What do you eat with cottage cheese??

Options

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Nothing.. it's not readily available here. But when I was in Russia I loved cottage cheese stuffed buns (piroshki) and cottage cheese in thick pancakes (syrniki) - assuming cottage cheese is the same as quark (tvorog). If it's not, then I can safely say I've never had cottage cheese..
  • Hammybone
    Hammybone Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Typically vomit.

I hear other people mix various fruits with it.
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love it with fruit
    I add tuna with salt n pepper
  • stephicozar
    stephicozar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like it on a crispbread with maybe a little slice of ham, some swiss cheese, and/or some nice tomato or mango chutney.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    this is going to sound strange but this is what I used to do (lol)

The normal topping is black pepper. It really works and it's yummy.

Heres the weird:

horseradish. If you like spicy, try it, seriously.
    Ketchup. yes I'm serious, a tiny bit to turn it pink colored.
    Mayo - it's not the best LOL
    gravy - I think gravy is good on most things and cottage cheese was no exception
    toasted bread - simple and yummy
    thousand island dressing - kind like ketchup and mayo it just tastes interesting.

Yes I have tried all these things, no I wasn't pregnant (LOL) and they tasted pretty good. I don't eat cottage cheese anymore but yeah I would suggest mainly black pepper, freshly ground.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat it is with berries or pineapple. Also good on a baked potato.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I eat something I call a "protein bowl". It is cottage cheese, tuna, dark red kidney beans, and avocado all mixed together in a bowl. It sounds really weird.. but it is soooo good :). You can substitute the tuna for any meat really.. I've used turkey and chicken breast too. I've also put sauteed onions, mushrooms, garlic and hot sauce with it too.

That actually sounds pretty good to me. :)
  • ANTlSOClAL
    Options
    w/ tuna and egg whites
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    oh I forgot, scrambled eggs or sunny side up if you like them runny. That is REALLY good. Cold cottage cheese and freshly cooked scrambled eggs . ^_^ oh yummy...
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i put it on pasta with a little parmesan or eat it in a sandwich, but i like the idea of it with scrambled eggs.
  • MaidensAndMonsters
    Options
    I don't mind eating it plain at all but I also like it with just about any fruit!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Mostly I like it with fruit of any kind,
    but I also really like topping it with bacon pieces &/or sunflower seeds.
    Oh, and tomatos are pretty good with cottage cheese, but I guess that comes under fruit.
  • jessicagrieshaber
    jessicagrieshaber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I eat my cottage cheese with raw veggies. Carrots, mushrooms, cucumbers... I can't get enough! It's also good sometimes with fruit like strawberries or pineapple, and can also help satisfy a sugar craving!
  • wgaue
    wgaue Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I eat it with fruit of some sort, nuts, and even cheese.
  • 1_Ton_Lady
    1_Ton_Lady Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    drained canned pineapple.....crushed or cubed
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    either alone, or mix it with my chobani yogurt
  • badoerfan
    badoerfan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Blueberries is my favourite, I also have it with pumpkin seeds, which works surprisingly well.

My friend mixes a tiny bit of squash (as in orange squash or blackcurrant squash) with it - not tried that, but he says it's good!!
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I use in in place of yogurt in my fruit smoothies.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It does also taste good with blueberries or peaches, but my fav CC and fruit combo is pineapple.