Tall Ladies! What is your Goal Weight?

Options
Hello Ladies,

I am 19 (Current Weight 171 Pounds), I always thought I was 5'11 but turns out I am 6ft 1.
I started at 242.

Now you are going to think I am nuts and what not but I have this distorted, screwed up goal of 110 Pounds. My family and friends think I look good now and shouldn't lose anymore weight but I still feel as If I have alot more to lose, I feel as If I I haven't made any success even though I have lost 70 Pounds. Is this something I should seek professional help for? Because I feel I won't be happy until I get to 110 :(

Anyway enough about me, What is your Goal Weight?

Replies

• dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    110 seems very low for someone of your height. I know BMI is anything but an exact science but it does give a ball park for a general population and at 110 your BMI would be well below optimum weight.

I'm 28, only 5ft9 and aiming for 143. I'm 150 now and already feel I look great.

What is your current weight if you don't mind my asking.
  • ValenciaJudokova
    ValenciaJudokova Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    171, I'm at the higher end of a healthy BMI
  • Breeloney
    Options
    I have the exact same issue. I am 5"11/6" and i am in the process of losing weight, my ultimate goal weight is about 120, because that is where i will feel happy. But my mom thinks that 170 will look skinny on me. But i don't want to get to that point and be unhappy and keep losing weight and potentially become underweight. Sometimes being tall sucks.
  • ronellevan
    Options
    I am 5'11'' and I used to weigh 145 lbs and I was SKINNY.
    My new goal is 165 lbs - last time I was that weight I looked great!
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my goal is 128 :)
  • ccoop92
    ccoop92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0 and 21. My starting weight was 189 and I'm now 164ish although I've been down to around 157. I'm aiming for 150 i think because i know the extra 7lb would take off the wobbly bits.

I initially started thinking i need to get to 120 to be happy but realistically I'd probably look weak, lose my curves and i wouldn't be able to keep up eating such small quantities to sustain that weight! Also, i was judging my 'ideal' weight by what my 5'4-5'7 friends judged to be their ideal weights, which is totally wrong because we've got at least 4 inches height on them!

I just judge by the way i feel; if my body feels good, i have the energy to make it through the day, i can eat a diet that isn't ridiculously strict every day and i can indulge every so often then I'm happy at that weight. There is no point in aiming for a very low goal weight but when you get there you're unhappy because you have to live on tiny portions! (lets be real, we love food which is how we got to our start weights to begin with!)

In a nutshell; Go by the way YOU feel, not by the number on the scale or, how your family or friends see you.

Congrats on the weight loss already by the way, thats an incredible achievement!
  • freshstart180213
    freshstart180213 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    im not that tall just 5"6 however my initial goal is to reach 140 pounds and my absolute target is 126 now both of those put me in the healthy end of the BMI i would check it for yourself but for your height 110 sounds unhealthy as well as something that i dont think a person would be able to maintain through their life
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11' my goal right now set to 185. My twin is around 165 and looks great. I would think 110 would look too skinny.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    According to BMI… you are already at a healthy weight for your height. 110 is WAY too low for your height. It would put your BMI at an unhealthy level. If that's really something you are struggling with… yes, absolutely… I would seek professional help. That's verging on eating disorder thinking.

That being said… I'm 5'10 and my goal weight is 180. But 170 would be put me more comfortably in an appropriate BMI range. So, I may try to get to there.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Oh 110 is way too thin, hon.

I'm 5' 7", with a small frame. My ideal weight seems to be about 125.
    I was ill a few years back and my weight dropped to 118 and it was horrid. I was emaciated and my face looked like a skull. I was in my thirties, and I had people ask if I wanted the senior citizen discount (not even joking here) because I looked so frail and emaciated. You'll make yourself ill if you try to get down that low.

Perhaps shifting the goal might help? Like, look at your body now, measure a few key points like your waist, and see about how much fat on them you want to lose. Then you could have a measurement goal that might be more healthy.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    At 6' 1", 110 lbs is a BMI of 14.5! That is absolutely dangerous, to the point of death (I am not exaggerating). Please do seek professional medical advice if you're struggling with creating a healthy goal.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Why 110? Something you read? Just like the number?

110 is really low. Kind of too low. You'd end up looking really sick and probably be sick. It's kind of like choosing anorexia, lol.

But you're so far away from it that you'll probably change your mind before you get there. It's hard to know what number is right until you get closer to see how you look and feel.

I'm 5'9" and originally thought 140 would be good, but am now thinking maybe 130. I have to wait until I get closer to know. At 188, all I know is that I'm still way too fat. I can't envision what I'll look like at 140 or 130 yet. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. :)

People are always saying that I don't need to lose weight or don't need to "lose that much!" They just do it to be polite or kind. In one ear, out the other. :)
  • aurorareigns
    Options
    110 is SUPER low for your height. I'm 5'8" and when I weighed 118 I looked kind of scary because it was too skinny for my height.
  • BKJackson91
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and a healthy weight for me would be around 130 but my goal is 140.:) I think 110 is way too low for your height darling. I would look up a healthy weight calculator or talk to your doctor about what is right for you. There are charts everywhere online for that sort of thing.
    Good luck to you love!
  • Bhubacher77
    Options
    I am 5'10" and at 140 pounds (7+) years ago, I was super skinny. It was a hard number to maintain for me because I could eat almost nothing. After I had my first baby (and gaining 50 pounds), I got back down to around 155-160 and I looked good and was able to maintain. I think it all just depends on the person, although 110 does seem extremely low for someone your height. If you can maintain it and you are healthy and happy, then go for it. But don't push for something unattainable and then be disappointed.
    I currently weigh 214 and I set my goal weight at 175. If I get there and am happy, that's where I will stay. If I want to lose more, I will. You have to listen to your body and stay at whichever weight it right for you.
    Good luck!
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I agree, 110 is an unrealistic goal for a woman your height. I don't think you could get there without becoming malnourished, sick ... and looking anorexic.

I'm 5'7 and look VERY slim at 133 lbs. My goal weight is 135 because it puts me right in the middle of the healthy BMI range (21).

For you, 144 lbs is the lowest suggested HEALTHY BMI weight (19) ... that may be a more realistic goal. Anorexic isn't pretty.
  • clehman71
    clehman71 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I come in at 5'9". My original goal was around the 150 mark. Since I began, I have changed where I want to be. Now my goal is probably 160-170. But my main goal is no longer about weight but is about my body fat %.

I started weight lifting and am smaller now after gaining 10 lbs back than I was when I was just loosing weight. Body fat is what I am using to judge where I want to be. It seems to be more of what I am looking for rather than the scale.
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If you're not happy at 171 there is no harm in loosing a bit more, but as a few others have stated 110 is a bit extreme. Someone has already asked why 110? I think that is an important question to consider.

If you find you are obsessing over this there is no harm in talking to someone about it, like a doctor or counselor.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    110 is unrealistically low. My goal weight is 165 and I'm 6 feet tall. I could never imagine 110....you'd look like a walking skeleton, models aren't even that thin.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, curently 146, goal 140 . 110 is waaaay too low, and imo unsustainable in the long run. Reconsider your goal as you lose but honestly, 110 is a dangerous goal.