Did not know that about the tea. I have a couple cups of decaf a day.

I'm maintaining now, but I have a tendency to get out of hand if I don't track. I don;t weigh and measure and I use my dairy as a guesstimate and more for my macros which are more important to me than my average calories.
  • thepandapost
    thepandapost Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    SO since it sounds like 99% percent of people log in foods, Do you feel like you are truly changing your eating lifestyle? Ten years from now are you still gonna be weighing out food and logging because it is what you do to maintain your weight.

Yes, because if I don't I gain weight and that makes me a sad panda. I started my "health journey" 11 years ago and the times I didn't monitor, I gained. I am SO OVER the lose/gain cycle so logging in everyday doesn't really bother me anyways.