sad- plz dont bash me

Options
124»

Replies

• mrssaver
    mrssaver Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i can't count the number of times I fell off the wagon. but I guess the point is that I keep getting back on it. Trust me you are surrounded by a ton of people just like you.
  • ChristineMeg1
    Options
    I would hope no one is here to bash you, that's really sad. But, as previous posters said, it's common to lose, gain, lose. We aren't celebrities with trainers around us all of the time to tell us precisely what to eat, and life happens. I was doing good at maintaining my weight, and then I got married, bought a house, started school . . . . it happens. I gained the weight back. Now I am working on losing it, and will probably use MFP pretty faithfully because it gives me a good idea of what I am eating to help keep me on track. Hang in there.
  • imilan
    imilan Posts: 16
    Options
    I can totally relate as I have the same journey. We have a long way to go but. Just have to focus on small goals and keep at it. You can do it!
  • Fabfitgirl5
    Fabfitgirl5 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. I actually have a trainer now and it seems that although I am working out with him 2x a week and a class 1x a week and playing tennis one day a week I am actually gaining weight! It is frustrating enough to make you want to quit.

You should look at it as a journey- which I know you already know- but you should also set incremental goals for yourself. Most experts say aim for 10% of your body weight and set a goal, like 3 months. If 10% is lets say 25 lbs. then set that goal and because it is a high number give yourself 4-6 months to loose it. Then start again. it will become easier as your weight decreases because the percentage goes down but the intensity and dedication should remain.

Before you know it you will be down half of your goal with in 8-12 months and that would be something to celebrate!

Good luck and keep at it!
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Don't think about the total you have to lose - focus on something smaller like 10lb.
    Don't dwell on how far you have to go, remember how far you have come.

Agreed. I have 170 lbs to lose. And I've lost and gained, lost and gained. Losing weight is clearly an important goal to you or else you wouldn't have come back to MFP. It takes time and patience. Since you've tried this before you should take a few minutes to really think about what worked for you the last time and what didn't. This might help you both enjoy the process of losing weight and keep it off in the long term.
  • Keto_Kueen
    Keto_Kueen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Omg how cud anyone bash u???
    We r all in a similar boat!
    Ive had a yo yo weight all my life!!
    And I had a baby last yr so dis time around I wanna do it safely and permanently!
    It proves tho dat if u can do it once u can totally do it again! Its just da maintenance part dat dings most of us!
    I have 60lbs to lose and im overwhelmed but like a lot of da ppl said, small baby steps. Im doin a lifestyle change, so dis way I dont get tired n give up. I just downloaded mfp n I have great hopes. Wish me luck everyone n pls add me as I need lotssssaaaa support n I love helping others too.
  • CKMillson
    CKMillson Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Its a journey that everyone here is on. We are making changes for the good of our health. Nobody has it perfect, but everyone is perfect in their own unique way. Be easy on yourself, set small realistic goals. Babysteps will get you there and its a lot harder to fall down!
  • lukewind
    lukewind Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Honey I gained back 40lbs of the weight I lost at one point and I spent way too long beating myself up over it. Get back on the horse and know that this time you know the pain of quitting so you will be less likely to do it agin.

I got back on track and lost every single pound I gained back and as of yesterday I am now the lightest I have been in 20 years.

Setbacks are a part of this journey, and you don't fail unless you stop trying!
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    makes me sad that i still have 17 more pounds to go before i get back to the weight i was at the LAST time i started my jouney, and 57 more to get back to where i was when i got off track :( im gonna never to this to myself again.
    that's on top of the 13 i ALREADY lost, then i have to lose another 60 after i get back to where i was. grand total of 130 pounds i need to lose. UGH!!!

I know it's really hard . . . I have 87lbs more to lose before I hit my mid-point milestone. It sucks some day, and you think to yourself is having one {insert your trigger food here} really going to hurt? But if you can't have just one, or portion it properly, you end up eating a whole bunch and then you feel guilty you binger and you figure well today is already shot so might as well eat some more of this and that. And it becomes a cycle - I've been there.

I do know you can do it but you have to want it! And we're all here for that reason: we want it. Somedays, I think to myself I want that bagel, I don't want to be thinking about a bagel, I want to eat it. So I have a bagel. It's really not good for me, but somedays I just want a bagel. I find for myself (I'm a carb-loader for sure) denying myself makes it that much harder and I'm more likely to give up.

Also - look at it this way: if it was a one time deal where you lost all the weight you needed to and knew you'd never put it back on, we wouldn't have great places like this one :) losing weight, exercising, being healthy is a life-long journey and an incredible commitment. It's going to take a while, but hey we have some time right? You didn't gain it over night, and you won't lose it over night either.

Best of luck! You've got this :)
  • monie5903
    monie5903 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Do not be sad. That's why it's called a lifetsyle change/weight loss journey. It takes a while for us to get the hang of it, just like life does. Look at the bright side: you now know the things that don't work!

So have yuor moment today but just know that ff you spend your time beating yourself up, you'll never succeed. Each day is a new day to start over and be better than the last. We support you!!!
  • jwats8
    jwats8 Posts: 112
    Options
    I don't know if it's really the same thing, but I felt the same way every time I quit smoking- I kept going back to right where I was the previous times I had quit. But I learned what works and what doesn't work, and this time I have gone longer than ever before, and I really pray this is the last time I ever quit. I'm making life style changes, not temporary fixes this time!! Best of luck, if I can ever help, I would be happy to!!
  • Missjen87
    Missjen87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Eating "correctly" is a constant, every day struggle for me! Just keep focuses w/ your eye on the end goal!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    It's frustrating, but try not to make yourself feel bad about it, just focus on what you need to do, and look forwards, not back. I agree with setting mini goals too.

I'm trying hard to take my own advice lol. I have a 3 month old baby, and despite my best efforts I gained weight in pregnancy, so here I am again trying to lose it. I was so upset as I lost so much after my 2nd baby, but there's no point me sitting around getting upset about it, I just need to get on with it. I'm setting myself mini goals.