All Male fully clothed yoga

Options

Replies

• logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Topic #1,456 that proves no power on the planet will stop a woman from giving her opinion.
    Sorry. The fact that this was supposed to be locker room humor went totally over my head. You bet I would've left it alone if I'd 'gotten it'. :laugh:

Pesky women and their opinions.
  • logg1e
    Options
    This is what the world needs more of, women being given instructions of when they can and can't comment.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I think If I saw any ad for Yoga that felt it needed to include "Fully Clothed" in the description I'd be leery. My assumption is always that you wear clothes to yoga, so specifically mentioning that would be kind of creepy. Sort of like saying "Yoga, taught by Non-convicted Rapist".
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Sure why not? What's the prob?
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Topic #1,456 that proves no power on the planet will stop a woman from giving her opinion.
    Sorry. The fact that this was supposed to be locker room humor went totally over my head. You bet I would've left it alone if I'd 'gotten it'. :laugh:

When a guy asks other men if they would take a males only yoga class...yeah. Your input is not needed.
    So where is the 'asks other men' part?
  • GetMyAbs
    GetMyAbs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yes i would do yoga, it is very good for you
  • rogerOb1
    rogerOb1 Posts: 318 Member
    Options

When a guy asks other men if they would take a males only yoga class...yeah. Your input is not needed.

Just like if a woman asked other women about taking females only classes I wouldn't have the nerve to think I should pop in and tell women how they're supposed to feel. Sexism works both ways.
    Lol, as if MFP forums are restricted to "needed" comments only.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    The funny thing is I APOLOGIZED and admitted I didn't 'get it'. Which should've been obvious from my response. :laugh:

I see an awful lot of men commenting on 1200 threads when that rec doesn't apply to them. What's the difference?

You post something on an open forum, you get what you get.

And next time put "MEN:" in the subject thread. :indifferent:
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Only if the instructor is Shaolin....
  • logg1e
    Options
    A) It was an open question to a mixed audience. The OP would be reasonable to address their question to one sex only, but they didn't.

B) You can't just "swap the sexes" as that implies an equal footing between the sexes which isn't accurate in terms of cultural, economic, political or social opportunity.

C) I am a woman. I do not require a man's permission to voice an opinion. I am able to choose myself whether it is appropriate. At least, that's true because I am lucky enough to live in a country where this is my right in 2014. Of course not all women do, or have had, this right.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Nice try, seriously impressive. But you don't get to turn this around and try to make it sexist against women now.

Like I said before, it you reverse the gender roles you'd immediately label any man giving his opinion as sexist, and rightfully so. If a woman is asking other women for advice on a woman's only issue it's terrible for some guy to pop in and say how they should all feel.

Same here.

In other, more succinct terms, nobody asked you.

There's only one sexist on this thread, and it's not the OP - maybe you should take the class because it sounds like you could do with the stress release
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    COME ON GUYS THIS SITE IS SUPPOSED TO BE AOBUT SUPPORT AND COOPERATION. LETS STOP ALL THE JUDGEMENT AND HOSTILE RHETORICS.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    The funny thing is I APOLOGIZED and admitted I didn't 'get it'. Which should've been obvious from my response. :laugh:

I see an awful lot of men commenting on 1200 threads when that rec doesn't apply to them. What's the difference?

You post something on an open forum, you get what you get.

And next time put "MEN:" in the subject thread. :indifferent:

"All Male" not clear enough for you?
    I thought it was a legitimate question and since I have yoga experience and since it was rolled onto the second page with no responses, I tossed something out about "why cover up"?

Seriously, if I'd known it was meant to be a "dude, let's peep at chicks in skimpy tops" thread, do you think I would've posted? :laugh: (I go to yoga studios that aren't cheap, where the men are there to practice, not sight-see.)
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I personally would not wish to attend a male-only yoga class or work with a male only teacher.

I love the mix of female and male energies that I am blessed to enjoy in my yoga classes. That is not to say that the Yogi strongman needs the flexibility of the Yogini - not at all; there are stereotypes. A yogini (female) is just as likely to approach a particular pose or sequence with fire and strength and a (male) yogi able to approach another pose which requires calm and giving-in with those qualities.

But where there is a good mix of males and females in a class, those practising become a matrix of energy and you can feel the influences of those around you. I know this sounds a bit New Age and fruity but it has to be experienced to be appreciated and I'm sure similar energies abound in weight lifting rooms - male only domains compared to those where the sexes are more balanced?

I think these subtleties would be lost, even missing, in a single-sex class.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Wow, I guess as a woman, I was too stupid to read instructions and I opened this thread.

Now I'm commenting in it. I must be REALLY stupid.

So glad I had someone to tell me so. :wink:
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Wow, I guess as a woman, I was too stupid to read instructions and I opened this thread.

Now I'm commenting in it. I must be REALLY stupid.

So glad I had someone to tell me so. :wink:

I would be interested to hear your point to this thread if you would like to comment.