17 Day Diet Book

Options
Hey..I just watched Dr Phil and they were talking about the 17 day diet. I went on the website and ordered the book. Has anyone done it and seen results? Or heard anything about it? Thanks!

Replies

• FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    This is a fairly new book... haven't heard anything about it yet.
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I saw that Dr. Phil too! I was wondering about the book as well. Let me know if you like it.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    This is a fairly new book... haven't heard anything about it yet.

What did Dr.Phil say about it!? I am def interested in this!
  • qtwells82
    Options
    Sounds interesting!
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    http://www.weightloss-hq.biz/weight-loss-reviews/17-day-diet.html

Why Fasting does not Work for Long Term Weight Loss

Most people will try to lose weight fast by not eating. When you try to lose weight this way, your body goes into starvation mode. While you will likely decrease your calories and will reduce your weight for a short time, you are slowing down your metabolism.

When you starve your body and slow down your metabolism, your body will store anything you eat because it will expect that you will starve it again. Eventually, this will lead to weight gain rather than weight loss. This is why it is important to speed up your metabolism by eating.
    How the 17 Day Diet Works

According to Dr. Moreno, this diet plan works by confusing your metabolism. It does this through four cycles of altering the amounts of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats you eat every few days. Each cycle has a different goal. The four cycles are:

1. Accelerate – This cycle promotes fat burning, cleansing, and quick weight loss without storing fat.
    2. Activate – This cycle resets your metabolism.
    3. Achieve – This cycle teaches you good eating habits and shows you how to eat carbs the right way.
    4. Arrive – This cycle combines the first three cycles.

Why Clean Eating?

This diet plan promotes clean eating, which includes avoiding sugar, process foods, and other unhealthy foods. Eating clean can not only help you lose weight, but it can completely change your life. Eating clean can be the hardest part of the entire diet plan because eliminating the foods you love can sometimes simply be too hard to do. The 17 day diet plan will give you tips on how to make this transition easier.

If eating clean is so difficult, then why is it important? Basically, the phrase “you are what you eat” comes into play. When you eat junk and processed food the majority of the time, your body suffers. When you decide to eat whole, natural foods, such as: fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and complex carbohydrates, your body thrives.

Some basic guidelines to practice when eating clean include:

* Eliminate refined sugar
    * Make healthy choices
    * Eliminate alcoholic beverages
    * Eat breakfast every morning
    * Eliminate processed foods
    * Increase water intake
    * Increase natural food intake

The book also promotes exercise. For continued success at losing weight, you will want to follow the 17 minute exercise plan daily.

While losing weight at a fast pace has not always been the best avenue to take for long term weight loss, this diet plan actually tackles the obstacles of losing weight fast by “confusing” your metabolism.

The great news is you can eat the foods you love on the weekends with the 17 Day Diet. This diet plan can work for long term weight loss if you continue to follow the plan throughout the year. You will not find this book in stores. The 17 Day Diet can only be purchased through its website.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    They had a big thing on it yesterday on the Doctor's show. Had the guy who wrote it and some people who tried it.

It sounds like the book "Eat Clean Diet" kind of almost a rip off. I know she was the fist and Tosca Reno is the best when it comes to clean eating.
  • sunflower0022
    sunflower0022 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I want to try it.. Dr Phil never really suggests any diets, but he did like this one quite a bit.. it may be worth a try.. let me know how you like it!!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    .I am interested how it is. I saw it as well. I eat pretty much what he showed on the the show. Interested what other things he reccomends let me know I am considering getting it. THanks
  • faithNlove212
    faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I saw this also on The Doctors & the before & after of the people who did it. I found the book on amazon for cheap.
  • rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I"m interested too, but I'm wondering how long it will take to actually get the book? I live in Canada, and it would be nice to get it so I could do it before Christmas, but I dont think that would be possible.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Im totally getting this book!
  • rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    ok, I went and ordered it...I also got the rush order and paid for the extra shipping.....it probably wont arrive until next week some time...might not have enough days before Christmas Eve...so if I start this, what am I suppose to do when I have a Christmas party to go to? I guess I will just follow the plan and when I have a party to go to I'll just do my normal thing...but after the New Year I'm going to do it exactly as planned...a great way to start the New Year...get you back on your feet again after the holidays!!

I hope it's good...I always buy these diet books and never follow through with them!
    Wish me luck!!
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    From what I could find out, it looks like the Eat Clean Diet but on a 17 day schedule with rotating a variety of unprocessed food, and no preservatices or refined sugar.

My thought is that you could just follow the 6 small meals a day plan and eat clean, just change up your food every few weeks so you don't get bored.

People can be very clever with advertising.
  • laroysha65
    Options
    My husband and I started this diet on January 3, 2011. I have lost 2.6 pounds. It is fairly easy to follow. The recipes are easy to make and are quite delicious. He is a closet smoker and have shared that smoking is nasty. I cheated with a piece of chocolate and it left a bad aftertaste.... I am a sugarholic and am experiencing withdrawals as there is no sugar allowed!!!!! :noway: Anyone else trying leet me know........
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    From what I could find out, it looks like the Eat Clean Diet but on a 17 day schedule with rotating a variety of unprocessed food, and no preservatices or refined sugar.

My thought is that you could just follow the 6 small meals a day plan and eat clean, just change up your food every few weeks so you don't get bored.

People can be very clever with advertising.

Ditto!!!! I got off track over the holidays and started over Jan. 3rd. Through good old-fashioned clean eating and exercise, I am down 4 lbs in 4 days. No big secrets or tricks to losing weight. Just common sense. That's how I lost the first 60 and I'm going to lose the last 60 (technically now 56!!!!!) I can see where books and tools like this would help someone just starting out but yet it all comes down to making common sense choices and moving more. Just my opinion :)
  • AshPolette717
    Options
    The Doctors show it all the time on there show too! They started a challenge with 10 people just this morning! Has anyone tried the diet yet?
  • ajgus
    ajgus Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the info Iam waiting for my book I cant will start clean eatingnday I wait to get started.
    Monday I am jus tgoing to start clean eating.
  • laroysha65
    Options
    Ok, so Day 6 and have lost 2.8 pounds. My husband has not weighed yet.
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am on the 17 day diet and on day 16 now. I really like it!
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    How is everyone else doing? So far I am loving this diet. I'm just beginning day 5 of the first cycle and am down 5 pounds already! I normally don't 'do' diet books but lately I've become such a junk food junkie over the holidays, that I thought I could use some serious structure. :ohwell: Can't wait till the next cycle to add in some whole grains. :love: